Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) OGT-Florida at Kentucky 5/6/23 3:00 pm ESPNU

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by GatorGrowl, May 6, 2023.

1. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Uk left 11 runners on base...

2. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Yes..very frustrating for sure...
    We can still win the series..
    Go Gators!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gatorgab

gatorgab Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Which is why I said they deserved to win. They created way more opportunities, just couldn’t get the timely hit. Against us though you don’t need hits - just wait for the walks, hit by pitch, and defensive implosion.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I watch and don't give up until our last out...hoping we might pull thru...almost did...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Legend

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    Gators have only won 3 of their last 10 games. Totally unacceptable by Florida standards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I agree with much of what you said...but we managed to make it last night..uk did tonight..hopefully we pull through tomorrow..

• Like Like x 1
  7. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    Was 2019 the last time Florida failed to sweep an SEC series?

8. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    Tough loss but proud of Florida for fighting back and almost pulling out the win. With Kentucky definitely need more than a one run lead in the bottom of the 7th.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    You must not have watched must this year! :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. VegasGator91

VegasGator91 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Just not a good team overall. We will have to win with youth next season especially in the circle. I don't think you can start too many returnees next year outside of Wallace, Walsh, Falby, and possibly Roe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gatorgab

gatorgab Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Honestly it doesn’t matter. They’re in a fight for mediocrity. I’m not that interested. Same shit happens with football and basketball. People lose interest. I did go to the Wonen’s Tennis Regional today

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I hear you..but the only thing you can do is not watch them anymore..or continue to support them thru thick and thin..
    I have followed the Gators since Ray Graves was our coach then AD..followed all sports..and been thru great seasons, poor seasons, mediocre seasons..and I guess I prefer to be an optimistic person..I love my Alma mater and my Gator sports teams..will never lose interest..heck...been a season ticket holder and booster since 1985..renewed again for football 2023..won't ever give up on my Gators

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  13. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    The beginning of a new season for me is one of a fresh start and I am always optimistic
    Baseball is struggling tonight too

14. gatorgab

gatorgab Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I’ve pretty much never missed a Gator home game (other than for very extenuating circumstances) since 1977 - my freshman year. That includes living in Miami from 1983 to 2021. Since I moved to Gainesville I pretty much attend most sports. Football is a must, but I’m just not as intense about the Gators anymore. Want them to win, but if they’re hard to watch I stop going. Life is too short to get frustrated. I walk out of bad artistic performances also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Legend

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    Comparing football and basketball is not quite fair. Softball team has only had one bad year. Football and basketball have been mired in mediocrity for several years. Football and basketball would kill to have a recruiting class as good as the softball team has coming in.

• Like Like x 1
  16. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    I walk out of bad artistic performances also. When I go to hear music, I'm just there for the sound. I have no interest in the people making the music.

When I go to softball, I'm there for the game, of course, and want us to win every game. But I'm also there to follow each member of the team. I may not "know" them, but I've followed each of their paths since they've joined the team. I know that Wilkie is struggling to stay in the lineup right now so each AB is important. I know that Kistler was benched in the doghouse after a lack of effort during a game a couple of weeks ago and I have rooted for her to work her way back into the everyday lineup. Almost every player has a story.

This may be the worst team since I have followed UF softball, but they are still my team. In all kinds of weather, We'll all stick together, for F-L-O-R-I-D-A...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  17. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I guess I see things differently..I enjoy just going to Gainesville and seeing the team and players..I don't see it as a waste of my time...win or lose..I may get disappointed..but not frustrated, so many other things to be concerned about in life that are more serious than a game....I feel a connection to our teams..and for me, I will continue to support them physically and financially...they are one of my enjoyments :), have met so many of our players and coaches...the players are such nice kids..hard not to like and support them..I guess I feel a lot like johnny...I follow their careers at UF, get get to "know them and care about them" I know they are just as disappointed as we fans are..maybe more so because of all the time, effort and hard work they put in and they are so invested..I think at time we fans tend to forget these are kids trying to do the best they can..

Last edited: May 6, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. 1990Gator

1990Gator VIP Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Can’t wait for fall ball and we see a real catcher play the position behind the plate.

19. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    By "real" I assume you mean someone who has played the position growing up and thus has experience in the position and the knowledge that comes with that.

I've been one of the most critical of some of our current catcher's decision making and performance, but I've never doubted that she's giving it her all. She's doing her best to learn a new position to plug the hole Cottrill left after suddenly departing via the portal. I give her props for that and would never suggest for a second that she's not a real catcher.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. orangeblue77

orangeblue77 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2023
    Florida
    After our last “misunderstanding “ I’d have thought you’d attach that little smiley emoji to your post to show your “true “ intent like we talked about in dms. Hopefully you just forgot, if you didn’t then there’s only one category to classisify your post….Petty

• Funny Funny x 1