Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Question for Trump supporters

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by lacuna, Jul 25, 2024.

1. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    But factual. As opposed to the claim that fentanyl hasn't slowed down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  2. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Evangelicals were not able to get a federal abortion ban or any kind of stance about marriage on the latest iteration of the Republican party platform. That tells you how much power evangelicals have within the party right now.

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    It is weird isn’t it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Don't worry, fellas, Trump is totally not trying to end democracy:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    He just want:
    a) Some free publicity?
    b) Some people to get outraged, say stuff and let him pump up the victim thing?
    c) both?

We did see him illegally try to overturn an election, but it's still pretty implausible that even that clown would think it conceivable to somehow be in office beyond 4 more years. Right?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    So bizarre. The fact that so many Christians are drawn to him is really a black mark on Christianity. This is what happens when you are taught to just have faith and follow and don’t think for yourself.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    In a rare moment of truth, he admitted that he isn't a Christian lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I think he said he was a Christian.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Granted, he's an incoherent, senile old man, but it sounded to me like he said, "I'm not Christian."

10. SotaGator

SotaGator Junior

Apr 4, 2014
    He is slurring his speech when he says "I'm a Christian" but he def is saying that.
    Would LOVE to know how he thinks it will be fixed so good in four years that his "beautiful Christians" won't have to vote.
    Waiting for some of Too Hot's most frequent posters to explain to the rest of us how this guy isn't a threat to our democratic way of life.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023

Vote vs. draw are two different things. I think as long as we are honest about the flawed choices laid before us, we can keep a good testimony.

As long as we are actually voting for the good of the country we do well in our witness. Jesus is the one who asked the question, "Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil...?"

Doing good is always lawful. Voting the conscience is good, and therefore it is lawful despite any number of accusations leveled by Never Trumpers or leftists who want evil to reign in this country.

We are not judged by the faulty and flawed reasoning of non-believers. There is a spiritual blindness over the eyes of non-believers, but Christ came so that the blind might see and the deaf might hear. Having eyes to see and ears to hear is a gift of God’s grace. I have come to realize that a true believer need not bow before the false accusations of non-believers because the believer is not judged by the non-believer. At the end of the world the believers will stand with Christ and judge the non-believers not the other way around:

Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! -1 Corinthians 6:2-3
    At the end of the day those who believe are most capable to render judgement on earthly things. It is one thing if there is only one rogue believer going against the grain of the multitude of the believers. It is quite another when there is a large plurality and possibly even a majority of believers who are grounded in the scriptures and all judge a course of action to be right. There are many believers I know with a good testimony who voted against Trump at the primary level and voted for him in the general elections. They were seeking to steward their influence for good at each level of the political process. There are also many believers I know who have a good testimony who voted 3rd party. There are some things that have been referred to as intermediate things. Those would be issues of conscience where one believer might go one way and another believer might go another way. Voting can be an issue of conscience, but it also can an issue of sin and rebellion against God. Motive and the heart are everything. We all possess different amounts of knowledge, and then that knowledge motivates us to either good or evil. A holocaust in our land where 1/3 of each generation is murdered under the violence of our own hands should motivate everyone to vote against Democrats. It is one of the worst atrocities in the history of this world. That is the simple part. After that it is up to conscience whether one votes 3rd party or Republican.

There is a large portion of apostate and heretical people who claim the name of Christ that accuse many of those people who have good testimonies of being hypocrites for voting for Trump. They accuse them of being in sin for voting their conscience. These people are the divisive ones that would be warned once then cast out of the New Testament church for unrepentantly slandering the brethren.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
  12. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Thank you to those of you who took time to consider and respond to the thread's question. Most everyone contributing to the thread posted their thoughts in the spirit it was intended and created. I applaud and appreciate the cooperation of the great majority of those who contributed.

Too Hot being a place many of us gravitate to on a regular basis. We're a diverse, patchwork lot, a cross cut of America. And it's becoming more evident some of us are ready to rumble.

Though it is not always, or even usually a convivial scene, it's familiar, somewhat like the bar / pub in the television series, 'Cheers' - 'Where everyone knows your name' and a postman could sit at a bar rub shoulders and share a beer with a psychiatrist served by a bartender who was a former major league pitcher.

A cross cut of our nation is microcosmically represented on Too Hot by an architect, contractors, building inspectors, teachers, lawyers, doctors, dentists, biology, criminology and economics professors, food truck owner, accountants, chemists, engineers, a U.S. post office employee, artists, musicians, a pub owner, a pharmacist, a sanitation company owner, a retired judge, a mushroom farmer, a retired long distance truck driver, a homemaker, some working, some retired. Mothers and Fathers. Assertive Gator Country/Too Hot posters with strong opinions, diverse political leanings, spiritual or religious convictions.

Within this diversity of occupation and income we disagree; we argue - a lot. Some of us are not kind and tempers rise. Resentments fueled by anger and insult flourish in the virtual reality sphere we share. Our presence on a thread may set certain others on edge, waiting to land verbal smack downs for our political views, or punish us for simply for being who or what we are. Not much is forgotten or forgiven as tensions and unbridled urges to retaliate escalate.

Displayed as it is on this forum, our animus projected towards our perceived opposition is a microcosm of the broader spectrum where divisive hostile attitudes are found most everwhere in America today. It is greatly troubling; an ugly crippling, festering, wound of anger oozing with dissatisfied resentment.

Though I and concerned others have encouraged, and will continue to urge those who participate in Too Hot threads to temper their hostilities and address each other with courtesy and respect, I've only observed an overall increase in hostilities. And it will continue as long as each and every one of us nurtures those ill feelings, using them to justify and fuel an equal or greater insulting retaliation that tops the one received. Until one exercises self control, discouraged or prevented by moderation those destructive impulses will continue and increase, carrying over into other areas and facets of one's life. Completing the circle of hate and resentment.

The idea of this thread came to me only an hour or so before I made the initial posts. The objective was to establish a thread where discussions and exchanges of ideas would remain civil. I did not know how successful it would be but the idea struck me as worth the effort. I have frequently urged people posting here to back off the insults and without exception they justify their insults by shifting the responsibility, pointing virtual fingers towards the ones they are returning insult. No one has been willing to back off and exercise civility to have constructive exchanges. Consequently there is little to no consensus in a nation that desperately needs it as it blindly navigates a path leading to destruction.

What makes any of us think the world as we know it will continue as it seemingly has to this point? We are not exempt from destructive forces, be they natural or unleashed by man's selfishness and greed for wealth, fame and power. Through our pride, our ambition, our selfish pursuits of pleasure and power we are headed for a reckoning. But enough of that.

When the bad times come, and they will, we must hold together having found our areas of agreement, and cooperate in trust. Most especially if there are outside forces out of our control. For this to be workable, essential bonds of Trust must be established. That does not come easy to people who cannot find, define or establish areas and points of agreement where workable ideas can emerge. It does not come from, or for, people who insult one another or carry long standing grudges driving wedges of hostility that hinder or prevent reconciliation and cooperation.

This thread went a remarkable time before some gave into their baser inclinations and insulting language appeared in their posts. As anticipated a few have stepped over the lines I set. Their posts were deleted to eliminate the temptation to pile on as people do. Objections were raised and questions were asked, but letting those posts remain on the thread would have begun to subtly erode the lines, destroying the thread's intent.

There were objections to my decision to leave post #6. Even before the objections were posted I had spent time wrestling with what to do about the post. I let it remain because I have no reason to distrust that poster. He is not a person who regularly insults others as some on here. I hoped the post would not be an encouragement to others posting on the thread to kick their toes over the line set, requesting all participants to have civil conversations. For the great majority of you, this was enough.

Post #3 addressed to 92 was made to encourage participation. 92 had given an invitation to 'come on with him someplace, though taking me for a man' ;). It was the first negative rating placed on the thread. He did respond to my response to his negativity, but later deleted that post. It would have been the 4th post on the thread if it had not been deleted by 92. Before he deleted it I had posted a reply to him, post #8. He responded to it later in the thread.

It was not an especially good day for me to make the initial post, there were medical appointments and other obligations to be met, but I was impelled to go ahead even though I was not online to keep up with the thoughts and ideas being exchanged. I know there is some good stuff on the thread and I intend to take my time reading and giving consideration to what was posted.

JW

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    He’s blocked and unblocked me like 10 times lol.[/QUOTE]
    I call it something else, but if I told you he would block me again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    That is pretty funny and a mod with a sense of humor also found it funny. If a conservative would have a comment similar to this, it would have been deleted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Now now

16. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    When did you think about writing this book?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Friday morning

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    So you know what was in the original posters thoughts. Wow amazing.

19. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    What gives me comfort is I doubt he lives 8 more years. So even if he was president for life it doesn’t necessarily mean the end of democracy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Evangelicals even more moderate ones were basically ignored in the 2024 platform. Have you read it?

Its basically border, taxes, inflation, border, clean up cities, border, inflation, border...

It may be the most godless republican platform ever written.