Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Outside the dugout: What's cooking?

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by GatorLurker, Jul 28, 2016.

1. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Today I made pickled red onions and a tomatillo based guac as toppings for mahi fish tacos. I will grill the mahi on the KJ.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight we’re having fried cubed pork steaks, and a big pot of fresh green beans & new potatoes with fresh white sweet corn added in.

It’s windy, kinda cool and rainy here so we’re enjoying Moscow Mules this evening.

Life is good in Gator Nation!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Last night's menu was changed slightly. Northwest Seafood was out of mahi so we bought grouper instead for the fish tacos. Best fish tacos I have ever eaten.

A niece is visiting that used to be a strict vegan but now she eats seafood: fish, shrimp, clams, etc. Mostly for dietary reasons as seafood has the good fats like omega-3 so fish tacos were OK for her last night and tomorrow I am making pickled shrimp with fennel.

Tonight there will be a kale and roasted veggie salad with grains but my son and I will also be having some grilled brats. Check that. My son will not be having the salad but will be having brats. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight we’re picking up our supper from a newly opened local pizzeria. It’s name is Pappas Pizza House.

We are going to try their baked spaghetti and pepperoni pizza rolls. We will make our own fresh Caesar salad to go with.

Ms. Jan is enjoying her chilled wine and I am happy with ice cold longnecks.

Life is good in Gator Nation!

• Like Like x 1