Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ongoing UF Softball Commentary

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by ocalaman, Feb 20, 2022.

1. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Sandman...here is the list. Not sure if it will format. This site won't let me simply upload a word doc. Says the extension is not acceptable. Anyway:
    2025 Recruit Listing

Makenna Sturgis – shortstop from Tampa playing on Tampa Mustangs-Rene. To FSU.

Berkley Zache – pitcher from Indiana playing on Beverly Bandits (I really thought we would get her)
    To Oklahoma

Lexi McDaniel – infielder from Missouri playing for Demarini Aces – To Oklahoma

Lily Livingston – from Alabama (didn’t note her position) – To NC State (Bosch connection?)

Ada Little – pitcher (didn’t note from where) – To UGA

Pressley Harrison – pitcher (didn’t note from where) – To UGA

Ana Roman – outfielder from Florida playing for Tennessee Mojo – To Alabama

JoJo Lamar – infielder from North Carolina. Sister of Layla Lamar. Playing for Lady Dukes – To UCLA

Elsa Morrison – catcher from Tennessee playing for Texas Bombers – To Tennessee

Alyssa Parker – pitcher from Oklahoma playing for Aces Fastpitch – To Oklahoma

Kendall Wells – catcher from Georgia playing for Georgia Impact – To Oklahoma

Natalie Cable – pitcher from Florida – To UCLA

Harlie Chism – shortstop from Texas playing for Athletics National – To FSU

Lisabella Dimitrijevic – pitcher from Illinois playing for Illinois Chill – To FSU

Hannah Wells – pitcher from Texas playing for Athletics National – To Texas

Sophia Bordi – pitcher from New Jersey playing for Batbusters-Stith – To Oklahoma

Brinli Bain – infielder from Tennessee – To Arkansas

Kai Minor – outfielder from California playing for Batbusters -Stith – To Oklahoma

Addisyn Linton – pitcher (didn’t note from where) – To Clemson

Daigle Wilson – infielder from Alabama playing for Birmingham Thunderbolts – To Auburn

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Just copy and paste it into your post.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    I beat you to that but I had to type it up first. Originally it was just notes on tablet paper.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanks Rick. Oklahoma’s current roster lists six seniors and one junior. Gonna be a young squad in 2025 when Sooners begin full SEC schedule unless/until Gasso steps on the transfer portal gas pedal.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  5. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    Don't you mean the NIL portal?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    The Gators play 56 games regular season. I think they go 46-10.... 28-4 non conference & 18-6 SEC. I also think they get to college world series. What say you?

7. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Honestly, I don't have a clue. It all depends on the freshman pitchers, IMO. The offense should be really good, as will the defense. I THINK we'll be considerably better than last year and potentially could be great, but relying on 3 freshman pitchers is exciting but a little scary. Won't hazard a guess on actual records at this point, but am very hopeful of a big season.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    3 freshman arms is a lot scary.....but the raw talent on this roster is flat out thru the roof

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Porschegator

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    The last Gatorade Player of the year to play for the Gators was Kelly Barnhill. She was 15-1 her freshman year. Her senior year in high school she had an ERA of .59 with 534 strikeouts. In Ava's senior year she had an ERA of .53 with 292 strikeouts. Keagon had an ERA of .50 with 334 strikeouts. These two Gatorade Players of the year have stats similar to Kelly and I expect they will be just as successful.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  10. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    The key to this season is how the TEAM responds. IMHO, we’ve got good leadership in Skylar, Korbe, Kendra, Joyce and Reagan. If this group jells, the rest will follow. My high side guess is 48-8, 29-3, 19-5 and a trip to OKC.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    A few mitigating factors.....Kelly had the luxury of not being the #1 arm and thus wasn't always facing the best opponents. That almost certainly had a positive impact on record and ERA. We also have to watch the health of Keagan because we clearly were easing he in during fall ball. Being even slightly limited can have huge impact....see Liz last 2 seasons

• Like Like x 5
  12. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    Happy ( almost) 10 year anniversary of our first national title.

13. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Surprisingly, we have gone that long without another title. It seems when we got Amanda and Kelly in 2016, there was some disconnect in recruiting. I would be incredulous if you had told me we would not have won a title.
    The 2017 longest game ever against OK was the turning point IMHO. That was when OK started their dominance, and we faded.
    I am confident we are starting another run.
    I am on the way to South Africa on Friday. When I get back and recover, I will do a deep dive on recruiting after 2015.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. Porschegator

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    Scrappy.....Have a great time in Africa and don't get bitten by any wild animals.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    I believe in 2016, if Sophia is not injured, we three-peat. SS defensively was our weakness. Kelsey was a great second-baseman, but an average SS. We should-da, could-da won it in 2017; the pieces were there. Now we’ve got the pieces again, we can do this. I am excited as you are. I would interested in your insight on recruiting after 2015, I’m learning.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Knowing Scrappy, it's the wild animals that might have something to fear.

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I was at the 2017 WCWS longest game and was one of the few fans to stay all 17 innings which lasted 5 1/2 hours. Tough 7-5 loss for the Gators but a great game nonetheless.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Rawlings Invitational Tickets on sale today.
    I don't recall whether this event has sold out in years past, but tickets went on sale today.
    Buy | USF Bulls Tickets (ticketmaster.com)

Pro tip: For some reason, the default is "Youth Ticket." So unless you look a whole lot younger than I do, you need to change this to Adult or you will end up with the wrong ticket.

upload_2024-1-8_8-20-10.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    I am a season ticket holder who lives in Georgia. If anyone is interested in the Jacksonville game at KSP on February 14, my seats in Section 102 are available. Contact me here and we’ll go from there.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  20. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I ordered a pair of tickets to the USF tournament today. Very easy to do. Call Madison at her direct line, 813-974-3645. She will hook you up!

• Like Like x 1