Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ongoing UF Softball Commentary

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by ocalaman, Feb 20, 2022.

1. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Corrick threw a five inning perfect game yesterday against Ireland. She is 3-0 in the tournament with three shutouts. Raining today with very long delays. We are supposed to play two but it isn't going to be close to the scheduled game times, if they play at all. What happens today doesn't matter. Britain and USA are already set for the championship game and we're going to have to find a way to beat Georgina.

2. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    There is a chance that none of this year's seniors Avery, Emily, Katie, and Baylee will be starters. Makes me sad. They have given their all for three years and suddenly find themselves on the bench behind a bunch of superstar underclassmen for their final year. It has to be a hard pill to swallow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    That's very true but the best have to play. Who knows this may be what pushes them to take that extra step forward.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. theemaxpower

theemaxpower Junior

Jun 9, 2023
    Milton, DE
    I think if the can get to OKC and win it all, they'll be OK with it. They just gotta be ready when they're needed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Kendra is teasing us. What does she mean? A comment about Jocey or about something more to come?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Lefty lives a tough life.....currently in Hawaii with her long time best friend, UK player, Lauryn Borzilleri. F0YSOe-aIAAxFfK.jpg

7. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    Makes me laugh reading all the OU comments about how May will be their ace next year.... correct me if I'm wrong but May really isn't that impressive. She's had some good moments but the second she gets in trouble she's always been taken out... stats show her as better than she is. Assuming they don't land the big 2 OU pitching is down imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Chris Harry replied: Yes, they are.
    That seems like there is more than what has happened so far.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Absolutely no doubt Taylor's back is hurting her. I watched the entire last game of the day where she played the full game but that was the last time she did so. Even though she had a nice 2-4 day she never looked right to me. She hit a triple and ran well. Then had a hard slide into home to score on an infield grounder and tippy-toed back to the dugout. She had several good long running catches in the outfield but it was the most noticeable her back was bothering her while she stood around in the outfield. Constantly bending over, rotating, and even grabbing the lower right side of her back. I took several clips but none more revealing than this. Late in the game after her double. She barely runs to third (not like her at all) and then starts grabbing her back again. About two pitches after this clip she was talking to her coach on third and he immediately pinch ran for her.

10. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Two hours ago USA Softball posted that today's games have been postponed until further notice due to the weather.

11. 1990Gator

1990Gator VIP Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Good - Get Georgina as much rest as possible so she's ready to go in the Championship Game. Would love to see her take down the Mighty Team USA

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    They will try to play the Australia/Taipei game today and no others. Probably because they need that game to see who will play tomorrow in the 3rd place game. We are set to play Britain tomorrow in the championship game and will have to find a way to beat Georgina.

13. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Remember this game in 2022 where Hightower outdueled Corrick and Skylar Wallace scored the only run on a 2-out walk, then stole 2nd and came all the way around to score when the throw went in the outfield?
    Florida softball: Takeaways from Gators' fifth straight victory

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Yep. Solely from memory, my recollection is she pitched against us four times or so. I think we did get rid of her fairly early one time but the rest were nailbiters where we really couldn't do anything against her but lucked out and won anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. theemaxpower

theemaxpower Junior

Jun 9, 2023
    Milton, DE
    The one year in the regionals with Hannah Adams saving a run by ranging over to SS side of the bag to get the out at first. Man, Hannah could field. Don't know how many runs or hits she stole just by her range alone. That's one of the things we missed at 2nd this year.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Agree. The Gators have had some great 2nd basemen over the years. Aja Paculba, Kelsey Stewart, Hannah Adams probably the Top 3. Reagan Walsh was OK this year, but not the elite level we're used to. Sam Roe got a couple of shots there, but that wasn't her position either. I think after it all shakes out in the fall, the infield will be much better defensively than last year.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. VegasGator91

VegasGator91 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hopefully, only Goddard if healthy starts either as the RF or DP. The other 3 just don't hit well enough to be an everyday starter. And it isn't like they haven't had plenty of chances to prove otherwise.

18. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    But if they have chances and step up I don't see why they can't fight for that spot over Goddard.

19. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    Since it's unofficially official we get Vawter and or Maxwell. I'm curious to see who the 4th paid assistant is. A lot of speculations but nothing concrete just yet.

20. theemaxpower

theemaxpower Junior

Jun 9, 2023
    Milton, DE
    I was just over on the Robocoach Florida forum... first I wanna say most of the people over there are a mess. Lol

Anyway this is the word on 3rd coach over there:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chokenpoke

I’m hearing it’s one of Waltons former All American outfielders

AA OF from the Walton era

Kim Waleszonia
    Francesca Enea
    Kelsey Bruder
    Michelle Moultrie
    Amanda Lorenz