Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Police Coverups, Conspiracies, and Cost to Taxpayers

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ValdostaGatorFan, May 17, 2023.

1. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    With 23 of the last 26 posts on this thread do you really think anybody else gives a shit?

2. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    If they did, you could eat it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I give a shit. I looked at several of these vids.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Haha, open up.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    This is the part that totally blows my mind. When I first saw the story I thought these were people disposed of decades ago. This is just in the last 8 years. How are they ending up with so many people they can't identify in the modern age?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    What's especially sad is that the family of the man that WGB mentioned wasn't notified even though he was hit by police car and killed and the deceased had ID on him, they just never bothered to notify the family.

AND

They are charging the families to return the bodies.

Reports say many weren't embalmed or buried in a casket. They also say that buzzards circle the cemetery and it smells. Freakin yikes.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Aurora Police back in the news.. after shelling out $15,000,000 to the parents of deceased Elijah McClain, who was not suspected of a crime, for choking and injecting him with Ketamine, Aurora is again paying victims of their police department.

[​IMG]

City agrees $1.9m settlement with Black family held at gunpoint by police

The four Black girls lay facedown in a parking lot, crying “no” and “mommy” as a police officer who had pointed her gun at them then bent down to handcuff two of their wrists. The youngest wore a pink tiara as she held on to her teenage cousin’s hand.

The six-year-old Lovely watched as her mother, Brittney Gilliam, was led to a patrol car in handcuffs after she shouted in frustration at the police, who mistakenly believed the car Gilliam was driving was stolen.

An investigation by prosecutors found no evidence the officers committed any crimes, in part because they found they were following their training for conducting a high-risk stop of what they suspected was a stolen vehicle. However, they said the case was “unacceptable and preventable” and urged police to review their policies to ensure nothing like it happens again.

One of the officers who stopped the car, Darian Dasko, was suspended for 160 hours. He and the other officer, Madisen Moen, still work for the department.

Video:

TL/DR: Cops pull black family out of a vehicle at gun point. They handcuffed a 12 year old. They tried to cuff a 6 year old but her hands were too small so they handcuffed the 6 year old to the 12 year old as they lay face down on hot pavement in August. They were ultimately detained for 2 hours for the crime or having a license plate that matched a motorcycle plate, from a different sate, that was reported stolen.

8. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Also Aurora Police:

Colorado Department of Law finds pattern and practice of racially biased policing, use of excessive force by Aurora Police

Sept. 15, 2021 (DENVER)—Attorney General Phil Weiser today announced that a Colorado Department of Law investigation team found that the Aurora Police Department has a pattern and practice of violating state and federal law through racially biased policing, using excessive force, and failing to record legally required information when interacting with the community. The investigation team also found Aurora Fire had a pattern and practice of administering ketamine in violation of the law.

The report released today demonstrates a consistent pattern of illegal behavior by Aurora Police, which can be witnessed at many levels of the department. Aurora does not create and oversee appropriate expectations for responsible behavior, which leads to the use of excessive force and the violation of the civil rights of its residents.

Investigators found that Aurora Police have used force against people of color almost 2.5 times more than whites based on their relative percentage of the population. According to the Force Review Board’s annual use-of-force reports, nearly half of the individuals whom Aurora Police used force against were Black, even though Black residents make up about 15% of the population in Aurora.

The investigation also found that Aurora Police disproportionately interacted with and arrested non-white community members. For instance, Aurora Police arrested people of color 1.3 times more than whites based on population percentage alone. That multiplier was even greater for Black community members, who were arrested over 2 times more than whites.

‐---‐-------------------------

Aurora Cops shoot man in belly button with metal filled bean bag from near point blank range which traveled inside him and lodged in his hip. He had to be revived after losing his pulse.

Video:

Aurora cops cover up DUI of Aurora cop. Cop was passed out in uniform, in a patrol car, in traffic. Still on duty.

Video:

Aurora Officer pistol whips a man 13 times. Victim not charged with a crime.

Video:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Aurora Officer slams handcuffed man face first into a hospital floor. It took 5 months for the PD to review the footage.

Video:

In Aurora, you can be convicted of domestic violence, still be a cop (banned from possessing a weapon), still keep your job, get 3 rasies and make 6 figures.

Video:

Aurora cop beats 49 year old disabled woman. The cop was already on administrative leave.

Video:

$285,000 settlement for beating someone over a noise complaint.

Video:

Again, this is the same PD that likes to joke and take selfies about killing innocent people.

[​IMG]

10. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    I wasn't going to post it, but I'm glad someone did. The rolling on the ground saying I'm hit and whatnot is something else. For those that don't click the link, he was shooting at a police car that had a handcuffed man inside.

This is in the headlines a week after a cops shot up a car after it backfired. I don't know much about it, but seems a lot more plausible than a cop faking injury after hearing an acron drop..

Man shot by Columbus police after car backfires during traffic stop, GBI says - Featured, Muscogee County News

12. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Maybe I'm giving him way too much "credit" (though that word doesn't seem to fit). He sounded terrified, and with his adrenaline going, he may have actually believed he'd been hit. The fact that he had to resign in embarrassment doesn't make his mistake less egregious but makes me think he was genuinely scared and confused.

13. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007

I think the reaction was excessive. Since no one was hurt other than the police car, it was actually kind of funny. The action movie power roll made me laugh. I think saying that stuff was the only way to save his job. Dude should be nowhere close to being a cop.

14. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Yeah he did. But that begs the question, if he had not resigned, would he have been allowed to still be a cop?

“We are very thankful Mr. Jackson wasn’t injured and we have no reason to think former Deputy Hernandez acted with any malice. Though his actions were ultimately not warranted, we do believe he felt his life was in immediate peril and his response was based off the totality of circumstances surrounding this fear,” Aden wrote. “Just as we have an obligation to protect our officers so they can go home safely to their families, law enforcement has the same obligation to any citizen being investigated for a crime.”

Some people shouldn't be cops. This guy probably shouldn't be, but IMO, if he hadn't resigned, he'd be back on the streets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Just finished the latest American Scandal podcast from Wondery. 4 part series documenting the corruption of the Baltimore PD and how the FBI spent 18 months to finally take down the highly decorated, yet highly notorious Handgun Task Force. These 7 spent more time robbing criminals and random blacks who were guilty of nothing other than being black with impunity.

Good podcast.

16. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    They resign rather than being fired as it makes it much easier to get the next cop job.

17. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    We know you don't.

18. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Just look at his post history on this thread, it is like ValdastaGatorFans own personal thread. A bunch of his posts just sit there until he brings the thread bttt. It's almost like he is talking to himself.

19. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    It's obviously important to him. Somebody should be bringing more attention to this issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    For sure. Many departments, so I've heard, will end the investigation because there's no point in wasting resources completing an investigation on an officer no longer employed by the dept. These are known as gyspy cops.