Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Operation Bye Bye Biden accomplished

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, Jul 18, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Will the Democrats install another candidate at the last minute to save democracy ?

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Trump mistaking his rape victim for his wife.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Funny just last night we were looking at some old photos and I mistook my sister in law for my wife........Like Trump mentioned in that clip, the photo was very blurry.

5. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Difference is trump has history of sexual assault as confirmed in court.

6. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And the answer is? Probably no, because he isn't supposed to serve a 3rd term. (Of course that minor detail would NEVER stop Trump from extending his stay in the White House.)

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I haven't personally read any scholarship on the issue. The posts by gator_lawyer and GatorBen were consistent with what I thought I heard last night - that there's a textual argument which would permit it but that there is no clear precedent in the case law.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    That's cause in their experience, their woman are normally pointing at Mr. Winky when they are laughing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Donald Trump killed the bipartisan border bill that would have greatly improved border security and was supported by the border patrol. Once again, Trump put his personal political interests ahead of national security. Shameful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  12. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    duhhhh, Taylor Swift.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  13. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Word salad speaker >>> Donald Trump!!!

What a mature analysis. :)

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  14. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You mean the bill that would have allowed @2 million unvetted illegals to cross over every year...and could be adjusted to allow even more?
    Anyone with a brain knows that was a hapless piece of legislation attempting to make Biden look like he was actually doing something.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  15. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Unclear. 12th Amendment says “no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President[.]”

The issue is there are words you have to read into that. Is it intended to say that no person constitutionally ineligible to be elected to the office of president shall be eligible to be elected to the office of vice president?

IMO that’s arguably the better reading since the 12th amendment is all about the electoral college and how presidents and vice presidents are elected, rather than about constitutional eligibility criteria (which are in Article II instead). But you could theoretically also read it as saying that no one ineligible to serve as president is eligible to serve as vice president.

And that difference may matter because, as @gator_lawyer noted, the words of the 22nd Amendment if read literally say that no one can be elected to the office of president more than twice, which does not necessarily mean the same thing as saying that they can’t hold the office of president more than twice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    If he intends to go out and make the case for his own record and vision, as the quote says, that would seem to pretty strongly indicate that he’s campaigning for himself.

17. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Love the insight, but baffled and blown away as to how we are even discussing this possibility. The idea that this would happen makes me feel like I live in Russia. This is the same shit they do.

18. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NOT TRUE.

I voted for Biden and think he did a great job. Trump talked about infrastructure for 4 years, but got nothing done. Biden got a bipartisan infrastructure bill passed in Year One.

But, as time passes, he's showing his age more and more. It's gotten to the point that Biden supporters fear he's going to fall down stairs or mess up a major speech or news conference.

Thanks, Joe! You did a great job! But, It's time to pass the torch to the next generation.

One final thought. Biden on his worst day is still far better than Trump will ever be. Trump has the mind of an 11 year old (Steve Bannon) and can't think strategically (Bill Barr). And, he will ALWAYS place his self interest ahead of our national interests. ALWAYS.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I think that is all he can say at this point. Donors, Obama, and Pelosi are all telling him to step aside. I know “the choice is his and only his”, but he has always rode the coattails of others and needed strong support from his underlings when he was officially at the top of the ticket.

Regardless of what you think of Trump or Biden’s policies, Biden doesn’t have the ability to overthrow a whole party the way Trump did. One last argument to stay in the game before the GM throws him off the mound and brings in the reliever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.