Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Oklahoma Public Education Grifting $5M of Trump Bibles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Oct 4, 2024.

1. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    MAGA hats, made in China
    Trump Suits, made in China
    Trump Bibles, made in China

But he is all about the American worker.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Says the Christian mocker.

No one is supposed to push. Jesus Himself said he knocks on the door and waits for an invite. No one should be forcing anything. Thats why I have an issue with this whole Bible pushed into schools crap.

And I never said Oklahoma wasnt pushing it. I was referring to your "billions" claim. Most Christians..as in a large majority...arent pushing anything on you.

You probably think I push it on you for speaking my faith on a message board that you choose to come to.

But if I said pride month is pushing something ...and then mocked it as I did it...many here would lose their minds. To deny that is just being snow blind in your own drift.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    You need to tell this to your fellow Christians. My wife just got a phone call from one, a stranger, who left her a message about Jesus. Could you talk to this person and tell her to lay off? Thanks.

4. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I don’t remember reading about Jesus pushing the government to spread his word. In fact he seemed to invent the concept of separation of church and state with his whole “Render unto Caesar…” comment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. tilly

I got a phone call the other day asking me to vote for the politicians that support a woman's right to choose. Will you tell them to stop pushing that on me?

I'm sure your wife will recover from having to delete a voice mail.

If thats what you call "pushing" you probably get aggravated by a lot of things

6. tilly

You're not wrong.

7. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    But we should be able to agree that state Depts of Ed shouldn't be bulk purchasing religious tomes?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. tilly

Yes. Agree. Outside of just basic library stock maybe.

Even as a "one way to truth" believer, i would still not want that because so many other beliefs would have to be represented that I disagree with.

Allow kids to share their faith.
    Allow teachers if (outside of any teaching) to share their faith.
    Allow Bibles voluntarily in every pocket that wants one.

But dont force some atheist to teach from a document that I value.

...and dont even get me started about the Trump Bible putting non scripture (pledge etc) in it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    :emoji_thinking: . . . . verdict . . . . irony

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Yeah, that's what I call 'pushing'. What would you call some stranger calling you and trying to get you to do something you don't want to do? And it's just one tiny example that literally happened today. The millions of us who want nothing to do with your religion have had to deal with stuff like that all our lives. Stuff like mandating bibles in classrooms, which you meekly say you don't support but that so many others in your religion do support. So could you please talk to the people in your religion and tell them to stop trying to dictate their beliefs and their morality to the rest of us?

And it's ironic that you bring up abortion, because your people led the charge to take that right away. That's just another example of your religion trying to control the rest of us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tilly

You haven't dealt with that "all your life". Any nore than any of us deal with anything else. I am middle aged and have never gotten a phone call trying to convert me and have never been in any church that does that. Im sorry she got a call from a rando and had to hit the delete button on her phone. Pushing would be continuing to convert you if you asked them to leave you alone. Many people do want to hear and it isnt pushing to just find out who those people are.

Pushing isn't just asking a question

As for abortion, are we supposed to just vote the way that you prefer we do? No other opinions welcome?

12. tilly

I'll bite. How so?

13. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    During that period Romans were the gov by force. not like our gov that we (supposedly) elect. the Pharisees were also leaders and a “government” for the Jewish people. They had significant control of their customs and day to day life. And Jesus was in frequent conflict with the Pharisees.
    But I agree on separation of church and state. especially as evangelical maga Christians follow an individual like Trump and elect him to represent them and potentially all of us.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2024
  14. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Very condescending. You still think this about one phone call? That's the problem here. Just go back and read the OP. That and so much other stuff like it is what this is about. The phone call is just one minuscule example that happened today. If it were just the occasional annoying unsolicited phone call we would not be having this conversation.

As for abortion, you are welcome to have your own opinion over what you want to do with your own body. And you should allow others the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    You take offense at posters mocking Christianity, pointing out their mockery (true, posters are mocking Christianity here). You proceed to claim that their opinions make them look small. Claiming that someone looks small is a matter of derision, ridicule, or . . . . yes . . . mockery.

16. tilly

I dont consider mockery an opinion. The mockery makes one look small not the opinion.

I have no issue with @enviroGator. I think he's a good dude. We actually agree here more than he may realize. Just thought the mocking tone was uncool

17. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    This is gibberish and completely absent of logic or anything that resembles coherency. Start with the fact that the mockery is the opinion. You can try to figure it out or not, but the simple truth is that you mocked those who mocked Christianity. That's a plain fact. Own it or continue your equivocation.

18. tilly

Geez thats a bit strong for a post that i spent a majority of saying I agree with the poster often and have no issue with.

But as for your response...
    Is this where people on the left respond with "its ok to be intolerant of the intolerant"?

Am I doing it right?

Mocking isnt calling something out. Mocking is a tone. Its almost like making fun of something.

I was not making fun of him.

19. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I know we agree on most things. I poke you from time to time because I know you are a good guy too, and are salvageable. Your stance on Trump. Your actual job is helping the needy. Your stance on insurance. etc.

I think you are one issue away from being a full blown radical extremist Marxist commie like me. :)

Now if we can just get folks like you, to not just not vote for Trump to go the full measure and vote for Kamala we could give Trump the second flushing he deserves and maybe return our country to sanity.

Voting for Kamala doesn't make you a Democrat, it makes you a patriot.

• Like Like x 1
  20. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    "your religion..." You carelessly and unfairly splattered Tilly with your broad based paint brush in this post. It's evident in the many posts about religion or faith in this forum, Christians - or so called - are known and recognized under banners that frequently clash with conflicting views and practices. None of these offenses is attributable to the way Tilly practices his faith or lives his life. Please to lay your resentments at the feet of another.

A religion that seeks to control is a failed religion, from the time Constantine crawled into bed with the incipient Roman Church, then growing in favor with the people of 4th century CE Rome.

The intent of religion likely sprang from a desire to explain natural phenomena by ascribing power to natural forces, and create cohesion and promote conforming, acceptable behaviors among people.