Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Project 2025 Ground Work Has Started.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by FutureGatorMom, Jun 26, 2024.

1. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    All "conservatives" support this project. I'm just glad that they are not trying to hide it as it shows how they are willing to do anything for power

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    @ETGator1 since you say Dems are so evil, I’d love to hear your thoughts on this coming from the very party and presidential candidate you support.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Me? I'd fire the top 20 in each and every federal department. The deep state is real and must be stopped. However, I haven't read the article yet, but I will later today.

The problem as I see it, the democrats get their own people in which is okay, but republicans are evil for doing the same thing.

I know Trump has a plan for defeating the deep state, but I don't know if it has anything to do with Project 2025, again will read it later today plus see if I can find something on Trump's deep state plan.

Because of the requirement to cut off the deep state at the knees, I have a preference for Trump's VP pick, not that he has asked me. I'd like a fighter like Ron DeSantis. I don't want anyone who would become VP and then conduct business as usual for a non-acceptable deep state.

I will add that democrats are already acting and planning ahead in case Trump wins to either stop or slow down what he wants to do. That is their right, but it just goes to show how DC works for the democrats and not republicans.

Yes Jo, poor conflicted picked on me thinks there is a problem in DC that isn't fair and shouldn't be allowed to continue. Now, carry on with your hateful diatribes.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024
    • Funny x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  5. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He hasn't asked you? He has been asking me twice a week the last few weeks.

This was the latest one, from Saturday:
    [charname], I'm only asking you.

I need to choose my Vice President before next month’s Republican National Convention, but I don’t want to make a final decision until I speak to you first.

Who would you pick to join my ticket?

Generations of Americans will be influenced by the decision you make RIGHT HERE.

Only TRUE TRUMP PATRIOTS like YOU get to pick who will stand by my side as I fight to take back the White House and save this country.

If you want to send me $125, I'll cast my vote for DeSantis on your behalf. Oh wait, make it $129.10 to cover the $4.10 processing fee so 100% of our donation go to Trump National Committee.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011

"Deep State" is real? Is that the Con conspiracy du jour? Odd that since in the last 50 years, Pubs have had the WH about 30% more time than the Dems, and Trump had his shot but must have failed in fixing the evil deep state. His new plan ? Is it a secret like his health plan? Hilarious.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Non-political appointees are not put into jobs by a party and political appointees are always appointed by political affiliation. The desires of Project 2025 go deeper than just a change out of top level political appointees- they are saying fire 50,000 or more federal employees and replace them with 50,000 employees who are loyal to trump. That sends a chill up my spine.

• Agree Agree x 13
  8. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I blocked Donald Trump's campaign. (chuckle)

Still get a few texts, but not near as many as before. I delete these texts and report as spam. At my stage in life, I'll give him my vote, not my money.

I also don't want my credit card information in his campaign, and I wouldn't pay any processing fee as a matter of financial practice. I get paid a reward to use my credit card, not the other way around plus I never pay interest. It's a pretty sweet deal.

Just yesterday, I paid $125 to have an appliance repaired rather than spending $700 to replace it. The repair company has a 4% fee, so I paid out of my money market savings account. For the Trump campaign, $125 isn't a drop in the bucket. For me, it's valued money I intend to hang on to for my benefit.

9. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Now, you know how conservatives have felt for a long time. For me, that time goes back to Obama weaponizing the IRS/Lois Lerner to attack the Tea Party.

Come to think of it, we can resurrect Obama's election interference attaching his weaponizing the IRS to win an election, take him to a selected court, convict him, and throw his ass in jail as you want to do to Trump. Thank you democrats for the blueprint for revenge.

You do understand, we need Trump appointments to get this job done right.

Yes, you should feel a chill up your spine, but not for the reason you are stating. (shaking head)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Mine, too. What has happened to this country that so many support Trump? Are other issues so important to them that they’d prefer a demagogue as President?

• Like Like x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Putting loyalists to ANY party of the POTUS is scary. I cannot believe that this is even on the table! Wonder how these clowns would feel if Biden tried to pull this off?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Since these people are say 95% democrats, Biden has no need to do this. He has all of the deep state democrats he wants.

As Chuck Schumer said, don't cross the DOJ, they have a million ways to cut you. Notice lacuna, I didn't put that in quotes. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Creating their very own maga deep state. Loyalty to Trump over country and constitution. When do the book burnings begin?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I wouldn’t say that. For instance most federal LE and security personnel are conservative and (likely) Republican but usually do their jobs such that it is not overtly obvious.
    To me you are demonstrating observer bias by the 95% statement.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    It's only the Ds that block the other party's legistative attempts? Is this your real life assertion?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Yeah - that's obvioulsy not supportable.

From 2020:

"About 43% of respondents said they planned to vote Democrat this year compared to 33% Republican and 16% independent." And remember - one party often campaigns on eliminating these people's jobs...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    They commit real crimes to offset the fake crimes they make up.

It's a terrible time in US history, but magnificent entertainment to watch the collapse, at least.

Also, in before all the non-Trumpy conservatives who will tell us that "I don't support any of this, but I'll vote for the people who will go along with it and implement it because........errr, some day they might like get better or something. "

• Like Like x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  18. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Your actual facts must be untrue as they fail to support both Maga and poster. You must delete the source and just make up numbers to support the correct narrative.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    inaction and silence is consent. Enablers are no better than the offenders.

• Like Like x 3
  20. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I thought I blocked them, it has been a few years since I've gotten anything from them, but a couple months ago they started up again. I wonder if they "lost" the unsubscribe information when they transferred old list over to the new organization.