Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Police Coverups, Conspiracies, and Cost to Taxpayers

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ValdostaGatorFan, May 17, 2023.

1. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    I would like to open the eyes of some of the police apologetics out there. I've said before that police issues are systemic. They put themselves and their jobs way above the citizens that they swore to protect. The constantly purposely leave out things from reports, or just straight up lie. The cover for each other when they abuse citizens, lie, cheat, and steal.

I could go for days posting about incidents where single officers violate citizens. Literally. It happens all day, every day. Some are so egregious that they are definitely thread worthy. But on this thread, I'd like to point out the culture of American policing. The US vs THEM mentality, to protect your own over anything else.

Those officers that are present but do not report known abuses should be punished as well. The Blue Code of Silence is real, and is a detriment to the public. I think policing is broken and it will never be fixed.

I do not trust the police. At All. They will keep know abuses quiet until someone gets the same exact footage that they have, releases it to the public, and then all of sudden, it's "We are going to launch an investigation." What?! You have the same footage. It's from your officers bodycams and your officers dashcams. If it had not been released to the public by someone else, it all gets swept under the rug.

There are a few cases that I've been following lately that I would like to highlight that shows the kind of corruption that I'm talking about. I've been tempted to post them as I learned of them, but have held back. After seeing an update to one of the cases just now, I had to make this thread, and I'll just add them to it.

• Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    East Cleveland Police Dept

In March, 11 current and former officer were indicted for beating Americans, aggravated robbery, bribery, and theft. That brings the total to SIXTEEN indicted in the last seven months. This department usually has 40 officers, but there have been so many that have been indicted, they can't even police their own jurisdiction. They have to have help from outside agencies.

In the past seven months, O’Malley’s office has worked to indict 16 East Cleveland police officers, including those charged Wednesday. In addition to the latest charges, which include felonious assault, interfering with civil rights and dereliction of duty, other officers have been charged with crimes including aggravated robbery, bribery and theft.

O’Malley believes that in East Cleveland, a city of 13,600, there are only about two dozen police officers remaining on active duty and able to patrol the streets. As a result, city officials are seeking help from Cuyahoga County sheriff’s deputies and state troopers.

In addition to assault and civil rights violations, several officers were charged Wednesday with tampering with evidence, obstructing justice, theft in office, and telecommunications fraud. They will be arraigned at a later date and are expected to self-surrender, O’Malley said.

The following officers were indicted on Wednesday:

· Patrol Officer Nicholas Foti

· Detective Ian McInnes

· Sgt. John Hartman

· Patrol Officer Tristan Homan

· Patrol Officer Laurice Mans

· Patrol Officer Tre Dehart Robinson

· Patrol Officer Brian Parks

· Patrol Officer Tyler Mundson

· Patrol Officer Brian Stoll

· Investigator Kyle Wood

· Patrol Officer Daniel Toomer

LINK: 11 East Cleveland police officers indicted on civil rights violations after video captures shocking brutality

This is the tamest version I could post on Gator Country. It touches on just some of the cases. Let me know what you think about the cell phone part. Just petty and mean.

Cleveland.com release an unfiltered, raw video version. You can find it on YouTube, or open up this box. nsfw language. Hopefully mods will allow note only because its valuable information for the public, but because you can't play it in the forum and you must leave the site to view it.

The thing I wanted to point out here is how brutal cops can be. How many can join in. In this case, it looks like at least 40% of the department can.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Pueblo Police Department

Police affiliate's son beats man to the point of hospitalization. Every cop on scene covers up a felonious assault. The son is the 2nd ranked amateur flyweight MMA fighter in the state of Colorado. His dad is a volunteer medic who works with all the officers on scene.

The guy is subdued on the ground and not resisting. The dad (who isn't a cop) held him down and the MMA fighter son then:

Kicks the man in the back of the head, then punches him 16 more times, kicks him again, throws 7 more punches and another kick. All while being held down by the dad.

Every cop on scene can figure out what happened. Do they seek justice? Nope. Lets give out fistbumps instead. Yep, fistbumped the son who hospitalized a guy. Let's ignore obvious facts. Let's let our buddy and his son off the hook. Let's lose bodycam footage. Let's not ask the store for the survelience footage. Hell, let's not even mention there was a fight at all. I guess you can do that when the dad said he fell and bumped his head, and all the officers saw the injuries and were like "Yep, that makes sense."

Read this police report and then watch the video.

report.jpg

(Fun Fact: The guy that runs this channel was a combat medic. Not sure why this one is Watch on YouTube. There is no fowl language and any blood is blurred out)

I chose this one because it relates to what I said in the OP. They put themselves over everyone. They covered this up and purposely not to investigate because it he was one of them, despite a man leaving for the hospital with serious injuries.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, the "culture" also includes far too many Americans being A-OK with this. One of the tried and true genres of American TV/cinema is Dirty Cop, and just about any semi-competent production is a guaranteed money maker. Not due to the "must see" quality of bad deeds and unAmerican activity, but because people by and large want it. TBF, most media depict the Dirty Cop as brutalizing Dirty Citizens, not the average Joe. Mainly Clint Eastwood types going rogue against small-timer street criminals robbing family owned diners and such. So the message is it'll never happen to YOU, because you are not a target. But unless you have the protection of being in the top tier of advantaged people, you are one opportunistic coincidence from finding out the hard way that you ain't special.

But plenty of Bad Cop media is just blatantly about not just Bad Cops, but more like Genghis Kahn Cops. Baltimore perfectly sums up this paradigm. Only Chicago gets more run as OUT OF CONTROL!!!! But it's always a very focused criticism, being sure to stay away from the police system that terrorizes its citizens daily.

I Got A Monster: real-world expose about a maniac and a whole procession of accomplices terrorizing the public for years and making a mint in the process. You'll need to search for it, it hardly gets a mention from anyone anywhere.
    The Wire: basically David Simon, likely inadvertently, cleaning up what would eventually, in real life, become the GTTF by humanizing the real-life demons at all angles. Considered one of the best TV shows of all time.
    We Own This City: David Simon, maybe intentionally, taking a mulligan on the now-exposed GTTF story with less romanticism. Not nearly as well-received by the public.
    The Shield: the more melodramatic and outlandish police-centric version of Baltimore's GTTF, running concurrently with The Wire, set in LA and featuring a full-blown psychopath loaded for gangbears at every second of the day. The street criminals didn't get much development at all, almost always just to pound home that they deserve no rights. The government criminal was a tortured soul, "misunderstood" and a family man, and the end was a triumphant avoidance of accountability and the last minute of the show confirmed that Detective Menace2Society was BACK IN BUSINESS BABY! Not quite The Wire accolades, but makes many a "All Time Best" list.

Much like today's politicians, parties, inflammatory partisan media outlets, etc, while I agree with the premise that they are largely scummy, they are nothing more than supply meeting demand. People en masse not only accept it, they require it. There will be a dozen enablers here soon defending these scumbag cops and departments. That population WANTS these despots all over the land. They will accept citizens being brutalized so long as they believe they are insulated from it.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Is there a reason that conservatives are pro-union for police and anti-union for everyone else?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    They look out for their own

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Its pretty wild that people think crime is out of control but blame almost everyone other than cops, who's job it is to control crime. In fact, they are like "well maybe if we give them more money and let them do whatever they want." How many other lines of work can you fail at completely and get constant rewards and increased budgets? Just the military basically! I guess the cops can always say "what are you gonna do, replace us?" They have everyone over the barrel, they are the ones that run things. They dont serve us, we serve them!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    "Back the Blue
    Until it Happens to You"

It's interesting seeing people, both online and people I've known, do 180's going from unwavering support of anything LEO to "You know, there is a problem here."

2 of the guys channels I watch on YT are former officers. It's refreshing to see someone that came from the culture calling out the culture.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  9. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Vigilante acts should be an indictment of cops and they should take it personally, but the cops are like "support this guys legal defense." Of course cops in this country basically see themselves as vigilantes and avengers of justice, not people bound by law. Game respect game as it were.

10. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Yes, cops can be brutal. Have you walked inside a public govt high school lately?
    The public can be very scary and it’s very difficult to prosecute bad guys.
    I’d watch my back too if I was in LE.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Right on time. If your that big of a puss that you can't do your job without tazing handcuffed people and stomping on the heads of complaint people, find another job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    So you're admitting cops are afraid of children

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    That’s a pretty narrow view of the field.
    Police are on the defense and most times the criminals have more protection than they do.
    You really don’t seem to understand the reality of how hard a job LEO have.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Didnt you work at one? Did you lock your door and cower in fear under your desk the whole day?

15. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Amen. Great thread

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Sure. Children can be drug dealers, gun carriers. There was a recent story where a 9 year old pulled a gun on the police.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Cops can literally kill someone and not go to jail but criminals have more protection?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    I walked those hallways in disgust every day. Half of those kids will grow up without a loving parent in their lives and it showed.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Watch the unedited version of the East Cleveland Police and tell me what that has to do with school children.

And hey, if it's too tough of a job where you can perform it without beating people, find another line of work.

My job is hard sometimes. I don't get to go kick the shit out of people for it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Cops are afraid of 9 year olds, dont have to convince me they are cowards