Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post Game Thread -- TAMU at FLORIDA

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Sep 14, 2024 at 7:40 PM.

1. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

As I tell most people who respond to my comments, you are entitled to your opinion. I am not impressed with Kentucky at all. They are very vulnerable, and the only reason why Stoops is not on the hot seat is because he is coaching a historically losing program. So any marginal improvement (i.e. beating our currently struggling program in repeat years) is a feather in his cap. But at some point, looking forward to playing Florida is not going to be a job-sustaining criterion for Stoops, and this year might be the year that starts the pendulum in the opposite direction for him.

2. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

I agree with you 100%. That is a coaching problem, not a player problem. Teams that don't shoot themselves in the foot have coaches who teach discipline which in the first 3 years of Napier's tenure, he has been unable to do.

3. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

I respect your opinion. I feel that demonstrating to the players that they are not playing Florida caliber football and having someone step up to as Saban says, "change the culture" could be highly motivating for young men who don't lack the ability or talent, but just the message to get them mentally where they need to be. Napier is not a guru. PERIOD. He does not possess that leave-it-all-on-the-field-, bleed-orange-and-blue charisma.