Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Perhaps There Should Be A 64-Team Playoff

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by The_RH_Factor, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Yep, you have hit the nugget in the goldmine....99.99% of these athletes have NO intrinsic NIL value that isn't associated with the institution they play for. That is why NIL is such a misnomer...its flat out pay for play with nothing to do with their name, image, or likeness and everything to do with their ability to play a sport well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Another part of the major college football charade. A large portion of these players have no interest in being students or getting a degree....they just want to get the league and get that contract money. Its a terrible waste of our resources to put them through some dog and pony show being a student athlete just so they can fulfill their dreams of playing football for a living.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I don’t disagree with you, but it’s what it is. We both know that as long as the teams are affiliated with the schools, the athletes will have to attend the school. As long as they’re forced to attend the school, they’re going to be given scholarships. I know quite a few guys who had no shot at the nfl and got good degrees from good schools playing football, or other sports. I’m not one that believes you have to go to school to be successful, but if you do it right, the networking capabilities you can gain are unimaginable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. G8R92

G8R92 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 5, 2010