Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) Official Game Thread LSU @ UF - Monday 7 pm SECN

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by ocalaman, Apr 8, 2024.

1. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    I know! I apologize for that. I should NEVER doubt my gators

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    This didn't age well.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    Gators batted 191 tonight, committed 2 errors, and gave up 5 earned runs and won. Amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Out team batting average is only 357 and we average over 8.6 runs per game (which would be higher if all those run rules hadn't shortened so many games). Surprised the pitchers haven't gone on strike given such little offensive support:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Porschegator

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    LSU must be totally devastated. They blow a 4 run lead but then strike out the leading hitter in the SEC for the final out in the 8th and loose. Oh my!

6. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Beth Deiter Torina is a Gator at heart. I'm sure she's OK with it! :devil:

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Lose.

8. jacksonvillejeff

jacksonvillejeff Sophomore

Apr 4, 2024
    You know damn well it's because we played a really weak OOC schedule this season. Our #18 in the RPI would indicate that.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. jacksonvillejeff

Apr 4, 2024
    Ugly weekend overall and there are definitely a few changes that need to be made. Hopefully our offense can regroup against Missouri. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2024
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. urban06

urban06 Sophomore

Dec 16, 2017
    Crow was good last night. Used a little leftover chicken rub and put in the deep frier. Hard to chew with foot in my mouth though. Good job ladies!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    You're just a ray of sunshine..... this team is good. Yet the offense is not going to light up the scoreboard every single game. Yes we build numbers in noncon.... obviously those numbers have continued in SEC. .357 is still a great team BA. RPI is about the dumbest formula that exists and is not indicative of how good a team actually is. Any formula that rewards a team for losing and punishes another for winning is flawed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jacksonvillejeff

Apr 4, 2024
    I'm not trying to be negative but the reality of the situation is that this lineup isn't rays of sunshine. Hell, I was jumping over rainbows when we had bats like Lorenz/Haeger. We don't have that type of threat or even close really. Wallace is good but I wouldn't describe her as a game changing player. They went right at her. I think she'll bounce back but some of the pitches we received needed to be hits instead of pop-ups.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Reminder: Over the top non constructive criticism, calling and bashing a specific player needs to stop...remember, parents and players read this board..

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    First off....Wallace isn't a game changing player?? That takes away your credibilty right off the bat. . Our roster is filled with them right now and this is the best lineup we have had since 2016. This is a game of failure. Even your best players are not always going to come through.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Since they never post, I've often wished that the rules of the board prohibited them from joining/reading. That way, if they did read, it would be assumption of the risk and we wouldn't have to be embarrassed by certain posters. But 100% agree that the poster above was over the top especially with the crack about parents -- that post should be deleted.

Where is the line, though? Is it fair game to express an opinion that someone should be benched if you are just citing facts for your opinion and not bashing? Like mentioning errors and batting average? But that could be seen as hurtful for the player to read and damaging to the player's confidence or morale. Clarity on the line would be helpful to insure that no one goes over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GatorsOTK

GatorsOTK Senior

Jan 19, 2012
    I think all but 5 or 6(if even that) teams in the country would trade their lineups for ours in a heartbeat. Wallace is the very definition of a game changing player and is probably the best softball player in UF history. I will agree that Mia Williams should not be starting anymore. AK-47 has been getting less starts than her recently while having better production, which frustrates me to no end. I doubt her parents have any impact on her playing time. Since they were both high level athletes, I think they understand that if she doesn’t play well then she shouldn’t be getting playing time. Probably has more to do with her pedigree and the potential coach Walton sees in her.

17. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    As of this morning, D1 Softball has the Gators at #7, the newly-instituted DSR ranking (which many are saying is the most accurate computerized system) has us at #8, with a SOS at #28, which is better than Oklahoma, Duke & Tennessee. The fact that our OOC SOS is so low is, to me, a combination of planning on the part of Coach Walton to ease this team along while building confidence, plus some of the teams that we played haven't turned out to be as good as they normally are. This team has an amazing blend of talent consisting of veterans, transfers and the #1 freshman class in the country. CTW is juggling all that mixture and has the team engaged, cohesive and competitive at an extremely high level and he continues to adjust the lineup as performance ebbs and flows. And all this with total reliance on 2 freshman pitchers. Considering that we were picked to finish 8th in the SEC and currently sit at 2nd, how anyone can criticize this team is beyond my comprehension.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
    • Winner x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  18. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    UF was RPI #14 on 3/31, not #18. UF is now #11 coming off taking 2 of 3 against LSU.

RPI (Live) 2024 College Softball | WarrenNolan.com

Is it possible for you to be reasonable and accurate? I doubt it.

19. Porschegator

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    I like the D1 Softball Ranking. The cheese is beginning to rise to the top. Go Gators.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jacksonvillejeff

Apr 4, 2024
    I guess that depends on your definition. Doesn't take away "credibility" away. I'm seeing what everyone, deep down, sees. Wallace is a great player but Amanda Lorenz is a game changing player.

I'd pump the brakes with calling this the best we've had since 2016. 2017 was better. 2020 and 2022 were arguably better. Right now we've got inflated stats because 2/3 of our games have come vs cupcakes.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2