Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ongoing UF Softball Commentary

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by ocalaman, Feb 20, 2022.

1. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    It made sense that we were visitors in the first game today but would have been home in the if necessary game. We were home when we played them yesterday, so it alternates. I get that.

But any insight on hosts the Super Regional if a seeded 1-8 Regional host does not advance.

2. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    PSA: For those of you with aggressive spam filters and didn't get the Gator Box Office email -- you only have 24 hours to reserve your Super Regional tickets before they are sold to the general public.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe the highest seeded team hosts

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. orangeblue77

orangeblue77 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Host in supers is always the home team. I’m 99% sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Regional championship game ones are always that way in my experience.

6. sweatinwith6

sweatinwith6 Sophomore

Jan 22, 2024
    It still alternates. It's how UGA walked us off in Supers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    It’s still m
    please don’t bring that up lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    I’m not sure when we last faced Baylor in the postseason but I know it wasn’t supers. I distinctly remember facing them in the WCWS long ago and putting up 13 runs in the first inning. Cheers to that!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    As long as they put in a bid, I think you’re right.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Have to be honest, I wasn't terribly optimistic about this season, what with the relatively disappointing performance last year and some of the misses in the transfer portal over the offseason. But beyond the wins, it's cool to see a lineup full of batting lines that look like the Enea-Bruder-Paculba days when Walton was first establishing this program as a force.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    As I said above, the host is home in games 1 and 3, and the other team is home in game 2

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. huunterhound

huunterhound Sophomore

Mar 28, 2024
    Yeah, I was asking about home team to determine batting first or second. Apparently there is some convoluted way of alternating home vs away after first regional round that could end up in a coin toss if the teams have been visitor equal times. I don't know why they even seed 1 thru 4 in a region if this is only an advantage in game one. I guess I will never get used to making everything "fair". Leave it the NCAA to make determining who bats first way harder than it needs to be. Win more games and be ranked higher if you have a problem with being visitor every game...I guess that's not allowed these days.

13. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Agree. It all goes to team chemistry and work ethic. Tim Walton said in an interview a dew days ago that he knew this freshman class was special when they all came in as high school All-Americans and immediately hit the practice field like they all had something to prove. He gives the team Mondays off and all 6 freshmen have been coming in on Mondays to lift weights, take BP, infield, whatever. He said they've all done that from the time they showed up on campus and continue to do it even now. They earned the respect of the veterans and even challenged them to match their intensity and effort. Combine that with Skylar Wallace as a workout animal as he described her and the transfer who just fit in and workj every bit as hard as the rest and he said he's not surprised that they have just gotten better and better as a team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. huunterhound

huunterhound Sophomore

Mar 28, 2024
    Sorry if posted already but have not seen it....On the double by Walsh, Skylar Wallace scored her 302nd career run, which ties the NCAA record.
    Sure glad that guy in bama blew it on this one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. kingator1

kingator1 VIP Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Panama City Beach, FL
    I’m sure this isn’t the correct thread but I didn’t see any softball threads in the ticket swap.
    If anyone who gets tickets can’t go I’d be willing to buy them and keep a gator in the seat. Just so happens I planned my vacation for next week and will be in Jacksonville Friday night so I could make it to Saturday. Hopefully we win the first 2 and don’t need the Sunday game but if we have it I’d also offer to purchase them.

16. huunterhound

huunterhound Sophomore

Mar 28, 2024
    It's very possible that Keagan could have the most inn8ngs pitched in D1 by season's end...absolutely both incredible and crazy. Sometimes I wonder where we would be with one of those veteran transfer arms then I think geez, we are #4 and keep winning, maybe dropping these young ladies right in the deep end of the pool was better than someone else showing them the way. Depth is a great luxury but they have learned to count on nobody else but themselves and no doubt this kind of on the job training is probably the best in the long run.

17. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Winner Winner x 3
  18. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Also, this popped up on my TL tonight, I don’t even remember this. Love KS though.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    The highest seed would still host. So let’s say Cal state Fullerton wins the regional final vs (8) Stanford. LSU (9) would host the supers because they are currently the highest seeded team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    It’s never too late to start believing! This is a very special team.

• Agree Agree x 1