Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Now I get Why all libs love Taylor Swift

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jan 31, 2024.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    If Taylor Swift did support Hamas, you all should probably learn Arabic now and buy a kefiyah, she's bigger than Jesus and the NFL

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Reminds me of a buddy who fell under the sway of some fundies and wanted me to understand that the Pope was the Whore of Babylon and that I was unknowingly worshipping Satan when I go to Mass, but didn't want me to feel offended that he kept telling me that and insisted I deal with those "facts".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  3. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    How much of it is it a generational thing? Much of the TS hatred is older. It’s more political now (maga) but going back to Jazz in the 20s, considered “Devil Music” at the time, there has been push back on what is immensely popular with a younger gen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I don't know, back when she was younger and country(ish) I thought she was kind of a wholesome "real America" type act, conservative coded, etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    To suggest that she has a mediocre voice and her lyrics are vapid doesn’t equate with hate. There are young singers and musicians that I really like.

6. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    All I can say is that if watching Taylor in a football game is too much for someone, that person better thank their luck stars they don’t have teenage daughters.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I don't recall responding to you personally, but if you felt a connection that is not my fault. This is TH and we call each other out regardless of how much fun we have in other forums. If you think she was giving money to hamas, then you WERE reading the wrong media. Sorry, not sorry.

PS I know you wont' leave ;) We womens are stronger than that

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    According to Jack, many of the women sitting near him.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. gatorswifty

gatorswifty Recruit

Jan 31, 2024
    I had to signup just so I could respond to this post. First off, Taylor is one of the most generous, giving celebs out there. Not just to her fans but to her employees. Two recent stories about Jane Fonda 2.0(disgusting and totally ignorant).

Example #1
    Taylor Swift Gives $55 Million in Bonuses to Everyone Working on Tour
    "The singer recently handed out $55 million in bonuses to everyone working on her tour — from the dancers and sound crew, to catering staff and truck drivers."

Example #2
    Taylor Swift tipped M&T Bank Stadium workers 100 dollars after Chiefs win over Ravens
    A generous tip
    A worker reported that she personally handed out blue notes, believed to be $100 bills, to about four workers, expressing her gratitude before leaving.

"Fast forward to the end of the game. I was moving some things downstairs and needed the freight elevator but yet again they had to hold it. This time none of our bosses were there to dispel us so security let us hang around. She was feverishly thanking everyone (employees) for our help and thanked us repeatedly."

"A coworker got her attention by calling her name then she walked over and asked her "Do you work here?". She then announced she'd tip all of us for our service and pulled out a blue money phone inside an envelope, very modestly. She personally handed about 4 of us a blue note while thanking us before taking off. I still can't believe it happened. We lost but what a day. Thank you Taylor!"

Back you you PRINCESS, if you believe she donated to Hamas I can only imagine what other garbage you fall for. Your post is irresponsible. Not only did you insult Taylor and us swifties; you fell back on trying to act like a good Christian routine. None of your actions align with being a good Christian. I don't know what your problems are but they run deep and I hope you get the help you seek.

Before defaming anyone as you did, at least do some minor research to actually confirm such a damaging accusation. Good luck to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I don’t doubt that she’s bigger than Jesus at present. Still, it would be interesting to check back in 2,000 years to find out what staying power she has.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  11. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Well young people aren’t watching as much football. Some are watching and learning the game because she is going. I probably watch four games a year. I will not watch any more or less if Taylor keeps attending.

12. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Basement Dwellers VIP Member

Whatever, This place is a cesspool and I should of known I couldn't have a nice debate about it here. Some taylor fan signed up just to harrass me in PM so you guys can have this place I am done. God Bless everyone here and may they find peace.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  13. gatorswifty

gatorswifty Recruit

Jan 31, 2024
    Gatorprincess says a respected moderator on this board sent her a link that said Taylor donated to Hamas.

Maybe the moderator should come forward and reveal why they are defaming Taylor Swift.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Sorry but what sort of 'debate' were you looking for with that thread title. It seems like you got what you gave tbh.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Too Hot probably isn’t for you and there’s nothing wrong with that, but you started this “friendly” discussion with a false hood. People here were kinder than normal here correcting you. We are all entitled to our own opinions but not our own facts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Hamas conspiracy aside, I think Princess might be onto something. Things I'd rather see during the NFL breaks in action than Swift, Jerry Jones et. al . . .
    • Cheerleader FG kicking competition
    • Interviews of select fans (think Lulu & Junior)
    • Fan fight cam
    • More dogs catching frisbees & doing other cool things
    • Scan-in trivia contests
    • Big $ giveaways linked w trivia/etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Basement Dwellers VIP Member

Well, I didn't think the thread title was bad because democrats are liberals so I was just stating a truth. I don't care what side you on. I thought we could debate this in a friendly way, but I should have known better and I apologize to everyone about that. I will not ever come back to too hawt. It just seems ay lil thing offended someone. I can't win for losing. Any God Bless you all and take care.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Was "all libs love Taylor Swift" based upon any objective fact?

19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    It’s easy to have a nice conversation here.

If you’re on the right side.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Somebody call the whambulance.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1