Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post-Game Discussion: FLORIDA vs Georgia

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Oct 29, 2022.

1. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Bad - you predicting that? Let's revisit every game from here on out.

2. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    That won't change any minds. The facts won't change a single one of their minds. They will say something crazy like "you're comparing Napier to Kirby Smart who won a national championship" and not even have a clue how it indicts their entire argument. You can explain the cognitive dissonance directly to them and they still won't get it. We'll just have to live with the chirping.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Or put the chirpers on ignore lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    One good offensive lineman? Pure crap.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Not sure what to say about this. True, we don't run a full blown modern route tree. But this is year one and we don't know why this is and how it relates to teaching and executing in a transition year. Some folks are saying the run game is great so that means Napier sucks in passing schemes. Holy chit can we just see how this plays out this year? Does anyone notice that the players that Napier brought with him or selected seem to be the best players on the field?

Dean and Burney made plays this game that I haven't seen them make all year. This team is getting better. Give the coaches a chance.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  6. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    AR is a superhuman physical freak. He's been getting by on that for his entire football playing life - from pee wee to now. Napier is trying to teach him to be something more. He could pull down the ball and run out of the pocket every play and we'd be doing alright or better. He is that good. I'm amazed that others want to take him out. He will be a superstar if he plays for us next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Too bad the UGA fans didn't chase him off like a bunch of our fans want to do to Napier.

I think Napier is better than Kirby. In his first year, we've had some hick-ups because of NIL and slime in Miami, but this staff is kicking ass and taking names with recruiting in their FIRST YEAR! Give him a few years and we'll be back and they'll be no talent advantage on the field for bowlcut. I like our chances with equal talent to Kirby's.

If I'm wrong, we'll suck for the next 5 years at least. Why don't we give Napier the 3 year test before we start questioning his judgement.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    It's year one. What was Meyer's record in year 1? Google is your friend so I assume you have or you'll look that up.

Also, should we compare what talent level Meyer got in transition from Zook to talent level from Mullen to Napier? Should we compare the relative strength of the opposition? Give Napier a chance. This isn't as cut and dried and many seem to think. At some level, it matters what our passionate fanbase says or thinks. We are so ready to turn on our program. That is depressing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Game turned out how everyone expected it. UGA is on another level. Fans have to give Coach Napier some time to get his recruiting classes in, you can't eliminate the losing culture of a program in just one season and he's still weeding out the guys who can play from the ones who can't.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Saying AR shows a "shocking lack of awareness at times" is spot on IMO. I just don't think he has the instincts to be an NFL QB, or even a top tier SEC QB, as can be seen by his stats in most categories. Hopefully he continues improving, He has flashes of brilliance, but he also has some head scratching plays at times. For our team, he doesn't seem to be a "willing" runner anymore.
    People like to go back to Trask and talk about how he rode the bench until Franks got hurt. Don't forget, Trask had a foot injury which sidelined him for quite a while. He may have beaten Franks out earlier had he not gotten hurt. Maybe our current situation with Miller is similar to what happened with Trask. Miller could be the next Burrows, we just don't know yet.

I went into the game day thread and couldn't believe how many posters where disparaging and berating our team. Crying, yelling, and banging ones head against the wall isn't going to close the gap that exists between us and top tier teams. It seems to me that our team is still playing hard, and is still cohesive. I believe the approach CBN has taken is the only way for us to get back to where we want to be. It's going to take time and be somewhat painful. Our team and coaches need everyone's support at this time. Hopefully we finish strong this year and improve our roster in the offseason.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Wait till next, next year!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    IMO, it's not next year, but maybe 2 or 3 years from now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigharold58

bigharold58 Freshman

Aug 6, 2007
    Excellent analysis on where we are right now!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Hey, I included an extra next...:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    I’m disappointed when we lose and losing to Georgia always Brings some extra pain. But I saw effort and a willingness to play hard up to the final whistle from our guys yesterday and I appreciate that.
    To the many naysayers out there, I know that nothing I say can change your feelings but, you all should remember we were playing a very good and talented team yesterday. Georgia is the defending NC and last time I looked undefeated and #1 in country. You can’t have your way with a team like that just because you want to.
    We have a realistic chance to win the rest of our games this season and get a respectable bowl game. That’s what I’m pulling for.
    And BTW, our defense showed signs of life yesterday. We actually forced Georgia to use their punter and EARNED 3 turnovers. Go Gators. Beat that slimy Coach out in College Station next week and we will be on track.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    Spurrier didn’t have an OC OR a quarterback coach.

17. gator10

gator10 GC Legend

Nov 23, 2015
    I agree with this. I wasn’t too crazy about how Billy fawned over Kirby smart in the pregame. You must have a level of hate for your opponents and want to beat them more than anything a la Meyer and spurrier. Hopefully, CBN develops this…maybe a few more butt whippings will do it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Pnick81

Pnick81 All American

Feb 1, 2015
    Arguably the two best coaches in college, Saban and Smart, aren’t winning many games with the current talent on this team.

20. gatorade

gatorade All American

Oct 21, 2014
    No one is turning on anything so relax. These are observations. Just stop with the Kirby/Saban/Meyer first year record comparison. Hell, throw Heupel in there as well. Regardless how you want to color it, this is a win "sooner rather than later" league.
    I am not throwing our coach under the bus quite yet. That said the team that we have right now is not competitive. Reality is we will likely finish sub .500 this year. How is that turning on program?