Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post-Game Discussion: FLORIDA at Kentucky

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Sep 30, 2023.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    After watching ND-Duke I return to witness a Great Triggering.

2. audiogatorjim

audiogatorjim GC Hall of Fame

Mar 15, 2009
    We are getting teared of loosing. It’s in every bodies plane site. We must not sphere but band all as one into a conhesive group to maintane our sovereignty.
    (It’s a good time to be silly!)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    “Trust the process” aka don’t question me.

Huge, ridiculous buyout pretty much guaranteeing 4-5 years of employment.

An AD who knows this hire cannot fail or I’m out.

I can connect these dots. I just don’t like the picture they make.

4. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    You’re doing great!

5. gatorbreeder

gatorbreeder All American

Jun 23, 2023
    A couple of coaches ago I recommended Craig Bohl on other now defunct Gator forums. While he isn't the sexiest hire, I think the coach of NDSU fame would have built a program. I do not think his offensive philosophy would have went over well even if we won a lot of games. This name I'm about to drop may shock you all more than that(I'm sure the ridicule is inbound). There is a former Gator QB of note that is killing it at every level he has coached. His offenses are always near the top in yards and PPG. His style of offense is similar to that of SOS and none of the big programs will look his way. That coach would be Kerwin Bell who is the first Gator QB of my memories as a fan. If Nape doesn't make drastic changes this time around I would personally love to see him brought in as the Head Ball Coach. I'd even be happy if Napes would bring him in as his OC next year. Here's to bringing Kerwin home in one way or another and being successful once again. I think he is the offensive mind this school desperately needs and he will care a lot more than a hot shot hired gun.

Rant over, I must now attempt to breed another child with orange hair and blue eyes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    @TJtheGator, pull yourself together our friend. No need to join Heaven's Gate and eat the applesauce quite yet. Horrible outing today but let this play out.

7. sqgator

sqgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. gatorbreeder

gatorbreeder All American

Jun 23, 2023
    Looks like he cleaned up his original post a good bit, but, missed the faze mistake. Or did he mean that all phases of the game disturbed our fan base? It may be a double entendre that went right over everyone's head. o_O

9. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    I want Napier to succeed badly. I just can’t see that happening.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    Well, you and I are not going to change what's happening so you might as well just resign yourself to wait and see. In the meantime, you'll find better places to vent. This isn't the audience for it. And I don't say that to run you off because I am personally not bothered by negativity but this place has a pretty low threshold for it relative to other options so your experience may not be the best. Do what you want but that's my advice.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    I think you have to go back before the Spurrier years to have a new coach look this bad

• Like Like x 1
  12. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    I don’t think Napier is saying don’t question me. That’s not his nature. He is supremely confident that the process will produce the results we want. Not the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Sounds like players have already started to check out, not even halfway through the season smh

14. raptor_pilot

raptor_pilot Freshman

Time to start benching people that have.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    There are so many glaring issues with this poorly coached team but another may be is BN too lenient, too nice, too tolerant, too analytical, too laid back, that he fails to inspire? More times than not this team looks flat, uninspired and emotionless especially when on the road. Has this team taken on the persona of the HC? The team plays soft and often gets pushed around.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    If he doesn’t hold onto this class, he will have to resort to bringing in players from the portal.

They’ll be more experienced and won’t be making freshman mistakes like our current crop of freshmen and sophomores are doing.

May not be so bad after all.

17. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    These comments aren't phasing me at all.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    The argument about building using the transfer portal vice relying on high school recruiting seems to be leaning towards the former. Those teams that rely on portal (FSU, LSU, UK) versus those that chose not to (Clemson, UF) kinda prove the value in getting portal talent. I know this is a simplistic argument with no data to back it up but... just look at the games.

19. 19gator

19gator Recruit

Sep 24, 2023
    Well we've got 2 easier teams in weeks 6 & 7. After that the schedule is a lot tougher. If we lose to vandy or the gamecocks who are not doing so well, that would be a very bad look. Honestly idk if we should expect to win anything past that, given what we've seen so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    The Force is strong in this one...

• Funny Funny x 1