Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post Debate Biden

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by cron78, Jul 1, 2024.

1. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Because while Trump himself did his typical and predictable nonsense, Biden was so incoherent and feeble sounding (sick or not) that one couldn’t help but he shocked by it. He had almost zero pushback. Now clearly his “energy” was fine for the stuff he’s done later. But with him still yet to do anything off script, you have to wonder.

Between to two of them, that had to be the worst Presidential debate by some margin. Shamefull really, and sad to say Biden was worst of all. Trumps responses to almost every question “My administration was the bestest ever at handling XYZ. Yours is the worstest ever”. Biden appeared lost in the weeds trying to recall numbers, and what came out was word salad. Honestly, he would have looked less bad going more forcefully with “Nu uhh, my administration is the bestest in ever. It was yours that was the worstest ever!”.

I’m not sure there was a single thing that was actually debated. A debate is supposed to be looking at an issue, candidates proposing solutions and discussing the pros and cons of each persons ideas. Fundamentally that’s what is supposed to be happening, even if alot of it we know is well rehearsed party-line talking points. I don’t think that legitimately happened a single time here. Unfortunately that type of performance cedes Trump the W (not unlike how he “owned” the Republican primary challenges in ‘16 with petty insults).

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024