Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post-Game Discussion: FLORIDA at Kentucky

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Sep 30, 2023.

1. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Tomorrow, Tomorrow, the sun will come out Tomorrow

2. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Some things about comparision with Urban and his utilization of Leak. Zook recruited very well and you're referring to year 2. Napier has talent on this team but they are not experienced - he was left with a depleted roster that had a losing season and poor morale. He's recruited very well except for the O line and I believe we have had a string of bad luck there. I think the SEC is stronger now than it was then.
    This is not oft mentioned but that douchebag UM booster was responsible for many of our misses in recruiting last year. Billy has done nicely navigating NIL, the portal and recruiting. He is spectacular in my opinion with recruiting and we would be in a different place if it wasn't for that Ruiz prick and the failure of the gator collective.
    But, I know I'm just pumping sunshine. Continue with the doom and gloom....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    I’m always amazed when fans think that first and second-year players should play like fourth and fifth-year players and blame the coaching staff for them not doing so.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Of Course. And every program is judged, pronounced guilty and hung after every loss, and on a weekly basis.

I am dazzled by the Experts here whom have all the answers, but always in retrospect, AFTER THE PLAY and after the game. Their brilliance outshines the sun in the middle of the Sahara.

Game day threads should be renamed Gator Hater time.

I don't blame the management here about the quality of posting on game day. A bunch of 2nd string HS wannabes that have all the answers. Read the KY thread, posters were building the gallows for Napier in the first quarter. Very few supporters, just a bunch of character assassins wanting to get their digs in.

What happened to "In all kinds of weather"?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Especially when it comes to the line of scrimmage.

6. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    I don't mind the crazy in the game thread, it's kind of entertainment for me. People kicking cats, some people just get emotional with this stuff for some reason. It's the countless moaning days after. It's okay to move on.

I have a son that plays college soccer. We always had a rule after his games growing up. 24 hrs to be frustrated or happy. After that move on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mikog8tor

Mikog8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2010
    to be fair the game was over in the 1st quarter.

8. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Thats resonable. Its not like I enjoy watching the Gators getting their butts kicked either. I just get a little frustrated on the game day threads because it gets INFESTED with fly by shooters you only see on game day threads when UF is stinking it up. Then of course it is disappointing to see regulars start the firing mantra as well.

I understand that we are at an all time high with trolls and social media haters. Part of the deal I guess.

But people spending 30 seconds typing a post about getting rid of a head coach seem to forget all the baggage associated with that not to mention the 10's of millions of lost money associated with the buy out.

Shane Matthews mentioned on his podcast that UF is ALREADY backlogged 36 million from payouts to Chump, Peanut Butter and no recruiting Dan.

I wonder what FSU and the Vols backlog is? I think theirs may be substantially higher.

9. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Thats easy to say after the game. UF HAS come back from first quarter deficits in the past.

10. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Just make fun of them like I do.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. believer

believer GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2007
    That’s just insane. There should be a clause that says if we’re gonna pay them they need to remain on staff as coordinators. Can you imagine chump as d coordinator, Mullen as o coordinator, and donkey as equipment manager?

I know in reality this would never work. It just sucks giving your money to someone because they didn’t do their job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

Yeah, I'm not sure who has banked the most coin, but Lane and Chump have made a damn good living out of "FAILURE". Wish I had a gig like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    Who is talking about Michigan's schedule this year? Who's on the ledge? I think you should re-read the post you decided to quote.

The only thing that post is relaying is that a "Harbaugh-style rebuild" is a myth because there was no lengthy rebuild for Harbaugh at Michigan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    I don't participate in game day threads. I watch the game and then move on.

I'm afraid those days are gone. NIL and the portal have destroyed it.

15. Mikog8tor

Mikog8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2010
    Under Billy?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. HankTheMightyGator

HankTheMightyGator GC Hall of Famer

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, even if it’s shining over nothing but a barren wasteland with roving bands of mutants terrorizing starving survivors trying to navigate a post-apocalyptic landscape devoid of all hope.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    So did Twitty, Tok Tok, and Instashame.

18. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Our offensive line and defensive line is not all young players.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Hi Hoyt, yeah I don't "follow" on the game day thread but I do check in before, at quarter breaks and half time.

Just don't like reading all of the "should have done this or that after a play".

20. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    That in the “What’s up with 3rd down” thread :)