Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Poll: Will Biden be the nominee in November?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Bazza, Jul 5, 2024.

Will Biden be the nominee in November?

Poll closed Jul 19, 2024.
  1. Yes

51.5%
  2. No

48.5%
  1. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    If Biden's current mental state precludes him from serving another term as potus .... logically, does it not render him incapable of serving as potus, today, and pursuant to the 25th amendment, he should be removed from office. If that is not done ... doesn't that fall back on Harris? How does that play out as regards her fitness (which is already in question) to serve as potus?

2. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I want NO but voted YES.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    It doesn't "preclude him" he's just not going to get the votes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Permit me to translate for you: y'all suck so fiercely and are such radioactive skank, that we prefer the anti "y'all" (Trump), warts and all, to your skank, disgusting, big brother, cradle to grave government vision, spend spend spend policies, tax tax tax the productive/private sector to support your top down government mentality (i.e.--govmt at top, ppl at bottom), your corrupt manipulation of the justice system for your own party's benefit, your desire to subjugate US interests to foreign/globalist interests and to bow down to foreign powers, y'all's disdain for God, on and on...

You could run Taylor Swift, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Cruise, ScarJo, and 10 other of the most popular Americans you could muster....ain't nuth'n but lipstick on a pig.

We do not want your brand of governance that amounts to government > the ppl.

We never will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    I'm starting to sound like a broken record at this point. You guys need to stop falling for the headlines. Joe Biden is not going anywhere and will be on the ballot come November.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. gatordadx2

gatordadx2 Premium Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Only transferable to Harris

7. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Where is this supposed grassroots pushback?

I’ve seen a fair number of people saying they’d vote for an animatronic made of Joe Biden’s dead body over Trump, but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone other than Biden campaign surrogates suggesting that they want or need him as the nominee (that and the one pollster’s reported comments on a Democratic super PAC strategy call that a comatose Joe Biden is more appealing to swing voters than Kamala Harris).

9. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    And yet the Republican presidential candidate keeps losing the popular vote. It seems the people say otherwise. Rs have won the popular vote only 1 time since 1990 (1 and 7 is not a great record). Your opinion doesn’t jive with electoral facts. Probably just jive then.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  10. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Well, can't fix stupid.

By 'we', I can only speak for me and like minded skeptics of omnipotent government.

The fact that we have more suckers than informed and educated, is hardly new--it was long anticipated by the FF's, which is why we are a federal democratic republic, and not a democracy. Many a ppl have fallen for the ruse of benevolent omnipotent government. But it's always a lie.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely." Every. single. time.

11. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I see a good bit of it out in the twitterverse. Maybe by R bots - i have no idea.
    Yep, I don’t think she is an electable option. Seems to lack the likeability most sucessful candidates have.

12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Biden camp putting pressure on Congress. Not good, they aren't reading the room at all and are doubling down. His handlers and family posse are just trying to save their own jobs/perks right now

He is stating that he really believes he won a fair and open democratic primary and he owes it to the voters who selected him...smdh

Biden sends defiant letter to Democrats, says time to end questions, come together (msn.com)

In a lengthy letter to Democrats, President Joe Biden on Monday says it is time for the party to come together so it can have the best chance at beating Donald Trump.

"The question of how to move forward has been well-aired for over a week now. And it's time for it to end," Biden says. "We have one job. And that is to beat Donald Trump. We have 42 days to the Democratic Convention and 119 days to the general election. Any weakening of resolve or lack of clarity about the task ahead only helps Trump and hurts us. It is time to come together, move forward as a unified party, and defeat Donald Trump."
    Striking a defiant tone, he says, "We had a Democratic nomination process and the voters have spoken clearly and decisively. I received over 14 million votes, 87% of the votes cast across the entire nominating process. I have nearly 3,900 delegates, making me the presumptive nominee of our party by a wide margin. This was a process open to anyone who wanted to run. Only three people chose to challenge me," he says. "The voters of the Democratic Party have voted. They have chosen me to be the nominee of the party. Do we now just say this process didn't matter? That the voters don't have a say?"

Biden adds, "I decline to do that. I feel a deep obligation to the faith and the trust the voters of the Democratic Party have placed in me to run this year. It was their decision to make. Not the press, not the pundits, not the big donors, not any selected group of individuals, no matter how well intentioned. The voters - and the voters alone - decide the nominee of the Democratic Party.vHow can we stand for democracy in our nation if we ignore it in our own party? I cannot do that. I will not do that."

Last edited: Jul 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    insurrection.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Delusion won’t change the results.

16. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    [​IMG]

17. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I think it is because Biden is forced to continue to plea with his own constituents that he is able and fit to be President, but the noise won’t die down, that he will ultimately have no choice but to step down. At some point, with the noise increasing every day, he will realize — and more importantly the DNC will come to agree — that Biden is causing more harm than good, that he is in fact the polar opposite of the savior he envisions himself to be, and he will step down.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    He didnt become President by bowing to the pressure of doubters, however, this is less about his ability to win and whether he has the mental capacity to do the job. People never leave at the top of their game... they just think they can still do it. We will see how he reacts to a broad no confidence finding, if that is what happens. Not sure I could honestly say he is fit to do it even if he wins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Come back when you learn to spell. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1