Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT-Florida Gators vs LSU 10/15/2022 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Oct 12, 2022.

1. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    You talking about AR right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gatorstrackman

gatorstrackman GC Legend

Nov 24, 2021
    Yep. And I’m guessing he isn’t getting much help from whomever he’s talking to upstairs on the headphones. Even Fun an’ Gun Spurrier would’ve taken the FG there.

3. gatorstrackman

gatorstrackman GC Legend

Nov 24, 2021
    Was hoping someone else noticed that.
    I said right after “Was that a blitz!? Hadn’t seen that in a while. And guess what? It worked again.”
    Aggressiveness breeds aggressiveness and we have to start blitzing a lot more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    I've sobered up a little. Honestly, I wouldn't have liked that call even if it benefitted us. That was a crazy call - he didn't try to hurt the QB in my opinion and the D was desperately trying to stop them. The pressure that we were putting on him caused the interception. Our defense FINALLY stepped up after being abused the whole game and created a play. That being said, we still got beat. I think the team had it in them to win but we were vulnerable to a shitty call because we just couldn't stop an average offense all night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We lost those great defenses with Muschamp's firing. McElweenie lived off the fumes for a couple of years and once the defense couldn't carry his putrid offense, he got canned.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Hmm I remember a 3rd and 23 with muschamp against lsu..we ended up losing that game too

7. Eggy21

Eggy21 GC Legend

Dec 8, 2010
    Westerly, RI
    Then McElwain's offensive recruits carried Mullen for 2-3 years and when they all graduated, well, we see the current results.

As far as I'm concerned, Mullen left behind a worse legacy than all of Zook, Muschamp and McElwain did. At least those three left behind talent for their replacements to work with. Mullen left behind a bunch of G5 level talents who all think they're Bama-caliber talents.

Napier has his warts, no doubt. But I'm honestly unsure how he can be facing a majority of the blame for this. Three of our four best players are literally two transfers from ULL and a true freshman RB (Ventrell is the only Mullen era guy consistently pulling his weight). Mullen gave him almost nothing to work with here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. gator10

gator10 GC Legend

Nov 23, 2015
    LSU’s quarterback had entirely too much time to throw early in the game. Once we let him get hot, it was over. We’ve got to learn how to pressure a quarterback.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. gator10

gator10 GC Legend

Nov 23, 2015
    I hate to say this but I don’t think Tom petty gave a wink about football or the Florida gators.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. g0ggles

g0ggles Senior

Sep 8, 2012
    Norfolk, Virginia
    I remember that game & play. Told my youngest if we give up this 1st down, we deserved to lose.

11. g0ggles

g0ggles Senior

Sep 8, 2012
    Norfolk, Virginia
    I'm starting to understand some of decisions made by this coach. Haven't agree ls with them all, but I get. There is a severe lack of depth & talent at key spots (wr, te, dt, lb, s, cb). The fruits of Mullens labor (or lack there of) is showing thru. He did what was necessary thru the portal... but he truly sh*t the bed in recruiting & development

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I remember lots of those over the last 12 years..
    I remember muschamp when questioned ask reporters if they knew what a midline was lol..we soon forget don't we..short memories..
    I also remember the awful offensive side of the ball with him...Cheeseburger Charlie..smh Pease...

• Like Like x 1
  13. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    All the love for Mullen as a savant here. Remember, he was only half a savant, that nobody could stand. Just my impression from a couple encounters his first time here.

I don’t like to criticize the players as it is the coaches job to make them better. So one or both groups are sub optimal here. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I met Mullen on several occasions...he was ok..a bit full of himself...Napier is totally different..when I met him..warm friendly..seemed to genuinely take an interest in me as a person..not fake..humble..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Never.

16. florida72

florida72 Senior

Dec 31, 2019
    I’m watching the highlights of this game and some of you are just riding Dean when he wasn’t the one responsible. Yes, Dean has rightfully earned criticism but you know who got ate up a lot? Jadyn Hill. Watch the replay and you’ll see #23 was responsible. Now, I’m not gonna bash him because he’s not the entire defense and he played great last week. Jalen Kimber, #8, gave up a score that I think most of us thought would get knocked down. But it wasn’t.

All in all, our DBs are just not good consistently and it will only be fixed through recruiting. In other words, next years crop of DBs have a good chance of taking spots in my opinion.
    The DL is also a disappointment. Ever notice how our guys are blocked at contact but stay blocked? And they’re not even being held. Hopefully some of the new recruits will have a mean side because we just aren’t mean enough.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. bposs

bposs GC Hall of Fame

Sep 3, 2010
    Woodstock, GA
    Also seemed like the db had their hands in on some of this 50/50 balls, but the lsu receivers just did a better job.