Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT-Florida vs USF 4/19/2023 6:00 pm Game 1 ESPNU

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by GatorGrowl, Apr 19, 2023.

1. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    No..I said he didn't but others here have
    I don't think the poster meant anything but joking around there

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Over a large career sample size, and a solid season sample size Kistler IS the better hitter. One can argue matchups and "hot hand", but it was certainly reasonable to question Wilkie. I don't think many would have questioned Kistler or Gigante pinch hitting there....I know it crossed my mind.
    One of the great joys if baseball and softball, kicking around lineups, when to pull pitchers, when to pinch hit, when to bunt, etc, etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    What?

4. orangeblue77

orangeblue77 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    It’s not you MC it was 1990

5. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Love Kistler too..but again we are not privy to what is happening behind the scenes and at practice...I am sure Coach knows what he is doing...I only pointed out that I am happy he didn't listen to us fans lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    This was the post

7. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    I think, as much as I love her Kistler is struggling but only for the moment. I’m super excited that Wilkie got an opportunity and just decided to hit a grand slam! Kistler btw will get hot again around postseason time. I have no doubt s.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    I don’t know about y’all but I’m looking forward to the weekend and making some volunteers wish they didn’t!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I didn’t read the whole thread, but see there’s some back and fourth on the Kistler/Wilkie situation. I believe Kistler was removed from the game for not hustling to get the ball that went off of Echol’s glove in the second. She was removed at her next at bat and did not re-enter. I was watching the blue’s stare at each other waiting for a fair/foul call so I didn’t see what Kistler was doing, but my wife and the folks around me all said Kistler was just trotting over there like it was a foul ball, while the USF players were rounding the bases. Moral to the story, I don’t think Kistler was coming back in this game for any reason.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  11. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Imo Kistler has been struggling on both sides lately but let’s not forget she lost her father not that long ago and has had to overcome more in her short life than most of us in a lifetime. Regardless of what happens on the diamond I will forever be a Katie Kistler fan. And just wait, I suspect she’ll be lighting things up soon enough. As MC unfortunately has to remind us all too often these ladies are human and we don’t know what’s going on off the field. Also none of our business.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Cya all Saturday! CTW miked up Monday?

13. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Thanks - But to clear up why I made that original post, Emily Wilkie and Sam Roe are the 2 best bunters on the team. When Wilkie pinch hit for Kistler early in the game, I thought it was to sac bunt. That was the logical move, IMO. We had runners on 1st and 2nd. But she didn't bunt. Don't know if she didn't get the right pitch to bunt or whether Coach Walton had her up there to hit. I was totally unaware of the later claim that Kistler didn't hustle on the ball that glanced off Echols' glove and Coach removed her for that reason. The fact is, though, that for the last 2 years, Katie Kistler has been a better hitter than Emily Wilkie. The only point I was trying to make was that Wilkie was the better bunter, yet she didn't bunt. I'm thrilled that Emily got to play the rest of the game and got 2 hits, including the game winning grand slam. What a confidence boost for her. I'm, also, a big Wilkie fan and have stated throughout the season I thought she should be playing more. However, I'm also a big Katie Kistler fan. She came out of nowhere last year to become a tremendous outfielder and an above .350 hitter who contributed mightily to the WCWS team. And she's been very steady this year, although admittedly in a little slump of late. I'm also fully aware of her personal situation and can't imagine the extra stress that puts on a college player who's in the media spotlight like all Gator athletes. I was NOT showing preference to one player over another and always want the best from and for ALL of our players and coaches and I'm sorry if my comment on that post was taken the wrong way. I hate it when Gator fans start sniping at each other. We're not always going to agree on every issue and should be free to express our opinions and post criticisms as well as praise. But in all kinds of weather, we do need to stick together, right??!!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I respect you and your input, you are very knowledgeable, and I appreciate you..I also dislike sniping..but the sniping I dislike more than anything is at our players that work hard and represent UF and try to the best of their ability...
    Go Gators! Beat those Vols...

• Like Like x 1
  15. notexgator

notexgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    At the game the 6 of us saw why KK was pulled in the 2nd inning. On the double off of Charla's glove she dogged it over to pick it up. She then threw a semi nonchalant throw to Skylar who bearly missed the runner going home. Also rember a game 2 weeks ago when she was in CF and ran into Pal when she did not call the ball. After the non hustle. CTW met her at the dugout, spoke to her and then sent her back to the bench, enter Emily. I know KK has a better batting Average and is faster than Emily BUT I think CTW sent a very powerful and needed message to the entire team about hustle and having a "Skylar" attitude on every play, particularly before our TN series. Good for Tim.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Very well said, I’ll go so far as to say you’re a wordsmith. You have my respect.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    Btw we have no chance against Tennessee so I’m gonna be really happy when we win the series. I won’t rub the naysayers face in it. ;)

18. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Legend

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    When Ocalaman speaks people listen. He is the man on this forum. I don't always agree with him but I have learned more from reading his posts about college Gator softball than any other source.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Do you use that around your kids? you better hope the moderator doesn't google it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2023
  20. orangeblue77

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    My bad, I was in the moment. I apologize.

• Friendly Friendly x 1