Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT-Florida @ Texas A&M Feb. 15, 2022 | 7 p.m. ET SEC Network

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by GatorGrowl, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    You forgot Equestrian!!! Why don't we have Equestrian? With Ocala right here we could be dominating Auburn and Georgia in another sport.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    After having just read 521 posts, I am awarding the post of the game to ApexNC.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    tampajack, CMW just said after the game, we played great defense. My thought, against Texas A & M, they couldn’t shoot threes very well, so maybe we don’t need great defense, maybe decent defense and an offense that score from the inside on the road and wear them down. we had the best player in the game who could do it and others if told to get inside, score, rebound and get fouled if nothing else. Well we waited to the last ten minutes of the game to finally be aggressive and work it inside. we came up short. The story of all our losses the last seven years. As for Naismith, he helped kick Texas A&M out of the Southwest Conference. LOL.

4. jareduf

jareduf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bala Cynwyd, PA
    If White is back next year, I'm at a loss and there is no reason at that point that SS keeps his job. It's been obvious for awhile but after the A&M it should be clear as day. I really wanted the Gators to win but this team is so painful to watch. SS better make a good hire. He's on the clock.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    Couple that with consistently poor shooting nights and you end up with mediocrity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Technical foul swap was something you see every game, right? Our player gets his hand swatted to cause a ball to go out and the refs review it, see they missed foul and still reverse call on court. You see that every game I suppose?
    I didn't say we did not deserve to lose, we did.

• Like Like x 4
  7. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I posted several weeks ago I thought Mike was going to get one more year (but he did not deserve it) for no other reason than the attention that football and Napier is absorbing. I also said things would change if the team checks out.

This game wasn't the team "checking out" per se, but it clearly showed it does not have what it takes to push through certain types of teams. I thought aTm's defense just took them WAY out of any offensive rhythm. We don't have a team whose offense can do different things when our regular offense isn't working. Our defense was okay but not what we saw early in the season. I see a team who is wearing out and getting weary. Injuries or not.

This game feels like a regime changer. It may just be my fatigue but it feels like the Missouri game in football this last season. I don't think Mike is going to cobble together a series of wins that will save his job.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    The opponent had calls that didn’t go their way either. Take off the O and B glasses . We cry about the Announcers , the refs, the other teams fans . When things don’t go our way we just bitch about it. Grow up and play harder is what Gator athleoneeds to do. I hate excuses.

9. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    We did play well on defense, but A&M’s defense was better than ours. A&M’s strategy of doubling Castleton whenever he got the ball is the roadmap for beating the Gators unless CC gets it out to open shooters or cutters and they score. That said, CC is the one legit big time player on this team right now.

10. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    I think you need to work on your reading comprehension. I didn't mention those calls as an excuse and went out of my way to point that out. I posted about calls soon after those calls happened at end game - not feeling great about loss and mad about calls.
    But I am lucky to have an all grown up gator poster here to impart the wisdom that fans bitch and moan and are somewhat biased. Where else could I get nuggets like "the opponent had calls that didn't go there way either?" Next time I see refs review and overturn calls against the Gator at critical points in the game, I'll remember what the wise one said and just quietly take off those O&B glasses now that I've been to the mountain top.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach

12. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    I knew you would get there Ben . And for a reference point concerning reading comprehension… I was just a Physical Ed Major. So guilty as charged!

• Like Like x 2
  13. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes I know blaming the refs is a bad look, but we got some crappy calls at critical times. That happens. It still pisses me off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    The applebey call was particularly bad. That red made a call on presumption or appearance not on what he saw. It lead to 2 points on what otherwise would have been a lost possession late in the game. Still though, we were up 4 with a minute left....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Understand completely

16. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Of course ESPN U has the game on instant classic. They love showing Gator losses. Bastids

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    Bad calls happen every game to every team. We usually notice only the ones made against our team.

18. gatorstrackman

gatorstrackman GC Legend

Nov 24, 2021
    As long as they interview and give the winning medals to the horse.