Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post-Game Discussion: FLORIDA at Kentucky

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Sep 30, 2023.

1. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Who was the former gator that was talking about the TN and that the players lacked cohesiveness and the former guys were getting in to fire them up? A bit concerting if accurate. AA certainly seems to have energy. If you can’t get up for UT at home….

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. gatorich

gatorich GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pensacola, FL
    This ^
    Fully on board with Napier but yesterday was bad; really, really bad. Play calling was bad, defense was bad, heck punting was probably the bright spot. The team just looked flat and unmotivated, how the heck can you be unmotivated when this should have been a revenge game! We were soundly beaten on both sides of the ball, both lines were terrible! Embarrassing

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    The sun did come up this morning, and it’s going to be a glorious Sunday. :emoji_sunny: :alligator:

• Like Like x 1
  4. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    you left out badly coached.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    I don’t know, pretty dreary over on the East coast. No sun for days ;). I’m sure some will get pumped in

Go Gators

6. CadGator

CadGator All American

Nov 17, 2008
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    This is my rant:
    The Gators looked like scared grade schoolers playing a high school team yesterday afternoon.
    We were physically manhandled by a better team. Better coached and better prepared to play.
    It's those things that bother me the most.
    Also, maybe the Gator coaching staff needs to teach the players the rules as the "trying to jump the shield" penalty was probably the most devastating blow of the game. I'm pretty sure we still lose but that was the play that made it ugly. 75 yards up the gut the very next play.
    Couldn't block or tackle the whole game.
    They punished us!!!!!
    Can't see us winning any road games this year.

We are supposed to trust the process and being a Gator fan the last decade has been painful.
    The waiting and hoping things will get better is getting old.

It's not the wins so much as seeing effort which I didn't see in Utah or yesterday.

When SOS came it was like the sun broke through the clouds seeing how they were pretty much always ready to play. Knowing we would at least get their best effort. Losing to a better team that way is at least tolerable. What we saw yesterday is NOT tolerable.

This team needs some toughness and some character.

I could go on and on cause I'm ranting..................

Holding on the first series after we convert on 3rd and 18, then the penalty on the punt. It's almost like we find creative ways to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Was gonna get tickets for next week and now I don't want to go.

My Rant!!!

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  7. gatorich

gatorich GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pensacola, FL
    Georgia recruits hit the lottery with Smart, let’s not kid ourselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    do you know who the play caller is if we really have one.

9. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    No it won't with Napier as the HC.

10. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Coffee was good this morning. Gotta cut some grass though. I’ll be glad when that stops.

• Like Like x 1
  11. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    This assessment seems to be the consensus, and I get it! How could we play Tennessee well in the first half and not perform that well in Lexington? Were the prognosticators right about a three to four win season? What did I miss? Were my expectations too high? (Rhetorical ?)

12. Crikey

Crikey GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2011
    I don’t even see a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel.

The referees did us a favor, giving us something to gripe about instead of our terrible performance.

Colorado hangs in there with USC, while our superior talent has us saying, “oh, this again” against… Kentucky.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mikog8tor

Mikog8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2010
    What are the chances Billy looks in the mirror as he said and hands over play calling to someone else on staff so he can focus on the bigger picture stuff?

we know we are at best 7-5 so why not make the change now and see if maybe that person could be the 24 play caller?

Just try something!

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. ThomasD89

ThomasD89 GC Legend

Oct 9, 2011
    You cannot "force" the hand of a head coach. Well, not and still continue to call him the head coach, because at that moment he knows he is no longer the head coach.

Beyond that your issue is that you see 'conspiracy' when what it really is is simply the way things work these days.

Napier got a ton of money because anyone who came here would have likewise received a ton of money.

Any agent worth his 10% knows that a hefty buyout takes some of the weight off the AD. Yes, in effect "buying" him time for things to play out. And yes that is a pretty good arrangement for anyone who is an AD to be able to use other people's money to buy himself (at least some) job security (at least until it doesn't and then it costs him his job.) It is a sweetheart deal all around. And everyone part of the overall game is in on that particular game.

So, not so much any sort of behind the scenes conspiracy - especially not when you can see it happening all over the place - so much as it is the inevitable outcome based upon the identifiable forces at play. With one of the major forces being the massive amounts of money sloshing around.

Edit: Is it corruption? Of course it is corruption, and it is the worst sort of corruption - the sort that happens in plain sight and is tolerated by all.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Yup. Same. Got my coffee high. Grass is too wet to cut even if it stops raining. Gonna take the dog to the dog park/bar and have a couple drinks.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. partdopy

partdopy GC Hall of Fame

Feb 1, 2012
    Surprising attitude from a bunch of free agents looking to get paid by old boosters or get traded (sorry transfer portal) to another team that will pay. Who would have thought

19. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    If our players are unmotivated because they’re “getting bag”, how is it that Prime’s boys are playing so hard for him ?

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. ThomasD89

ThomasD89 GC Legend

Oct 9, 2011
    Zero chance this season. Might bring somebody in during the off season, but I would expect that person to mostly be limited to implementing Napier's "vision" so do not expect anyone who is going to light things up.

Napier is either going to succeed "his way" or be let go after several seasons of low mediocrity (It might get radioactive hot, but buckle up, he is going to get a pass for next season because strength of schedule.) And it will not be from a lack of offense. Frankly, be happy if we never get a flashy offense - that could easily paper over the other stuff that is really killing the team.

No, it is all the other stuff that will either get corrected or doom the team. Heck, if he gets most of it cleaned up by next season we might even look pretty good. We are talented but extremely young. The potential is there.