Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post Game Press Conf - UT

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by willymayshayes, Oct 12, 2024.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    He throws an uppercut when he should jab and doesn’t even know what a feint is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008

It's like Nascar and that painting of Kramer. It's so odious and detestable, but we can't turn away. 3.5 million for a night game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    Remember the Arky FG fiasco last year? "One guy is supposed to lead the team onto the field." That's blaming the players. "We've got to execute better." That's blaming the players. "The injured player stayed on the field." That's blaming the players.

The guy pays lip service to being accountable. But when pinned down, it's NEVER actually his fault. That's the reason why I want him gone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Sorry. Here is the transcript from his post game. Billy couldnt have praised the players any more than he did. I think if a player fails to run off than that is a player issue.

I also think its an systemic issue that it keeps happening. But I dont see his statement as a blame of players as much as a technical answer to the specific question of the specific play.

Billy loves those dudes and they seem to love him.

The issue is the questions are soft.

Someone needs to ask why it KEEPS happening. That question would demand a broader answer.

The problem isnt Billy's answer. The problem is the soft question.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    Sure, that's it. Darn those soft questions.

And Billy loves those dudes alright.....right up until his inability to manage his team during the most critical parts of the game gets exposed in front of God and everybody. Again.

Then he has no problem telling the world how the player(s) screwed up - as if making sure the right number of players are on the field isn't in his job description.

6. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Lol. If there wasn't love between him and those dudes on the field, they wouldnt still be fighting so hard.

Billy is over his head, but lets stop painting him as anything worse than that.

He isnt an SEC coach. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Did you not here him spend like 80% of his presser praising the players?

And yes. Gators media asks softball questions that wouldnt hurt a newborn if you nailed him in the head.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 7:45 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Sometimes people find it hard to separate the coach from the man, and I do my best not to cross that line. He seems like a good man, it's just a shame he's NOT a competent SEC head football coach.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 5:46 PM
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    This paragraph above, from another thread in this forum, makes a strong case that BN wasn't accurate when he said the penalty had anything to do with an injured player.

I'll just disagree with the character defense.