Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Police Coverups, Conspiracies, and Cost to Taxpayers

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ValdostaGatorFan, May 17, 2023.

1. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    And this isn't even a bash all cops thread. I don't see how anyone would have an issue highlighting how cops wrote thousands of fake tickets to skew the numbers so it doesn't look like they target minorities, put guns in people's mouths, put hidden cameras in locker rooms and other cops destroy the evidence, entire departments obstructing search warrants for their boss, handcuff naked ladies and leave them in cuffs after they realize that they are at the wrong house, destroy evidence, suppress exculpatory evidence, retaliate, maliciously prosecute, keep brady list officers employed despite multiple transgressions, put people in deep freezers and then try to thaw the corpse, police for profit, lie on avadavats, lock up juveniles in a kickback scheme, beat and tase disabled adults, turn off bodycams, needlessly redact body cam audio, charge rediculous fee's to get bodycam footage, hire officers that have been fired 7 times previously, try to shut down investigations into police gangs, etc etc etc etc

Or.. we can ignore this stuff that happens everyday and then pretend like there aren't any issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    We know that all cops aren’t bad, but there are enough of them acting badly that they need to be exposed and brought to light. Don’t let the “Why do you hate the police, bro?” cop boot lickers gaslight you or make you feel bad.

3. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    *just noticing thread*

Oh, so there are conspiracies ?

4. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA

[​IMG]

Michael L. Hill, 51, of East St. Louis was charged Tuesday night with second-degree kidnapping, according to jail records. He was being held on a $100,000 cash-only bond.

It's the second arrest in the case since Samuel Davis, 26, was arrested in North Carolina Monday and charged with first-degree assault, armed criminal action and kidnapping. Police said Davis beat a man he arrested at Walgreens in Northwoods, breaking his jaw and leaving him bloodied in a Kinloch field, according to court documents.

Police said when the man was in the back of Davis' patrol car after they arrested him, Hill went back into the store and made an "incriminating statement" to an employee about what would happen to the victim.

Hill was Davis' supervising officer, according to St. Louis County police.

Second Northwoods officer arrested in brutality investigation | ksdk.com

-----------------------

So, a cop and his boss kidnap a guy in a car, one goes inside to tell an employee that they are about beat the shit out of the guy, turn off the body cameras, don't tell dispatch that they have a man in custody, they go to a field, and then do exactly what they said they would.. beat the shit out of a guy. They leave the man in the field, bloodied and bruised, with a broken jaw.

A premeditated, brutal beating by a supervisor cop and his subordinate with no body cam footage, police report, or dispatch audio.

From your original link, after the first officer that was arrested, the department had 13 officers. A small department, with at least two shitty cops. If you had encountered police in that town, there's a decent chance it would have been one of these two scumbags.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Not surprised…usually corrupt thuggish cops learn their behavior from their superiors. Glad these 2 thugs are locked up, if there are any more in the department (which I’m sure there are) they need to be dealt with too. I’m curious to know how many citizens of that town have been subject to this brutality by cops in the department.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The police in NYC were brutal, and their behavior was validated politically, but came at a price

NEW YORK — New York City has agreed to pay more than $13 million to settle a civil rights lawsuit brought on behalf of roughly 1,300 people who were arrested or beaten by police during racial injustice demonstrations that swept through the city during the summer of 2020.

If approved by a judge, the settlement, which was filed in Manhattan federal court Wednesday, would be among the most expensive payouts ever awarded in a lawsuit over mass arrests, experts said.

The lawsuit focused on 18 of the many protests that erupted in New York City in the week following the killing of George Floyd by a police officer in Minneapolis. With certain exceptions, people arrested or subjected to force by NYPD officers at those events will each be eligible for $9,950 in compensation, according to attorneys for the plaintiffs.

The agreement, one of several stemming from the 2020 Black Lives Matter protests, allows the city to avoid a trial that could be both expensive and politically fraught.

New York City agrees to pay $13M to 2020 racial injustice protesters
    New York City agrees to pay $13M to 2020 racial injustice protesters - Tampa Bay Times

For more great content like this subscribe to the Tampa Bay Times app here:

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Columbus Co, NC

Racist Sheriff is racist towards his own black officers. Resigns, re-elected, resigns again. There's a lot to unpack here. Watching the news clip is probably the fastest way to digest all of it.

(Video)

Columbus County’s embattled sheriff has resigned yet again, just moments after the start of a second court hearing to remove him from office.

Prompted by those recordings, David in early October convinced a judge to suspend Greene from office. The district attorney prepared a petition seeking to have the sheriff removed from office but dropped that effort after Greene resigned the first time later that month.

But the allegations did little to slow Greene’s 2022 re-election to the post — a race he won by 54%, despite the recordings and mounting accusations of corruption and misconduct.

Shortly after Greene was sworn in last month for a second term, David resumed his efforts to get the sheriff removed and disqualified, citing multiple allegations of intimidation, abuse of authority, racial discrimination and an inappropriate sexual relationship with a detective.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article270702722.html

‐‐------------

COLUMBUS COUNTY, N.C. (WECT) - On one end of the phone was Columbus County Sheriff Jody Greene. On the other was then-Captain Jason Soles, who had just been tapped to lead the Sheriff’s Office while elections officials investigated a complaint questioning whether Greene was eligible to serve as sheriff.

Greene wanted to know who in the department had communicated with Lewis Hatcher, the former sheriff whom Greene had narrowly defeated in the election, and Melvin Campbell, a recently-fired sergeant, both of whom are African American. In Greene’s words, they had a “snitch” in the office, leaking information to his political opponent who had sued to be reinstated until the election protests were resolved.

The call between Greene and Soles took place about two months into what was a tumultuous start to Greene’s career as sheriff. Greene beat Hatcher in the 2018 election by just 34 votes, at a time when election fraud in this rural part of North Carolina was making national headlines. The results were protested, in part over concerns Greene did not actually live in Columbus County as required by state law. He’d also been improperly sworn in before the state certified the election results.

Soles’ “promotion” to acting sheriff was the result of a court-mediated agreement between Greene and Hatcher, while elections officials worked to determine who was the rightful sheriff. Greene wanted his chief deputy, Aaron Herring, to serve as interim sheriff. But Herring was not an acceptable alternative to Hatcher and his supporters, in part because of Herring’s reputation in Columbus County’s African American community. Herring was arrested in 2015, charged with punching a handcuffed Black man in the face while serving as a Whiteville Police officer. He was later found not guilty, but that did little to quell concerns in some parts of the community about his treatment of African Americans.

Sheriff: “I’m sick of these Black bastards.... Every Black that I know, you need to fire him...”

--‐------

A North Carolina sheriff who resigned in late October following revelations he made racist remarks about Black employees will get his job back after voters re-elected him on Tuesday.

“I’m sick of these Black bastards – I’m gonna clean house and be done with it,”
    Greene said, according to a call transcript cited in the documents from David’s office. “They’re gone. I’m telling you.”

Greene called those he suspected of getting him in trouble “stupid” and expressed a willingness to “fire every mother%&#* out there” if necessary.

" I hate a Black f***ing Democrat."

North Carolina sheriff who quit after racist remarks gets re-elected within weeks

‐‐----------

A lot to unpack. Alleged election fraud, racist comments recorded, misconduct, and despite the racist recordings, he was re-elected.

I think the "Don't tread on me" crowd interprets it as "Tread on everyone but me"...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  9. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA

Yuba City, CA
    July 2023
    ---

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$20,000,000 Settlement awarded in July of 2023

Cops paralyze another man.

“Stand up, c’mon, you’re a man, be a man,”

"Mr. Gross, we are done with your silly little games"

“Put on your big boy pants, you want to act like a man,”

According to Appeal archives, on April 12, 2020, Gross was being arrested under suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. During the arrest, Yuba City Police Officer Joshua Jackson threw Gross' face first to the ground, breaking his neck and paralyzing him while his hands were handcuffed behind his back, Gross' attorney Moseley Collins said.

Police body camera footage obtained by Collins shows Gross being taken to the ground by Jackson, a maneuver Jackson referred to as "pain compliance." According to Collins, Gross followed all of the officer's orders at the time of the arrest. "It will continue to hurt if you don't shut up and listen," Jackson said in the footage.

Gross was diagnosed with quadriplegia the night of the incident and required two spine fusion surgeries at University of California, Davis Medical Center, Collins said during a press conference on Tuesday.

"For the rest of his life, he needs daily care. He needs medical care. He needs nursing care, and the care he needs is going to cost millions and millions of dollars," Collins said on Tuesday.

'We're just against police brutality': YCPD settles over $20 million after run-in leaves man paralyzed

---------------------------

Mr. Gross was still handcuffed at this time,” according to the lawsuit, filed late Tuesday in Sutter Superior Court against the city and Officers Joshua Jackson, Scott Hansen and Nathan Livingston. “While being brutally slammed to the ground, Mr. Gross’s head and face struck the ground, breaking Mr. Gross’s nose, breaking a vertebra in his neck, tearing ligaments in his neck, causing spinal cord damage, paralysis, and ... bleeding.”

“He was assisted to the ground,” an officer tells a medical worker inside as Gross is wheeled inside with blood pouring from his nose at about 2:45 p.m. “The nose thing just happened in the grass out there.”

“Neither Officer Jackson nor Officer Hansen requested Mr. Gross’s neck and spinal cord be protected, although they had a duty to do so. The medical staff also repeatedly failed to take any steps to protect his neck and spinal cord. The negligence of the police officers and the Rideout medical staff ... were each a substantial cause of further damages to Mr. Gross’s spinal cord.”

“I’m in this hospital bed in the living room here and I can’t do anything,” gross says on the video. “My hands don’t work, and that’s another thing, too. I can’t write, I can’t open my hands to grab anything because the injury caused paralysis in my fingers.

California cops sued after DUI suspect ends up paralyzed | The Sacramento Bee (sacbee.com)

-------------------------

(Video)

10. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    " I hate a Black ****ing Democrat."

Sounds about right, pun intended

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016

Even police dogs want in on the action

12. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    What's wild is that he was re-elected after that. Nevermind, not wild at all.. It actually is quite believable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    That one is blocked here at work, but the thumbnail displayed just long enough that I know exactly what video it is. If I remember correctly, I think even the state police were appalled by the use of that dog.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Kansas State Police

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — A tactic known as the “Kansas Two-Step” that’s been used by the state Highway Patrol for years to detain out-of-state motorists long enough to find a reason to search their vehicles for illegal drugs violates motorists’ constitutional right against unreasonable searches, a federal judge declared Friday.

The changes would include a requirement that troopers specifically inform motorists they stop that they have the right to reject a search or to revoke consent for one at any time — when under the “Two-Step,” patrol officers avoid telling motorists they are free to go.

With the “Two-Step,” troopers finish the initial traffic stop, issuing a ticket or a warning, and start to walk away, then turn back to talk more to the motorist. That allows them to keep looking for grounds for a vehicle search or to buy time to get drug-sniffing dogs to the scene.

“The KHP trains troopers not to inform a motorist that he or she is free to go,” Vratil wrote.

The Kansas Highway Patrol's 'Two-Step' tactic tramples motorists' rights, a judge rules

----------------------------

This is the 3rd or 4th time state police have been in this thread. This time it's Kanasas State Police. They have been trampling on the Constitutional rights of out of state motorists for years to the point where a federal judge has had to intervene. The widespread tactic of trampling these traveler's rights is so widespread, it had has a name. "The Kansas Two-Step." Why do officers swear to uphold and defend the Constitution, yet receive training on how to skirt those rights, and employ that training on motorists.

So, we've got West Virginia State Police doing all kinds of crap, Connecticut State Police writing thousands of fake tickets to make it look like they don't target minorities,
    and Kansas State Police getting training on how to violate thousands of drivers rights.

Police State.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    “Kansas Two-Step” sounds like some slimeball shit used to violate the rights of citizens, I don’t see how anyone can defend this corrupt nonsense

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    the state police officer is clearly heard tellign the handler to not release the dog on the man with his hands up. dude just didn't listen. state officer was appalled

17. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Yep, that's what I remembered. I think I'd rather be roughed up by an officer than face the wrath of a K9. Just yikes. Saw one a while back where a K9 pulled a dudes eyeball out of the socket. Not saying the eyeball one was one of these, but there should be some stiff, stiff penalties for unjustifiable use of a dog.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    True. One need not hate police to clearly see the systemic problems in policing.

Same time, one can definitely hate (and should imo) abusive practices and the often unjustified, unconstitutional, and/or extralegal violence meted out by police in the name of "justice." One of the worst developments in American policing, imo, is the idea of the "thin blue line" which only serves to create the belief that police protect "us" from "them" with them being "criminals" and police also being some third group. But the reality is police & offenders and the "good people" are "us" and many if not most of "us" have committed crimes (i.e. multiple) in our lives.

There's a pretty massive scientific literature on all sorts of police abuses, violence etc. that cannot be said to only be a problem of "bad apples" but rather, systemic problems throughout the institution. NTM, youtube & ubiquitous cameras have done a hell of a lot to expose a much more realistic side of policing.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Sounds a lot like my OP

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Sorry, I didn't read your op until now. I had gone directly to the last page...out of laziness.

You're (we're?) spot on...if I say so myself :)

Police have been trained to push the envelope--and by that I mean to fish for crime, and more broadly disrupt people's lives, often on the thinnest of reasons under the misguided belief that this is good policing.

I don't blame police(only) because politicos, the courts, and the public have encouraged this way of policing, establishing it as the norm. The broken state of American policing is a problem that we collectively created.

• Winner Winner x 1