Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT-Florida vs. Texas A&M Amalie Arena | Tampa, Fla. SEC Tourna

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by GatorGrowl, Mar 9, 2022.

1. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    NIT here we come.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

We had at least one publicly state it for the record. He went as far as to admit he was hoping hurt guys couldn't play so White would lose.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. bgator85

bgator85 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sarasota
    Think our non-conference schedule ended being pretty easy this year, was rated something like 250th in Ken Pom. Was hurting us in potential bids.

4. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    Disagree. When Billy strengthened the schedule we immediately started to improve our play in March.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    I told you before the conference games started this team wouldn’t make the tournament. The Texas Southern game showed me all I needed to see in regards of what to expect for this season. White needs to go and this was most likely the last nail in the coffin. Looking forward to the next head coach.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gatorhead5

Gatorhead5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Our Non Con SOS was 212 this year. Easier schedule is NOT the answer IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. tilly

Thats not what he meant. He's prematurely spiking the ball over White's departure.

8. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    of course it matters, A&M gave great effort on both ends for 45 minutes, we gave full effort for maybe ten. That’s why we lost. It wasn’t because of a miracle shot, the refs, or any other garbage excuses. Give the effort we gave late for the whole game and we win that game going away. A&M did it, but apparently we couldn’t be bothered, even with our season on the line.
    A&M’s first 13 points were 4 layups, an open three and a simple turnaround in the paint. They were 10-13 to start the game. They were .500 for the game from three.
    So yeah, it matters. But great comeback so another moral victory. Hopefully we hang that banner somewhere because we probably set a record for them this year.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. tilly

Congrats. Where should I send your Aggie Yell Leader outfit?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Agator88

Agator88 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 7, 2014
    Lane and Reeves showed some promise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. gogators73

gogators73 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 30, 2007
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Yep. Ordinarily I would complain about how lucky Texas A&M was, but if we just played with high effort for most of the game it’s an easy win.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    It happens to other schools, too. It’s not just UF. We’ve done it to other schools. It’s part of the game. Reeves contested that shot as best you could without either blocking the shot or fouling. He made a tough shot. I have lost games where a bum with wacky form hits a clutch fade away three point shot over three defenders. It happens.

13. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    Well that was a suckage ending.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Sports isn’t about who played better for more minutes during a game. It’s not about who gave the most visible effort. I don’t think we ever didn’t try, BTW. That’s disrespectful. We didn’t execute, and that’s totally different.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007

When you play with a tight margin of error then random things can kill you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    The worst....a comeback that gives hope then a knife to the gut at the end.

Ugh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    A fitting end to a frustrating season. It wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't started the year with such promise.

18. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Legend

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    How many times this season has a poor shooter suddenly become lights out when facing our team? I hear the same excuse being made game after game when poor shooters on the other team suddenly become Michael Jordan against us. I can think of several SEC games where similar comments were made about the reason a poor shooter went off against us again just being bad luck. 2-3 games is bad luck, while more than that becomes a pattern.

Is it bad luck when an opposing team starts the game lights out against us digging a monster hole for the team to overcome? The past 3 games have had similar storylines. The team comes out sluggish and falls behind by double digits, and then slowly claws their way back into the game by the end of the game. I think that lack of intensity may explain why these players have those type of games against us. You give a player confidence, and they will perform much better than if you step on their throat and give them no hope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    Calling someone a hater is name calling in my book - just going to have to leave it at that - we just disagree.

20. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    FWIW, per TOS, the rumor is White was heading to Ole Miss with a win or loss today…

Might explain the uninspired play for the majority of the game

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1