Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) Official Game Thread LSU @ UF - Monday 7 pm SECN

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by ocalaman, Apr 8, 2024.

1. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    I seen our baseball team in action. We such be singing the praise of our softball team.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. jacksonvillejeff

jacksonvillejeff Sophomore

Apr 4, 2024
    Maybe, maybe not. I know that the lower half of our lineup is extremely suspect. A lot more deeper lineups all around. I think we need to continue pushing for experienced portal players the same way Gasso does so that our pitchers, who have done a phenomenal job, can win us another NC.

Agree to disagree about Wallace. Lorenz was lightyears ahead at the plate. Haeger was a dominant force on the mound and at the plate. Moultrie has had a decorated career. Could Wallace be a top 5 all-time UF player, yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. jacksonvillejeff

Apr 4, 2024
    I'm just pointing out that our starting 2B has 10 total hits on the season and leads the team in errors. I'm sorry but that's a questionable statistic.

4. jacksonvillejeff

Apr 4, 2024
    Doesn't look like the #1 freshmen class. We have 2 great pitchers. No hitting to speak of.
    I'm a fan watching the games. It's what fans do. I cheer when we play good. I don't cheer when we do things like chase rise balls and drop balls all the time. I think fair criticism is warranted.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    But when criticism turns to personal attacks that are read by players and parents it becomes unacceptable and plain rude.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. GatorsOTK

GatorsOTK Senior

Jan 19, 2012
    If it’s a game on the line who do I want at the plate question, it’s Amanda Lorenz. If it’s a question of a full season of production, it’s Skylar Wallace. If you call the hitting numbers a wash, Skylar turns her OBP into havoc on the basepaths and plays a more premium position.

• Like Like x 1
  7. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    This.

It's called good coaching.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I love Amanda Lorenz. However, Skylar Wallace is in the same league as her and other all-time Gator greats. The stats bear that out. #1 career BA - Wallace @ .413; Lorenz #2 @.407. #1 career slugging % - Wallace @ .790; Lorenz #4 @ .690. #1 on base % - Wallace @ .566; Lorenz #2 @ .549. #3 in stolen bases - Wallace @ 82 and will finish career at #2; Lorenz not in Top 10. Haeger, to me, was the best all around player in Gator history, but compare her freshman numbers to Ava Brown and you'll see they're pretty similar. Let's see how Brown's career plays out to see if she finishes in the same discussion at Haeger.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. jacksonvillejeff

Apr 4, 2024
    It's laughable to even compare them honestly. If you asked 100 knowledgeable softball players would they draft Lorenz or Wallace first you'd have 100 picking Lorenz.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. jacksonvillejeff

Apr 4, 2024
    It's not about stats. Pitchers weren't giving Lorenz much to hit.
    I'm not making a negative comparison. It's just who I think is a better softball player.

11. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

You sound like a miserable fellow. We get it. You are the smartest in the room and the rest of us just minions. Now quit.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. jacksonvillejeff

Apr 4, 2024
    I didn't make a personal attack. I said she's terrible (at fielding and hitting). That's an honest evaluation when the player is statistically hitting worst and leads the team in errors and panic plays. Whatever factor is in play with Walton to continue starting her is just beyond me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. jacksonvillejeff

Apr 4, 2024
    An actual personal attack.

14. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Anyone ever heard of Healey’s first law of holes?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    So when you don't like the facts, you say they don't matter. And you think pitchers don't pitch around Wallace??!! And of course you've been making negative comparisons. All you've done is criticize and berate players and our coach's decisions. Enough already!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Fully justified, too, by @manigordo.

17. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

That you sound like a miserable fellow? Before I put you ignore, my point is simply that most of us are here to support and ENJOY the team as fellow fans. Sure there are valid criticisms but all you do is complain. Yes, you appear to be a miserable person.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. jacksonvillejeff

Apr 4, 2024
    Wow, dramatic much. I criticized the play of one single player. Which I think everyone is in agreement with. I think stats can be misleading and don't tell the full story at times. I bet if you dove deeper into Wallace there'd be some advantages toward Mandy softball. Again, not a criticism but comparison of 2 great players.

19. jacksonvillejeff

Apr 4, 2024
    You guys have fun. I'll just stick with NBN from now on. Good lord lol.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  20. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1