Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post-Game Discussion: Florida at Utah

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Aug 31, 2023.

1. DomiGator

DomiGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    That could easily happen, 40+ to teens is a real possibility

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    5 - 7, with losses to UT, UGA and FSU with any of them being lopsided scores and who knows? What if our top recruits starts bailing out?
    Listen, I know the revolving door of coaches is a huge negative, but unless he is able to hold onto recruits and agrees to hire an OC and ST's coach I don't see UF being relevant which 3 seasons of losing record, frankly we're not relevant now.
    Next years schedule won't be any easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Man!!!

Coach Prime and that emotion is contagious. It translates!!!

hope Billy is watching!!!!
    Can’t be Business Model Billy all the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. DomiGator

DomiGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    BN has a PLAN, and that plan doesn't involve watching other coaches

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    You watch Prime and the boys today?
    That emotion…it is contagious. You good with Business Model Billy runs? I heard when Billy was younger he showed emotion. I’m pretty sure you’ll disagree but I’ll never change. Emotion travels
    Emotion translates
    It’s contagious
    Dabo has it
    Nick has it
    Kids want to play for motivators.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    If this was year 1 with BN I might agree. If all, or even most, of the mistakes were like Wilson catching a punt inside the 5, I might agree. But the uniform penalty, offsides, clock management, and late defensive play calls just seem so poor at a base level.

I love what I hear Billy has done programmatically. BN deserves time but momentum works both ways. I have many non-Gator friends who watched that game and to a person commented on how mentally unprepared we seemed. They do not read the glowing stories of BN’s behind the scenes work, and in the end those stories only matter if they result in on the field.

Losing to Utah was no shame but the mental errors were. Urban would have self immolated after that game (not good, obviously), but it does seem that a sense of urgency and flexibility to solve these problems is needed. I sure hope BN is outraged by some of the self inflicted wounds and hope he can make the changes needed to make sure that we play far crisper football.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Billy has a detailed plan.
    None of the staff can read.

;)
    Go Gators

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  8. zman-1

zman-1 GC Legend

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    I would suggest let one go and hire an OC. CBN can go coach ST like Urban did.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Yes but did we all join after a 1st game loss to highlight and exasperate all that went wrong or did we join just to be a part of a great message board community and post and and debate in good faith? Now there are some long time, or at least regular posters on here who are objective and even critical to a point but often provide substance to a conversation, i respect their views, They didn't just make a new account just to say "oh no we suck again. UF is no place for a learn on the job coach" etc etc. That's just how it looks when you see a ton of brand new "recruit" accounts who joined after a sub par performance this opening weekend

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. easycoastgator

easycoastgator GC Legend

Dec 26, 2018
    We beat ourselves with a bunch of young players getting early experience. That is correctable.

I much prefer correctable problems to what I feared could happen: getting run out of the stadium by 30 by a better team. That was not the case.

Set down the sauce yall. Support your team, especially if you plan to attend some home games. Nothing will unravel a recruiting class faster than our fans booing our own team at home game 3

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. ThomasD89

ThomasD89 GC Legend

Oct 9, 2011
    I would like to think Napier is biding his time for the right hire, rather than the right now hire.

But i have zero evidence for or indication of this.

12. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Part of me sees the number of freshmen that played and I see tons of payoff in the future. Not exactly 2007 but same idea.

The bigger concern I have is once again the time out situation as well as complete lack of urgency especially in the last drive. I mean that was a recurring problem last year as well. I'm trying to be optimistic but the rigidity is becoming concerning.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. easycoastgator

easycoastgator GC Legend

Dec 26, 2018
    I don’t see the big issue with timeouts this game. I don’t have issue with CBN’s play calling either. Rigidity? Maybe… I do think he mixed it up quite a bit. Should we have hurried a bit more at the end? Yeah I was yelling at the TV… but… we needed two scores and didn’t even get one.

We’re going to be a better team than last year. Lots of positives from the game. Those are just masked by the mistakes we made.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Can’t lose forever but year two win loss record won’t play into his joc security. Now, losing games and getting blown out and players giving up is a whole different story. Watching the product develop and get better instead of falling apart like the last three coaches will be the deciding factor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It’s hard not to see that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    We have to be better next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    We aren’t going to boo anyone I hope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I like emotion but Dion won’t be getting me to watch ever unless he’s playing the gators.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    The penalties were tough to watch. I had a meltdown last year and I swore I would give it a few games this year.

Big roster turnover. Not very good in many phases. Hope it improves.

Not impressed w play calling. Silly penalties. Zero sense of urgency in the 4th. On and on. Heard how awesome all the young WR were. Same every year. Where are they? 200 yds a game rushing last yr I think I read. Where they? How many sacks? Back up QB. TE. What? 5 sacks to none? Heard all about our new D. We should never return a normal KO. On and on. Not mad. Just sayin.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ofmgator12

ofmgator12 Senior

Jul 23, 2022
    It's the Oline folks...plain and simple!

• Agree Agree x 1