Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post Game Thread -- TAMU at FLORIDA

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Sep 14, 2024 at 7:40 PM.

1. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Digging and scratching and clawing our way back to the point where we punt instead of trying to beat Georgia. Muschamp probably chased Stoops all over the field trying to shake his hand after the game.

2. CaliGator

CaliGator Junior

Apr 29, 2007
    Mullen giving advice to UF and FSU on College Football Final (ESPN) is the height of hypocrisy. I’d like to slap that smile off his face.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    What game was it where Spurrier sent Kresser in for 1 play to make a throw Wuerffel would have struggled with to pick up a crucial first down?

4. racingator

racingator Senior

Sep 14, 2007
    St. Augustine
    That may have been one of the most miserable experiences I’ve ever had in The Swamp and I sat through our loss to Arkansas last year.

I still have a voice this morning, which I’m ashamed of and should be hoarse, because after screaming my lungs out the entire first quarter just for the defense to be a sieve… what’s the point?

My friend left during the lightning delay. My aunt could not take anymore after we got soaked in our ponchos second quarter. By halftime, they both had returned to the tailgate and I was the last member of my party still at the game.

I sat in drenched clothes until the bitter end. Got to witness what few fans were left sing “I Won’t Back Down”… then immediately pour out of the exits.

I never leave the boys early, but it was sorely tempting. Thankful I had a dry change of clothes back at the tailgate I had packed just in case given the weather reports. That would have been an even more miserable drive back to St. Augustine.

I wanted to attend at least one more home game this year, but I question if there’s even a point to it. I was never raised to be fairweather, but what a miserable experience yesterday was.

Not even being heckled anymore by friends who are fans of other teams. All there is… is pity. How sad.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Worse than that they were making fun of how much money BN will walk away with. DM probably a bit miffed BN failed more and gets more.

6. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Get rid of won’t back down. It is a curse and a meme generator

On the topic of the players. I don’t think any of them quit. Out of condition and really poorly coached as to effort and execution, absolutely. It has been said before, but the assistants are often more important than the HC. Do we have any that are excellent? Maybe, I just don’t know.
    Too old to care about researching options. But for fire trucks, please don’t screw number 5 up

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    And whats sad is UF is in the same boat talent wise when Napier took over. How many guys getting drafted next year from UF this upcoming NFL draft? Even if we kept EVERYONE and no one hit the portal this offseason, who are the “building blocks” for the next coach?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    My 2-cents: Haters gonna' hate. If it was the exact opposite, they would be yakking about how cheap Florida is. Whatever Mullen says is inconsequential to me and he should have more dignity than to get in the middle of anything like this especially with his exit -- but we knew he didn't.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. swampgator93

swampgator93 Recruit

Sep 1, 2023
    Treasure Island, Florida
    Maybe FSU? But honestly, after yesterday's disaster it's a strong possibility we lose out for the remainder of the season. The team is likely to give up on this coaching staff. Stop it now and go after Urban Meyer and bring him out of retirement. Throw the bank at him. I can't take another reboot with another long shot coach. If we lose out, I see a lot of players hitting the transfer portal, including Lagway who we can't lose.

10. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    I agree but talent gets your foot in the door Bobby . . . then you have to develop it for the next level. Seriously lacking there IMO.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. swampgator93

swampgator93 Recruit

Sep 1, 2023
    Treasure Island, Florida
    The penalties were atrocious. It seemed like every good play was negated by a penalty. 3 years into his tenure and Napier can't get this team to play a clean game. I'm sick of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. swampgator93

swampgator93 Recruit

Sep 1, 2023
    Treasure Island, Florida
    Wuerffel......sigh. I remember those days. The dude lit up the scoreboard every game.

13. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    By all accounts many of the players and their families really like Coach. Perfect match for an off the field family coordinator and life coach.

As to on the field and player development, well, that has been obviously missing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. swampgator93

swampgator93 Recruit

Sep 1, 2023
    Treasure Island, Florida
    We have zero chance against Kentucky. Zero.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Does BN regret not making Bateman DC? I think so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. swampgator93

swampgator93 Recruit

Sep 1, 2023
    Treasure Island, Florida
    I like Napier as a person and I really rooted for him, but he's in way over his head. His teams have broken just about every bad Gator record.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hill_Raiser

Hill_Raiser GC Legend

Oct 9, 2008
    Bama in the SEC championship game

that’s what double sucks. The guy who just stole his lunch money was on his staff the last 2 years and Billy let him walk.

18. swampgator93

swampgator93 Recruit

Sep 1, 2023
    Treasure Island, Florida
    Nothing Palmer ever did topped what Wuerfful did. The Wuerfful to Doering TD against Kentucky started the rise of the Gator dynasty and sadly, Urban Meyer's departure started the downfall. To make a political quote, we are a football program "in decline," serious decline.

19. igabradley

igabradley GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Chattahoochee
    Moss got his ass in hot water right after he got to fsu. I don't remember exactly what maybe tested positive for pot and the fsu president made Bobby cut ties. That's when he went to Marshall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    An odd out of left field post...did someone say he did?