Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ohio cop shoots and kills golden retriever after she ran towards him

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Jul 12, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Let's stay on topic and quit swiping at each other.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Of course you would trust them, you’re a police coddler. Par for the course for your ilk.

3. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I can't help laughing at posters on this thread. If he was called there about a dog bite and there are multiple unleashed dogs running around and one charges at him it is a justified shoot if that is the way it happened........as for the poster who asked me about the where I thought the video was edited....it's pretty obvious, the sound has been muted in several places to start with.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Yep I actually respect the law.
    Funny how that works. I don’t find myself in LE entanglements.
    You love criminals. Makes me wonder what you’re up to…

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Wonder if you’d feel the same if a cop put a slug between the eyes of your pooch. You’d probably still defend them lol

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  6. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Meanwhile you happily vote for them LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  7. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    More curs should be removed from the streets to keep citizens safer.
    You seem to be encouraging behavior that would foster a very dangerous America.

8. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Important to consider both sides of the shooting tail wagging golden retrievers and leaving them to die debate

9. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Yep, we all vote for politicians.
    Dumb point.

10. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    It starts muted because he has just activated his body worn camera. The other mutes are most likely cursing and after the fact.

Also, the cop likely has a taser and pepper spray. If he would have used either, he wouldn't have had to fire 7 shots in a neighborhood and this folks would still have their dog.

11. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Too many shitty dog owners out there. Carry on....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I wouldn’t necessarily say irresponsible owner without knowing more. I’m not watching the clip, because I don’t want to see the dog get shot, so apologies if the video shows that the owner was negligent. But my Golden is always looking for an opportunity to escape the yard, off leash. Slightest crack opening and she’s gone then we have to run after her. She’s harmless unless you try to take something from her that she’s guarding, but it would be very obvious to someone that that is what is going on. She will give her life to protect the wife, kids, or our smaller dog. She’d let me get attacked or killed without blinking, though :D.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Did the police officer mute the camera?

So let's say he's on edge about a dog on the loose that might be a physical threat. Did he come prepared for that threat? I don't think a firearm is the best way to handle that situation. Even *if* the first shot can be deemed justifiable, were any of the other shots? I look at situations like this and just see a lot that can be improved on all around; not just for the police officer's side of things either...

As a dog owner, you *have* to know that others aren't going to love your dogs as much as you do, some people may even have an irrational fear of dogs, not everybody knows that your dog is coming up seeking the same sort of love and affection that most people may give your dog in a similar setting. Dog owners *have* to know this and respond accordingly. Maybe she did; maybe she was trying to reassure the police officer that the dogs were not a threat to him. My commentary is less about her potential culpability and more about what I think about in terms of how dog owners should behave going forward.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    Let me know when the nationwide protests start over this dog getting killed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Lol I doubt you would find a cop around here who would shoot my dog Spider even if she was attacking them.... I live across the street from the mayor and his dog and my dog are sisters from the same litter. They look alike. No cop around here is gonna take the chance of shooting the mayor's dog. I've got good voice control of Spider and she knows the limits of her yard when I do let her off leash.

• Like Like x 1
  16. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    i think transgender threads about shooting people or dogs is fair game. This thread isnt here cuz of who this cop was but what he did. The nuance im sure is lost on you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Happy that my neighbor didn’t call the cops on the bear on her front porch last week. Not sure cops here carry hi-capacity mags needed to finish the job.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. insuragator

insuragator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They wont bother you. Very docile and will run if approached.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. insuragator

insuragator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I disagree with almost everything in this forum as you know. However, as a responsible gun owner you do not fire in a neighborhood into concrete. Ricochets happen and YOU are ultimately responsible for the bullet fired. Any could have hit a kid across the road etc. Don't know the whole situation so I will not judge. I would blame poor training.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Looks like a Labrador, not a Golden, to me. But labs are usually sweethearts, just like Goldens.

Haven't seen any coyotes, but we can't leave our trash out due to bears in my neighborhood. They come out of the nearby state park.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.