Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Question for Trump supporters

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by channingcrowderhungry, Feb 3, 2024.

1. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    If Donald and his followers genuinely believe the last election was stolen from him, why would he be running again when clearly they would just steal it from him again? They managed to steal it from him when Biden wasn't in power, they're clearly more capable of stealing it now with more Dems in place.

• Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Logic and Trump supporters are like oil and water. They don't mix.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    They just want their orange god in the white house and they don't care how it happens.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    But whats the end game? The Dems have more pieces in place this time to steal the election again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    For the pubs that aren't just ignorant, it is about changing voting laws to make it harder for folks to vote.

This is happening in every red controlled state under the lie that the election was stolen and there is a need to stop voter fraud.

Here in NC, they have 1) had voter purges where if you haven't voted for some period they just boot your voter registration. Don't even tell you it happened. 2) Require voter id, but are making no effort to make sure voters w/o drivers licenses get new ids.

I have seen other states doing the same.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    The Dems are just gonna have to use 4,000 mules this time. They pulled it all off with Trump in power in 2020, Imagine what they can do this time.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 4
  7. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Original post asking a question.
    Then, two posts subsequently denigrating the folks to whom the question was asked.

Yeah, sure...so much wrong with how quickly this thread turns south. Not my monkey, not my circus. Enjoy commiserating in your bubble.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I get it denigrated quickly, but I'm honestly curious. If you're a Trump supporter who believes the election was stolen, why vote? Why is Trump bothering to run again?

If I was at a poker table and was being cheated by the dealer, why would I got back to the same table and expect a different result?

• Like Like x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    Somebody needs a wahmbulance. Quick ... find your safe space little snowflake.

Did I do that right?

10. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I don't think I speak for all Trump supporters by any means, but I don't think the last election was stolen.

I think Democrats have tried to tip the scales in their favor this election cycle with the indictments and it just might backfire.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

Here's a song I'm sure Trump could actually get permission to use.:

12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I also think Democrats have a lot of major institutional advantages which are in many ways both politically unfair and bad for the country, but that's not "stealing" an election.

That's just having control over media and influential figures, which I consider a separate issue entirely. There needs to be more "diversity of thought" with respect to politics in media, academia, and Hollywood. What we have now are echochambers with the occasional token conservative and everyone else sneers at them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    There are supporters on this board that still say it was stolen. I'd be curious their answer, though I appreciate yours

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Some commentators suggested that Trump may have actually been responsible for Democrats winning two Senate seats in the 2020/21 Georgia runoff election. Although Trump campaigned on behalf of the two Republican candidates, David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, he kept emphasizing that he lost the presidential election as the result of massive fraud strongly implying that elections results couldn't be trusted. Considering that turnout was lower in "red" counties than "blue" counties Trump's message may have had the unintended effect of suppressing turnout among Republican voters.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Because I think deep down they know he got his ass kicked and it’s just a coping mechanism.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    It’s like playing a game with a 5 year old. If they dont win they claim they were cheated.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    The question makes sense. I am not one that believes the election was stolen, so I can’t properly answer it either, but an analogy to sports might help.

From reading GC, I gather that many Gator fans believe that the refs, the SEC, and/or NCAA is biased against UF. Yet our fans look forward to the games. You sometimes see comments such as “We need to overcome the refs”, suggesting that the hold that the refs have on the game isn’t total. Maybe the refs will cost Florida 5 or 10 points, but the Gators still have a chance to win by 6 or 11 points overcoming the deficit. Perhaps we are dealing with something similar here.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Even if Trump wins, Kamala Harris can just not certify the election :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    It's a valid question, in the sense that I've pondered what ifs such as this in my head. I think the idea is to make the victory so large, that they can't fix it by stuffing a bunch of fake ballots in at the end. That is the genius of Trump's schtick about the 2020 Election. He's making sure that every angry white male in rural Georgia turns out to vote this time. It is what it is ...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    They honestly might be right.

And that’s just a massive self-inflicted political wound on Trump’s part. Don’t see any sort of beneficial strategy to that sort of talk when you’re simply trying to win.

It comes across as being impulsive and lacking self control. I’d say his default demeanor is like this, add in frustration over the election and it’s just a really bad combination to the Republican Party and Donald Trump himself.