Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OK school boss announces all teachers will have a Bible & teach from it

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Jun 27, 2024.

1. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    OK school boss ain’t backing down. I never knew there were so many radical leftists (those who oppose the policy) in Oklahoma.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    MAGA Oklahoma official hires Project 2025 mastermind to write state history standards

Ryan Walters, the controversial far-right Oklahoma state education chief, has put together a team to rewrite the school's history standards — including one of the key architects of Project 2025.

Also on Walters' task force are Dennis Prager, the namesake of the right-wing youth propaganda video mill known as PragerU which has, among other things, produced animated cartoons of abolitionist Fredrick Douglass calling slavery a "compromise;" and David Barton, a Texas-based activist who preaches that the First Amendment's guarantee of separation of church and state is a myth.

Walters has previously authorized the use of PragerU materials as classroom instructional content in Oklahoma, and gave a state library standards advisory position to Chaya Raichik, the operator of the anti-LGBTQ "LibsOfTikTok" account, despite her having no expertise in public education or libraries, and despite her social media activity having allegedly inspired domestic terrorism threats against schools and hospitals. He has also ordered schools to teach from the Bible as a "historical" document.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Figures, coming soon to other states near you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Barton, Prager, and Raichik.

Another instance where when an idea like this is mentioned a Trumper accuses you of being hysterical. And then BAM!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Yeah, it seems more public figures are openly promoting Christian Nationalism. Not a coincidence at all.

Josh Hawley Says Quiet Part Out Loud on Christian Nationalism

“Some will say I’m calling America a Christian nation. And so I am. Some will say I’m advocating Christian nationalism. And so I do. My question is: Is there any other kind worth having?” Hawley said at the conference’s gala dinner Monday night.

The Missouri Republican defended his statement by claiming that American democracy was founded by Christian nationalism, which is also America’s political tradition. He also spoke of replacing the Pride flag on federal buildings with the words “In God We Trust.”

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Making the children of Oklahoma dumber one day at a time. And these folks rail on liberal indoctrination in schools. Farcical

• Like Like x 2
  7. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    This is what the gop wants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    As you likely know, RWers DO view schools as “indoctrination centers.” Their beef is that they aren’t. And they intend to rectify that.

• Agree Agree x 2