Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Project 2023 Batting Avg and HRs...

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by shelbygt350, Jan 9, 2023.

1. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    On this coming season (based on 60 games, schedule + SEC tourney just for simplicity), who do you think hits .300 or higher?

Who hits 15 or more HRs?

2. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    My crystal ball says Langford, Thompson, Riopelle all hit over 0.300 with over 15 dingers each. Cags gets over 15 dingers but falls just short of 0.300.

3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Thinking Thompson may be an outlier here:)

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Given the style of swinging away regardless of count I will bet there are more 15 HR guys than 300 hitters.
    Hitting 300...Langford maybe on sheer talent, maybe Halter if he has his summer mojo.
    Would think several have a chance at 15 HR, Langford, BT, Cag, Rivera, Evans, Halter

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Great thread Shelby for January. Thanks for starting it. I assume your question mainly deals with every day starters, not part time subs like Talbott. I'm putting my make believe lineup at the bottom for now to help anyone who wants a refresher on most of the names. Hopefully it gets a few others thinking it thru.

My thoughts are Langford and Cags over 300 and over 15. Everyone should remember Cags didn't start until SEC play and still finished at 288. Now imagine him getting all those starts before mid March and beginning with a 350 average before conference play starts. I think Halter will start and remain above 300 until May then fall back in the 280 range. Riopelle depends if he plays more at DH and 1st then yes he will be above 300 but if he mainly plays at catcher then no he will fall back late. BT will also hit more than 15. Shelnut will stay above 300 and probably finish above 300 but its unknown how much he will start in SEC play and who gets hurt. My one name to add will be Kurland for 300. The kid is a hitter. His swings seem to find open areas more than most. If I was a betting man I say Kurland is above 300 thru most of April but finishes around 290, both regionals included. (yes that's plural):cool:

Lastly, with a prediction, if Robertson wins the starting CF and hits above 300 in the leadoff spot for the season, this team makes the finals. Unknown who they will face and what matchups to deal with, but with Mikey on the base paths and all that power behind him, opposing pitchers are going to hate facing the Gators in May and June. I saw it over and over in the fall. When Robertson was on base, he made life difficult for even our pitchers and the defense. Tough to say if he ends up over 300 but I'm sure he is going to beat out some ground balls in the infield, lay down some tough bunts for the defense to handle, and get on base with a few more walks than normal. Obviously I'm saying he will have a high OB% somewhere above 400 but actual hits might be more up to the scorer on a few of those throws to first.

Possible lineup for now
    1B - Jac Caglianone/Tyler Shelnut
    2B - Cade Kurland/Dale Thomas
    SS - Josh Rivera/Deric Fabian
    3B - Colby Halter/Tyler Shelnut
    C - BT Riopelle/Luke Heyman/Salvador Alvarez/Rene Lastres???
    LF - Wyatt Langford/Richie Schiekofer
    CF - Michael Robertson/Wyatt Langford
    RF - Ty Evans/Matt Prevask/Tucker Talbott

Hope this helps anybody out there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Oops.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Good post. Ever the optimist, are you, M87? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1