Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ongoing UF Softball Commentary

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by ocalaman, Feb 20, 2022.

1. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    As usual, Florida probably has he toughest schedule in the SEC, if not the country. Great match-ups will have this team battle-tested come NCAA tournament time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    I have a son that lives in Houston, is a UF grad and he always makes fun of me for being an avid Gator softball fan. I was in shock when I saw the Gators were playing the Cougars in Houston next March. So I told the kid to save the date get out his orange and blue for I'm flying down and drag his ass to watch what is currently the most successful UF athletic team.
    It will be fun. Go Gators.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    2 years?

4. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    I couldn't figure out Covid years and now I can't figure out juniors and seniors in high school. I'm deleting it. Dementia is just around the corner.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    If she commits this year, she will sign in 2025, and come in the fall of 26.
    Jocey will be gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    That's why I deleted it. I had to use my fingers again. I lost my mind and I'm still searching for it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    On another note, and this time I think I'm right, it was pointed out to me by a fellow poster that Herb Brooks is no longer listed on the softball staff. This new person isn't listed. No staff member for anything related to "communications" is currently listed as of five minutes ago. Which makes perfect sense.

8. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    Lauren staff (@lstaff27) is the softball communications. Announced by Lauren on September 4th.

9. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    She said she was a "communications contact", whatever that means. She is NOT currently listed anywhere on the official staff roster. As an aside, today information was disclosed through means outside of "official" announcements that two or three high school elite football recruits were offered. All of these things can be done if you want your fans to know what is going on. I have to search the internet for possible clues on who we might even have the slightest interest in for softball. Dead silence. We never know who visits and we know every last high school football player that gets within 50 miles of Gainesville let alone anyone that actually visits in softball or gets an offer. Dead and never ending silence. There is no reason to pay someone as a communications director as the position is superfluous.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2024 at 5:39 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  10. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I feel.your pain however FB recruits often speakk regularly with members of GC, 247 , etc. Not to mention posting visits on X and instagram
    I do wish UF was more open at least about who visits. Is there even a list of girls we are targeting?

11. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    I have a list to my best and extremely suspect ability that started out with 25 kids and Tim has now culled it done to 9. That's the best I can do because there is nowhere else to turn. Listen...UF can't "officially" release any of this. Tim can't "officially" announce Avery Killian has committed. Nothing until she actually signs a NLI. But this information is rampant through other sources and it has to come from people inside the football and other programs to be published through "unofficial" accounts. Much of this doesn't come from posts made by the kids. It is purposefully leaked information. Softball simply does not, ever, do anything to keep their fervent fans, and I am one of them, informed on what happens in the program. They simply don't and that can't be disputed. Edit: We are now into Fall practice and not one official word that Erin Coffel has joined the program. Why?????????????? She is not under any restrictions for publicly speaking about her. Some of us knew she was coming in three months ago. There is no reasonable or rational explanation for this total silence.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2024 at 7:05 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    It is an extremely loaded schedule. Gonna be tough on the arms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    On another note, she could graduate early and come for spring 26.
    The only way that would be beneficial is that she got to practice with the team and redshirt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ufgtr77

ufgtr77 Junior

Apr 22, 2024
    [​IMG]

Lauren Staff
    @lstaff27

·
    Sep 4

I’m coming home. So excited to share that I’m moving back to Gainesville as the communications contact for @GatorsSB starting in October. I’m grateful for all the amazing people at UF for giving me the opportunity to work at & represent my alma mater again! Go Gators!Show more

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2024 at 12:33 PM
  15. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    I wish they would list her and give us an email address for her.

16. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    She says she does not start until October.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    She is a "communications contact" and you can make whatever you wish out of that vague and meaningless title. You can send her an email asking for information and she will delete it, as ordered. There is a reason why she doesn't have an email address or is even listed as a staff member.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  18. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    In Herb Brook's defense, he wasn't really the problem as far as I can tell. I actually emailed him with a couple of questions that weren't "invasive" so he responded. One I remember was early on a Sunday morning when I sent an email asking if we would finally get all of our USF tournament games streamed. He replied within a couple hours, on a Sunday morning, that "no....just our game against USF as usual".

19. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Come on Rick, you are better than this.
    She does not start work until October!