Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

President Trump now odds on favorite to win 2024 presidential election

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Oct 2, 2023.

1. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Elitist snobbery.

[​IMG]

2. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    You can absolutely bet on US politics in the US and most of the money flowing into those bets originated here in the States. Is it legal? In most cases, no, but you can very easily do it and many Americans do it all the time. Apparently you’re not familiar with the concept of offshore betting sites either. I know there is only so much a trash man is going to know, but you keep digging that trash pile deeper for yourself. I didn’t initiate this exchange. You did and you’re either very naive or behaving stupidly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    You called Trump the "Vegas Favorite" so show me the Vegas book he's favored in.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  4. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
    So cheaper gas and no wars. Can’t wait.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    It’s not unheard of for offshore gambling sites such as Bovada, etc to be referred to as “Vegas”, in the larger realm of online gambling. You should probably just bow out gracefully, garbage man. “Can’t bet on US politics in the US” is like saying “can’t smoke pot in the US.” Get a clue, trash man.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I wonder if people in, say different countries, placed offshore bets? What are the chances?

7. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Given the Electoral College, only a handful of states will matter. I don’t know how accurately the betting markets predicted past presidential and mid term elections, but we have every reason to believe at this point that 2024 will be close.

8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Haha, one would think after all your predictions about Senators Oz and Walker that you would bow out of the prediction game. I'd think that a flip of the coin would probably have done better than you at political predicting.

9. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    It could also be a Trump landslide. Imagine if the unemployment rate began going up. (totally plausible and halfway expected given how employment cycles historically and Fed raising rates) Imagine if something happens in Ukraine that hurts Biden’s standing. Again, totally plausible given what we saw in Afghanistan and Russia’s overwhelming manpower advantage. Imagine if inflation flairs back up to what it was a year ago.

Biden is very vulnerable with his age, lack of campaigning and he has quite a bit that could go wrong for him in the next year. Very little that can realistically improve his standing from where it is today. Lots of downside, very little upside. It’s not a good position for him to be in.

Lastly, all you have to do is look at the 2 of 3 Dems who when asked say they would prefer another candidate other than Biden. I could totally see a scenario where Trump drops the mic on election night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    You mean when COVID-25 hits and we no longer can get toilet paper again and businesses start closing shop?

11. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    @okeechobee and @channingcrowderhungry can you guys clean up the pettiness directed at one another? It does nothing for the thread.

Anecdotally, I was watching Trump's odds the last election, and right up until late in the evening, he was still a favorite.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

12. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    What ever changed about that? This is too hot and you know Demoncrat posters are going to name call no matter what.

13. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Sure, by people who don't understand gambling.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Frankly I think you’re off base for calling out @channingcrowderhungry - he’s been quite reserved despite the constant pejorative ad hominem attacks by the other person. I wonder why he didn’t refer to channing as a 2x small business owner?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    And this is what makes a Trump supporter a Trump supporter. You made a simple mistake. But an obvious one.

Now, rather than just accept that simple meaningless mistake, you tried twisting words, and meanings. You've gotten out your sharpie marker. You've resorted to personal attacks and name calling. All because you can't possibly admit you were wrong on even something so minor as this.

A perfect microcosm of Trump and Trump voters. I'll order you some fresh sharpies, yours has to be running low on ink.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Do we need to start a "Bourbon and Betting" thread in the pub? Cause I've been on a burner since I had Brian Harman at 55/1 to win the British.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Nah the guaranteed GOP recession will do the trick.

18. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter!

Outside opinion and someone who loves your country...
    Are these two really the best you can muster? Aren't there like 330 million of you guys and girls?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Most of the betting odds have Biden favored to win the presidency if nominated slightly but Trump more favored to be nomination. Thus Trump is overall favored as a person but democrats are overall favored as a party.

It’s so close though nothing like polls or betting odds matters much unless someone starts pulling away.

I love Michelle more likely than Haley. Lol

809D1C8E-C76A-4104-A3C7-82AFD97EA8AC.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    A lot can change in a year.

I'm sure at this time in 2019 they were ordering the balloons for the Matt Bevins victory party.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1