Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Pre-Game Discussion: FLORIDA at Missouri

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Nov 12, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Just hope UF competes well and doesn't collapse in this one, I think Mizzou is vastly underrated and may just be the second best team UF will face, at least to this point. Game has a bit of an ominous feel to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DeepPurpleGator

DeepPurpleGator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 13, 2007
    That's because we have two good RBs: ETN has 628 yards and Montrell has 625. They are #11 and #12.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    I respect your take and totally understand how you feel. But CS is likely a bit over the hill by now and as much as I love Kerwin, I want a heavy weight with a track record to match at OC just as badly as I want one at DC. Go big or stay home is the order of the day IMO. I've had enough of retreads and OJT guys. And FTR, in the unhappy event that things don't work out for BN and crew, the same dictum should hold true for the next HC/AD hires as well. Not giving up on anything or anyone at this point, but the product on the field must improve significantly or some unpleasant facts will eventually have to be confronted. In the here and now, we're about to complete the second season of a massive rebuild and results are mixed at best. We badly need to gain some steam - sooner rather than later would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. eastcoastgator

eastcoastgator Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Miami, Fl.
    Given all the hype it's sort of a let down when not even one of your "hyped" rb's is a top ten SEC rb. Missouri's Schrader by himself has almost as many yards as our top two combined.

Who will get more yards on Saturday, Schrader or Montrell Johnson and Trevor Etienne combined.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. gatorbreeder

gatorbreeder All American

Jun 23, 2023
    You should really look into Kerwin as a coach and the success he has had. His offense is similar to the fun n gun. He won a natty at a school without scholarships and currently has a poverty program in the top ten of FCS. I believe several of his teams have averaged 45+ PPG. I'd be happy if he became the head ball coach.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  7. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Thanks for the background info, he's clearly been more successful than I thought. FTR, my biggest concern with KB was the track record we have with HCs and coordinators trying to grow into the job at UF. It hasn't been a pretty picture to date, to say the least. But if Kerwin were the pick, I'd welcome him with open arms. We need an effective OC beyond badly and if KB is the man, more power to him. IMO, AA gets another season to see what he can do with the incoming class (fingers crossed there too) and what we can do in the portal this next time around. The clock is running on getting the staff right and putting a competent team on the field on a much more consistent basis. What we've seen to date will not cut it much past '25 - if that long. I hate it that things aren't going our way in several areas, but I'm still pulling for BN and the team as much as ever - as always. It just is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Hall of Fame

Jul 24, 2010
    Just this one has had an ominous feel?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Hopper out with sprained ankle. Should help us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    wearing my Gator clothes. Already getting a bunch of smack talk at work and even Taco Bell. Have a strong feeling I will get a lot of it next week. Maybe they will over look us. All they talk about is their New Year's Bowl

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007

• Like Like x 1
  12. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    History suggests whoever wins, wins fairly easily.

Unless our defense shows up with a pulse, I think they win fairly easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL

14. malscott

malscott GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    GATORS, Make it good one! Gotta right the ship at some point-might as well be now! And, obviously, do it right, not like nole scum. (see that crap in the BB game?)

Go Gators.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Yes. Past transgressions are enough.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Coach Drink is a very good coach.

17. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    He has slowly moved up, but has been very successful as a HC everywhere he has been. He stayed as a HC at the High School level a long time. I think at this juncture (he is 58), he will only entertain HC jobs, especially after the one year he was an OC at a woeful program in FBS. I also doubt he'll leave Western Carolina until he gets them at or near the top....that seems to be his modus operandi at his other stops.

18. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Hmmm...in just looking at their offense, they have a great RB, a very mobile QB that can also throw, and a great WR. I agree that combo doesn't appear to bode well for our underwhelming defense.

19. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    The Florida defense has given up 39+ points in the last 4 games. That can’t happen again today, if they want to win. All 3 road losses have been by double digits. This is just a tough matchup for our Gators, imho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.