Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Outside the dugout: What's cooking?

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by GatorLurker, Jul 28, 2016.

1. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Be sure to exhale :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007

4. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    If you say so :)

5. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight we are having baked lasagna with Caesar salad and garlic butter bread sticks.

We have had both sunshine and thunderstorms mixed into our day here today.

The longnecks are ice cold and Ms. Jan’s wine is chilled.

Life is good in Gator Nation!

• Like Like x 1
  6. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    I had to do some minor repairs at our rental house so we are getting burgers from Goldie's at Depot Park.

The smoked chicken last night was perfect. And I made the green beans in my garlicy style. I poached them first and them finish them in olive oil and garlic.

And what is not to like about mashed redskin potatoes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    My wife got me cast iron flat top to use on the BGE for my birthday. We broke it in today, with Oklahoma style smash burgers. Fantastic!

I made them in the kitchen once and was blown away how tasty they were but grease splattered all over the place and created a disaster of a mess. That was the end of that… until now. Just awesome.

French fries and pickled cucumbers & onion on the side.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight we’re going to have fresh fried catfish. Our favorite sides will be in play as well. We will have cheese grits, coleslaw, and hush puppies. Sweet pickles will be on the side.

The weather has been pleasant during the day. We had a little rain shower early this morning.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Smoking St Louis cut ribs dry rub style with corn on the cob. I am sending my son out to get some Sonny's beans. I often make Carolina vinegar slaw to go with dry rubbed ribs but they really are not part of the same BBQ style. Smoked ribs are not part of Western North Carolina BBQ and vinegar slaw is not a Memphis thing. I just like them together.

Have a sore throat and body aches today but a negative Covid test. But when I had Covid before I was negative the first day and felt much better the second day and then tested positive. Because I felt a lot better my doctor and I decided that skipping Paxlovid was the right course of action. I actually felt worse the day after getting the vaccine than the one day I had Covid symptoms. I guess the vaccines did their job.

I hope this isn't Covid because I am supposed to travel by air early on Friday. It wouldn't be right for me to board a plane with an active case.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight we’re having fried cubed pork steaks, fresh cream 40’s & petite butter beans, and scalloped potatoes.

Very pleasant day here today.

Ice cold longnecks and chilled wine maintain their active status today.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Last night was leftover ribs and smoked chicken. The day before I fell ill with Covid like symptoms but managed to eat one rib before going to bed and sleeping 12 hours.

Covid tests were all negative. Felt 95% better yesterday and 99% better today. Not Covid but SUCKED!

Tonight I have defrosted some Bolognese sauce to serve over orecchiette.

• Like Like x 2
  12. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight we are having our crunchy taco beef casserole topped with Sargento Tex-Mex shredded cheese.

A freshly made Romaine salad topped with vine ripe tomatoes will be our side.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Was out of town Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Cleveland of all places. It just turned out to be a convenient place to meet up with a cousin of my wife's that we are close to that now lives in Tuscany and was in the US visiting family and friends. Rock and Roll HOF was better than I thought it would be.

Went for lunch to a place known for its walleye but it was over fried and not fresh. It was meh. I am used to getting caught that day walleye from cold lakes in northern Wisconsin that have just a touch of batter so that you can taste the sweet fish meat. This was not that experience.

One night we went to a place that served Southern style food but with a twist. I have never had a fried green tomato so good. Just amazing.

Now for what I am making.

Tonight will be chicken tinga for tacos.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Peppers, potatoes and chorizo tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight I’ll be grilling wings and we’ll have a cold tray to go with it.

One light shower mid morning and the rest of the day has been pleasant.

Ice cold longnecks and chilled wine are ready for the afternoon/evening.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight we are making homemade club sandwiches. We like to use a Tavern Lite ham and Hickory Smoked turkey breast we get up here.

Of course fresh lettuce and vine ripe tomatoes along with kosher dill pickle spears are included. We make them on a sourdough bread, toasted of course. French Fries on the side.

Ice cold longnecks and chilled wine fit nicely with this meal.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Tonight I am making a Thai red curry with chicken, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and yellow bell pepper. A side will be a smashed cucumber salad with serrano peppers, peanuts, fish sauce and rice wine vinegar.

My son that won't eat any of this is getting dirty rice with the Portuguese version of chorizo.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Just getting time to post this as we had all the family over for supper this evening…..We had Ms. Jan’s Sunday pot roast and gravy, homemade mashed potatoes, cream 40’s & petite butter beans.

We had butter rolls on the side. Ms. Jan also had her homemade lemon meringue pie with a graham cracker crust.

Ice cold longnecks and chilled wine satisfied everyone this afternoon.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight we’re having fried catfish fillets, cheese grits, coleslaw, and hush puppies.

Beautiful day here today but we have been watching the storm Florida is currently facing. Hunker down and good luck everyone.

Ice cold longnecks and chilled wine fit just fine for the afternoon/evening.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight it’s clean the refrigerator out night, so it’s leftovers. Some pretty good choices so we’ll do just fine.

Beautiful day here today, a bit cloudy but a not too hot day.

• Like Like x 1