Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

President Trump's Endorsements: 192-11

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Aug 10, 2022.

1. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta VIP Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    Im not disagreeing and its a hard sell for sure. To be honest, I don't know if you are one of the people Im talking about but people like Wardamn who wish death on the otherside. However, like I said, if they are a lost cause just ignore them from that point on.

That doesn't work. It creates more division. It's not a strategy to gain members and isn't that the name of the game?

You guys will get much further by actually trying to be understanding even if its something you can't stand. It's simply something you have to do or you will get the same results.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No need to, Georgia is in the 11 losses.

3. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    Ya I have a habit of using that. Sorry, it's more to generalize my comment instead of directing it at you. I tried to distinguish I didn't know your stance but still said it again lol..My bad :)

As for that second part, in this forum, it's definitely more skewed to Dems doing that. There aren't enough reps here to even cause a dent in the liberal echo chamber this place has become. Some are straight up nasty people that I wouldnt even want to watch a Gator game with and I don't hold grudges outside of Too Hot unless over time it goes too far. In real life Im pretty f'n chill and cool with everyone.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The republicans did for once out gerrymander the dems. Great job republicans. You have to fight fire with fire.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    I would argue that McConnel was far more influential in creating any of the “money” issues that you speak of. Trump and the accolades were more sound bites over substance. Thoughtful strategy vs carnival barking.

There are tons of solid conservative who are now ostracized because they dared speak the truth about interactions.

The market is the market and the decades trend lines are evident. It’s like everyone discounts a pandemic and workers not coming back. It is a worldwide problem.

I admit to voting against self interest because I would never vote for the nutjobs. Everyone has a choice based on their place in life.

The rhetoric surrounding everything is just crazy and fueled by different platforms. Personally,I never want to hear my elected officials on tv, I want them working not posturing. Ymmv

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    And the Dems came a cat whisker from nominating Bernie. Not that the two are equal other than being crazy, angry old men.

Crazy abounds

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    Good post, and you're right but the average American on both sides think President = blame and praise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    Just looking at this before Trump was in office... how the F were our options Trump, Hillary, Bernie and Biden? Like.. over 300 million people and these are the best of the best of the best? I blame this all on the Kardashians and popularizing train wrecks and reality shows. Now our whole world revolved around that crap and social media "influencers".

The whole state of the world is just absolutely crazy to think about even for someone growing up in the late 80's-early 90's.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm curious what all the people, like @tilly, who have been saying "Trump is done, not the leader of the republican party, we've moved on, why are democrats still talking about him?", have to say about this?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. AndyGator

AndyGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Which I personally think would have been disaster, but again it is an intra-party issue. Democrats are not in disagreement over who owns their party nearly as much as Republicans are. Democrat concerns are more geriatric.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump has done well in blue states too.

Given their election reform law implemented, I'll take Georgia even with non-America First republicans. Bottom line, Trump can't win all of his endorsements.

I do like that Trump is 17-0 in US Senate endorsements. If that carries over to the midterms, the republicans will be in control of the house and the senate.

12. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Tilly is the equivalent of a weather forecaster who can't get weather forecasts right.

13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Speaking of the midterms, polls for a couple of Trump endorsed candidates in the general election. Senate elections for open seats currently held by moderately conservative Republicans.
    In PA Trump endorsed Dr. Oz in the Republican primary.
    upload_2022-8-10_11-5-0.png

In Ohio the Donald endorsed JD Vance
    upload_2022-8-10_11-6-42.png

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    So, like.. all mets? ;)

15. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

For starters, Trump endorsement doesnt mean they were a bad candidate. Many of these may have been easy wins with or without his endorsement.

Second, have I ever said anything other than his grip is slipping (always posting a data point or metric to back my claim?).

I have never denied the numbers still favor him. I have said repeatedly though that people are making gains and we aren't even in a campaign season yet.

Your using a bit of hyperbole to describe my words

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    When I see responses like this but I can't see who you are responding to... all I can think is.. man I made a good choice blocking that one. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. tilly

What forecast did I miss on?

When I told all the libs that Trump would not stay in power after the election despite all their hand wringing, was I right or wrong?

When I said Pence would do the constitutional thing despite the liberals crying that he would not, was I wrong?

When I said that DeSantis would emerge as a viable foe for Trump have I been proven wrong?

I voted for Trump in 16 for the SCOTUS nominations and chose not to in 2020 and said that we had enough justices at that point to do the job, do you agree with that forecast?

I said in 2020 that if Trump had just been reasonable at the start of Covid and acted concerned and professional that he would win the election. I said in March of that year, that he was losing conservatives and would lose the election for his covid policy. Was I wrong about that?

I can go on. You tell me. What forecast was I wrong about? You not liking the outcome doesnt make the forecast wrong.

18. tilly

Nah. His question is fair. He's just being dramatic with my language.

Trump had a good week, if you discount the FBI raid and the whole having to plead the 5th thing. ;)

19. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I had this exact same thought.

20. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    See if you can spot the difference from before the primary and after.

• Like Like x 1