Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Operation Bye Bye Biden accomplished

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, Jul 18, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    I’m still leaning towards Biden staying in. And the infighting will get ugly. CNN is reporting that he’s more “receptive” based on the fact he is no longer telling aides that Kamala cannot win and instead asking aides if they think she can win. The issue with this is obvious. He’s privately admitting that Kamala has no shot and thus he has to stay in. If he stays in, those comments will inevitably sting Kamala’s ego and probably already do.

Given Biden’s state of mind, I could see it spiraling very quickly. If he stays in, many Dems will take her side and the infighting will begin.

Dems best be praying he relinquishes his candidacy. I wouldn’t blame Kamala for being pissed. For one, if he does step away, he’s already thrown her under the bus with those comments and it makes her look bad. Secondly, it goes against everything he’s told the public about her. The guy is a fraud and he has the morals of a snake.

3. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    I’ll believe it when I see it. This could easily be Dem operatives taking advantage of Biden’s isolation and attempting a quasi-coup of sorts. I watched Biden’s interview with Holt Monday night and I didn’t see anything that led me to believe he was ready to bow out gracefully. If he is, then he disgraced himself in that interview with Holt for no apparent reason.

4. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Apr 3, 2007
    That's honestly not an explanation and ignores many factors that rule out Democrats as a whole being at fault. One, it's been 15 months since he announced he was running. There were Dems who deemed him too old when he announced and said so publicly, but obviously most coalesced behind him being the candidate because that's what happens. Who ran against him?

Two, I am dealing with my grandfather going through early dementia and age related symptoms. What I see in him and what I see in Joe lately is familiar. No, it hasn't happened in just the last few weeks with Joe as some have stated, but it definitely accelerates because I've seen it in real time. Those Dems with enough voice who have met with him in person have seen how he is and that he won't be up for 4 more years. They are trying to help the country, the party, and Joe, but now the entire Democrat party is to blame?

It's definitely his family and inner circle who are driving this want for him to stay. Biden's closest family needs to be the ones to tell him to step aside.

The majority of FSU fans were very upset that Bowden was fired and wanted him to continue, but most of what I'm seeing is Dems seeing Biden isn't up for the job of President even if he wins. Isn't the former more cruel? Let an aging person stay where they are instead of going off into the sunset?

So again, you fail to explain that all Democrats are at fault.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    please please be true.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Setting aside that I doubt Halperin really has that sort of inside info at this point in his career given his past, Beshear would be a very interesting choice to counter Vance. As Vance looks to shift his narratives around (the funny part of Hillbilly Elegy is how much the central premise differs from his current politics/how he is trying to use it now), it would be funny to watch him attack Harris for being from California (where Vance went to go make money) to a guy born and raised in Kentucky.

7. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

So how does this work. Who decides who runs? Do they have a mini primary of sorts? What is the protocol?

8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    They can't run from their record and polices... not going to change a thing.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Apr 3, 2007
    I've read that if Biden drops out and endorses someone, the mini primary most likely won't happen. The delegates most likely will vote for them. If he doesn't, there could be a mini primary with candidates in a condensed schedule. An open convention could happen with delegates voting for who they want. They could vote for a Biden-endorsed candidate, but they don't legally have to.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Apr 3, 2007
    And the last time around when Trump ran on his policies and record, he lost. Can't run from them either....

11. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    If Biden does step down it will be interesting to see how his net worth increases in the next few weeks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    CNN:
    Trump is making substantial gains in the race at a time he is spending nothing on television ads.

The numbers there are stunning. The Biden campaign has spent $8.8 million on TV ads in the week from July 11 to July 18. The Trump campaign spent just $33,000 in that same time frame.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Just a guess because it's never happened before based on the rules as I understand them (haven't actually read them) delegates previously committed to Biden can vote as they choose. My guess is that the overwhelming majority will end up voting for Harris at the convection. It's also possible that if other candidates are nominated they could end up declining their nominations to avoid a contentious convention.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    they are supposedly “Biden’s delegates”, that he won in the primary. So he has a say……kam. But as he’s not in it anymore, not really sure. Hopefully they would open it up, but I doubt it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
  17. TheGator

TheGator Basement Gator Fan Premium Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Utah
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. Orange_and_Bluke