Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

PCE August 2024

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Sep 27, 2024 at 10:08 AM.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    All the more reason not to support Trump. I'm not happy with higher prices, but understand it was a global phenomenon post pandemic. Why would I want to see them skyrocket again, this time all due to Trump's idiotic policies?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Seems like it could be close to a wash with respect to housing.
    Some down size and buy the homes that the people who are upsizing are selling and visa versa.

WRT to tariffs I’m still waiting for all those terrible tariffs Biden complained about from Trump to be lifted, I guises his committee is still reviewing them.

I seriously doubt there would be mass deportations under Trump, just like I doubt under Harris they will open the gates more than they have been open. It’s red meat for the base IMHO.

3. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I can see that to some degree but I also see some well off people (house rich) buying a small home and a second small home where they like to travel. I’ve seen it with many of my patients actually. That would make the supply worse.

4. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    The only minor benefit to that is the SALT cap will go away if I’m not mistaken.