Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Patrick Murphy

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by jaxg8r, Jun 6, 2024.

1. jaxg8r

jaxg8r VIP Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Apologies in advance if someone already noted the following. Or if this is factually wrong.

While reflecting today on the Gators magical SB run to the WCWS, something occurred to me. If Patrick Murphy hadn't refused Wallace's eligibility release request, she wouldn't have been around this year. Even with the new additions, most notably Erickson and Otis, the odds of them having the season they just finished seem highly unlikely. And not for what she did on game days, as amazing as it was. But, for the example she set, and the leadership she provided. To hear her teammates explain it. Just work as hard as Skylar works and the winning will take care of itself. And it did.

Go Gators!

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  2. ufgtr77

ufgtr77 Junior

Apr 22, 2024
    I almost hate to say this from the bottom of my gut, but Thank you Patrick Murphy! Your selfish actions helped make the Gators be a better TEAM this year and we thoroughly enjoyed beating your Bama Tide and eliminating them from the WCWS.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sotacracker

sotacracker Sophomore

Apr 13, 2007
    Will Skylar have a coaching position next year?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    That's a really good point. Everything works out as it should. Skylar got to end her career as part of a very good team also.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Legend

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    Wouldn't surprise me if some day Skylar becomes another Patty Gasso. They even sort of look alike.

• Funny Funny x 2