Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Pick ‘em: Trump VP — JD Vance Discussion

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by slocala, Jul 10, 2024.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Or you could put it in the full context of what he said, where he blames the "sexual revolution" i.e. feminism, liberal ideas about divorce, etc. What you are saying here is basically true throughout all time. Your village getting ransacked by Vikings is going to cause childhood trauma. I don't think that's the point he's making lol. I think you are essentially whitewashing this to make it more banal.

2. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Kamala Harris once called Joe Biden a sex criminal and a segregationist from the debate stage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Funny, but after seeing the RFK leaked conversation, there is a 0.0% chance that he could get 22 words into a phone call with Trump….

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Surprise! MAGA makes racist attacks against Vance's wife.

She's the daughter of Indian immigrants.

"This guy will be great on immigration," says the founder of America First Students. Another MAGAt who visited Trump at Mar-a-Lago says Vance will not be a defender of "white identity."

MAGA makes racist attacks against JD Vance's Wife

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Why am I not surprised? Trump himself made racist comments regarding Nikki Haley although didn't stop her from ultimately kowtowing before the Dear Leader.
    Mocking Haley, Trump Adds to His Long History of Racist Attacks

6. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't mean anything racist when I say Nikki Haley is pathetic. That whole sad and disgusting bunch of Trump sycophants is pathetic.

7. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    I feel bad for Tim Scott. He spent all that money for a rent a girlfriend

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Poor Tim Scott kissed the ring so much he ought to have ringworm.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    one heartbeat away from potus..think about Vance as POTUS..dems need to run them ads

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Gaetz got him a club member discount

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    JD Vance Suggests People in ‘Violent’ Marriages Shouldn’t Get Divorced (vice.com)

This is one of the great tricks that I think the sexual revolution pulled on the American populace, which is the idea that like, ‘well, OK, these marriages were fundamentally, you know, they were maybe even violent, but certainly they were unhappy. And so getting rid of them and making it easier for people to shift spouses like they change their underwear, that’s going to make people happier in the long term,’” Vance said.

“And maybe it worked out for the moms and dads, though I’m skeptical. But it really didn’t work out for the kids of those marriages,” Vance continued. “And that’s what I think all of us should be honest about, is we’ve run this experiment in real time. And what we have is a lot of very, very real family dysfunction that’s making our kids unhappy.”

exactly...come on man...he is clearly saying that it was a fallacy that getting out of violent marriages was good for the kids. ie, wife should stay in violent marriage for the benefit of the kids. how cany any reasonable person read that any other way?

12. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    He knows his audience. It is an audience of 1, and watching his ability to stroke Trump’s ego is a master class in “managing upward”.

It will be interesting to see where Vance really stands on Trump once DJT is out of the picture. Rubio and Burgum never stood a chance.

13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    It is a fascinating quote from the perspective of being VP candidate for a twice divorced dude with kids from 3 different wives. It kind of goes to the point that many on the right view women as having agency in divorce that they shouldn't and that men should be able to act like Trump while staying married.

14. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Good speech. JD was a good choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  15. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    He went from praising Trump to spouting anti-trade deals like he was Bernie Sanders. He’s good, just like the last Yale Law School grad in the executive branch was. When he wasn’t on his knees, he sounded as convincing as Clinton, just with a less traditionally conservative rhetoric on economic issues.

16. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Vance is a chameleon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Cmon. Its a stretch. I think he throws the violence reference in as an exception. Like I said, he worded it poorly and even said getting out was good for the moms.

He was making a general reference to the divorce rate and broken homes. He tried to toss the violent in as an exception and worded it properly.

Look I wont be voting for him, but this gotcha game that people play over every single word is silly. People in public life will stumble on words.

Do you think Biden believes that Trump is his VP just because it stumbled out? Do you think Biden thinks that Putin is the president of Ukraine?

He said it right?

Its ok to gove people the benefit of the doubt and freedom to screw up.

Well, it used to be anyway. But not today. Every word is taken literal and no room for error exists.

Again, I wont be voting for the ticket. Fire away. But all this crying wolf inst getting the country anywhere

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Yeah, it seemed to me at the very least that Vance might have been signaling support for the elimination of no-fault divorce laws, but I haven't seen clips of him directly addressing that issue.

19. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Whoopsie. What a dolt, lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Not off to a good start ... the first VP candidate in 25+ years to have a net negative approval rating, and the lowest net approval rating ever, immediately after they were named at a convention ... the average has been +19 ... and this guy is -6. Sad.

JD Vance breaks polling records in the worst way (msn.com)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1