Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ongoing UF Softball Commentary

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by ocalaman, Feb 20, 2022.

1. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Have you seen any of Skylar's workouts on IG? She and Sierra Romero are showing videos and making videos. Sierra is putting together drills, etc. They are going do develop a program to sell.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Right now I am way behind....seven games of either Alyssa or Taylor to watch. And, of course, they are still playing every day in Colorado so I'll just fall farther behind. I rarely watch a game live and rarely watch the entire game unless there is a reason. All games are archived. If I want to watch a pitcher, I'll watch a lot of it uninterrupted. Or, if I wanted to watch Lefty at short or, say, Alyssa at third, I'll watch most of the game. Otherwise, I can just jump forward to the spot I want. I know Taylor hits 3rd for the Batbusters....I know Kai Minor leads off and Regan Shockley bats second....jump to one of those two and wait for Taylor to do her thing. And her "thing" is beautiful.

3. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Nope. But I have seen a bunch of Skylar's tiktoks and that girl has more than one screw loose.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    There is more than one poor announcer but Mowins is the only one that I have to mute. I refuse to have her assault my ears and brain with her incessant, mindless, babbling. I am not alone. Everyone I know does the same thing. What I do, when she is on the game, is go to one of the team's scheduling page and you can almost always find a link to their radio broadcast. Radio is usually 10-15 seconds behind the tv broadcast so you simply pause the tv until the radio syncs up and start the tv again. Presto. No more Mowins.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    OK. Let's try this. Probably won't work. Taylor's first home run on 6/28. I could post 20 and they would look the same. She doesn't hit moonshots. She hits rope after rope after rope that all go very long distances.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Wow. It worked. Props to me.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    One more for now. She actually didn't hit a home run but watch her go to first. More than that. She is possessed on the bases. Just like someone we know. I've seen her single, steal second, steal third, and come home on a SAC fly barely out of the infield that nobody in their right mind would try. Watch this one all the way through. This is something Skylar would do. Note her body and size. She has to be at least 5'10"...perhaps more.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. orangeblue77

orangeblue77 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    That had to be quite a few years ago right? The game has changed, even Abbott, Osterman and Finch would need some support if they were pitching today I imagine. I think the arms coming in are without a doubt special, they chose the Gators after all! Some backup would still be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Mia goes yard for Hotshots versus Mercado. BTW, that's Ava greeting her at home plate:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Cassidy goes yard for Hotshots versus Mercado. Up to that point Cassidy had a tough day...ground out and two strike outs. She let the frustration out as soon as she hit it as she knew it was gone:

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. orangeblue77

orangeblue77 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Your videos don’t work for me sadly. I imagine it’s a problem on my end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    You're a true fan. Kudos.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Hmmm. I can see them perfectly but that might be because they are coming from my Google Drive. Perhaps even though posted here and I can see them clearly here, can anyone else see them? If not, I'll have to try something else. Speak up.

14. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    What browser are you using. Try a different browser and see if that makes a difference.

15. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Works great for me, thanks for posting

16. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Works for me as well.

17. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    OK. That's enough. Apparently it is working so for the one it is some other issue.

18. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Just one more and then I'll stop for the day (I could post another 10 Taylor home runs as they come about one every game). This one is for laughs, or at least the only reason I made the clip was because it made me laugh. Gabi Comia will sign her NLI this November. She plays for the Beverly Bandits out of the Chicago area. The Bandits are always good. Some years they are on par with Mercado or Batbusters type teams. They always should be respected. Anyway, Gabi plays short and this was the first chance I ever had to see her play. Against the Batbusters. The Bandits took a 3 run lead in the first and won 3-1 on a screwed up game giving the Batbusters only their second loss. The game was called midway in the bottom of the 4th. Although it doesn't look like it, weather was moving in and probably lightning struck nearby. These tournaments do have time limit games but this was a low scoring game only in the 4th and, in any event, they aren't "drop dead" time limit games. Had to be weather. Anyway, Gabi grounded out her first ab. She had one play in the field...fairly routine...had to move several steps to her right in a medium 5-6 hole and made a nice throw to first for the out. What made me laugh was Gabi was coming to the plate for her second ab when the game was called.....she was not a happy camper having the ab taken away from her and the reason I made the clip:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    Interview with incoming transfer Korbie Otis

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. notexgator

notexgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    For elite teams they play on some really p poor fields. Our HS field in TX are 5 times better than these fields and converted Baseball fields with collapsible fences. Either way - thank you for sharing the videos!

• Agree Agree x 1