Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ongoing UF Softball Commentary

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by ocalaman, Feb 20, 2022.

1. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. gatornharlem

gatornharlem GC Legend

Dec 16, 2018
    New York City
    Don't forget Gymnastics, which is technically a winter sport that continues thru April with Regionals and NCAA Championship.

3. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Kayla Kowalik has taken a job with the Texas Tech staff as an assistant coach. I think she was GA at Kentucky last year. So the best UK players in a long time have moved on...Kowalik to Tech and Erin to UF. Of course, there hasn't been an official announcement of Erin to UF. You have to dig into her Instagram profile. Par for the course with the total silence, for no apparent purpose, from this program. Why you would not want to scream to the world you picked up an all-SEC shortstop, a USA member, and someone who knows the SEC like the back of her hand, as a great addition to your staff is beyond me. Everyone else does it but not us.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. biggerigator15

biggerigator15 VIP Member

Apr 14, 2024
    you ought to see my posts about womens basketball, the most secretive team on campus..at least I can get some news on softball here

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ufgtr77

ufgtr77 Junior

Apr 22, 2024
    Wow Townsend Thomas has wheels…..impressed! This team will have speed on the base paths!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I went to the Gainesville Rotary meeting today and Kelly Rae was the speaker.
    I thought she was very candid about the team.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  7. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Can you summarize what she said?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. biggerigator15

biggerigator15 VIP Member

Apr 14, 2024
    did she share info about who we are recruiting and when are dates they will be on campus?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Lol @ the off topic ratings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    I would really, really hate to have an off-topic conversation when we are so overwhelmed with constant softball news at this time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Just change the title to “softball guys talking about softball and other random things”

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    I would prefer to stay on topic; however, a random statement would be acceptable if the discussion doesn’t go on and on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Meh, this thread is 400 pages. Conversations will wander. They make it back to softball eventually. If you want a thread about something specific and want it to stay on topic, start one. Usually after a few pages, any thread will have a tendency to drift. This one has survived this long because it’s not all softball all the time. It would have fallen pages back by now, might even be pruned if it wasn’t allowed to drift.

If folks want instant news only specific to their stated topic, go pay someone for it. If you join a forum, you’re joining a campfire conversation. Take a bump and lets talk about the afterlife. Lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    I wish more of you softball people would find something to talk about. I don't care of you lie, make fun of people or even listen to Rick run his mouth about about Taylor. Anything is better than getting involved in or even reading the football board. Talk about depressing.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. huunterhound

huunterhound Junior

Mar 28, 2024
    Any predictions on how much batting we can expect out of our pitchers? Seems like we have another strong hitting pitcher in this class. I have wondered whether Keagan was kept off the plate due to workload or maybe even injury recovery because her pre college career was as good as anyone's. With the deep roster of quality bats what role will our pitchers play?

16. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Good question

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    I can see Keagan hitting this year. Katelynn(Red) may just concentrate on her pitching. She is needed in the circle more. We have plenty of other good hitters who may need to come off the bench or start to show their worth to the team, namely Taylor, Cassidy, Townsen, Rylee, Brooke, Alyssa(Lou), Gabi, Layla, Kenleigh, and Mia.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I think we'll have so much depth and competition for starting roles in the field that those who can hit will play. Pitchers gonna pitch and those who pitch best will get the most time in the circle. It will be interesting to me where Ava Brown fits in all of this. Last year she was the #2 pitcher and played 1st and hit as well. Will she still be the #2 pitcher or will Olivia Miller and/or Red Oxley move past her and will she still be an offensive player? I honestly don;t see Rothrock hitting, as she'll need to concentrate on being our ace pitcher. Just my opinion and we'll see how it works out. Lots of talent on this team -maybe the most depth ever.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    You hit the nail on the head Ocala. There is so much depth and talent on this team that all but a couple of the current players would be regular starters on any other college softball team. I wouldn't be surprised to see many different starting lineups this year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    I don't know what a "communication contact" is but we have a new one:

• Like Like x 3