Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post Game Thread

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Aug 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    100%.

There's a real art to maintaining the right demeanor.....yet retaining a loose enough personality that no one can see you are nervous and uptight.

I'm just not seeing it....sorry......

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    He has always told us he knows about this team what we don't know.

3. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I was at the game and hence didn’t listen to the comments. .

We will see how his season shapes up. I’ll be here all season.

4. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    It hasn’t translated yet to P5/4 wins right now for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The defensive corodinator and the choice of a pocket QB was all on Napier. The problems were all Napier's choices that he made... from the very beginning. We can split hairs about players making plays and play-calls... or even player personnel, but it all comes down to the head ball coach in the end.

His coaching staff... his players... his team... his record.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  6. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

There is a reason why the QB position is the most important in the NFL and in college. My simple point is that everything revolves around a QB’s performance. All players play better with a top notch signal caller and top signal callers draw talent to the program.

How many players committed to Florida because of MERTZ?? ZERO!

How many of the scholarship players were inspired by his grit, hustle, never say die, and clutch performances? ZERO.

We can argue stats as much as we want. I have established with clear and convincing evidence that in games against Miami, Missouri, UGA, LSU, and Arkansas Mertz was outplayed.

You say that QBs don’t win games by themselves and you are absolutely right.

However, if you reverse the performances of the QBs in those last 5 games, we probably win at least two or three of them.

Arkansas, LSU, and Miami’s outcomes would have very possibly been different if the numbers their QB put up were Merrz’s numbers. The same is true for all the stats in those games if they are reversed, but once again EVERYTHING is spearheaded by the QB’s level of play and the confidence the players have in him.

16 out of the last 20 Heisman Trophy winners were QBs. 17 out of the last 20 NFL MVPs were QBs.

Without a Heisman caliber level QB, Tebow, Wuerffel, Spurrier, Leak, and Trask we are wasting our time playing football END OF STORY!!

7. northgagator

northgagator GC Hall of Fame

I would repost the rest of your rant, but the reader on this forum need a break from your vitrol, lunacy, ignorance, and most of all, your very disrespectful comments about Mertz. You really went below the belt on that part of your rant.

By way, as for me, you are the "end of the story". I am putting you on ignore.

8. wargunfan

wargunfan GC Hall of Fame

Jan 6, 2010
    Inside your head.
    After two games opposing teams are averaging scoring fifty points on the Gator defense. Florida potentially could win against UCF, Kentucky and FSU, the rest are probable losses. That means a 4-8 record and no bowl game. That means the 2025 class is in the toilet and portal losses as well. Can BN survive all that. I doubt it. In the meantime I have found much more interesting things to do on Saturdays.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014

Not to be a dick, but I am one….

Soooooo why are you posting here? Just thought we should know you got better things to do?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.