Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Now I get Why all libs love Taylor Swift

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jan 31, 2024.

1. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Basement Dwellers VIP Member

Yeah, I didn't want to see Jason Kelce's fat drunk arse either.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 8
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I'm not into her music, but she is a very genuine human being and I think you need to get a life or stop reading the wrong headlines if she bothers you.
    Watch her documentary on Netflix and then be judgy if you want.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Any football game has 3+ hours of airtime. And even the fastest offenses give you 20 seconds between plays to fill. A major celebrity cheering for his/her significant other is something interesting, and will always get screen time. Did anyone complain when they showed Andre Agassi rooting on Steffi Graf?

And fans need to start somewhere. Many of us where introduced into football at a young age. But others, like Taylor Swift, wasn't, and before she started dating Kelce, she wasn't much of a fan. Now? She's becoming a superfan of the sport. Can anyone explain to me why this is a bad thing? The fact that more and more Swifties are tuning in just to see her means a portion of these will likely become fans too, even if Swift and Kelce don't last as a couple.

I truly fail to see any issue. Swift is one of the biggest female stars on the planet. Kelce is a future HOF TE playing in his 5th Super Bowl. The two of them together is going to draw public interest.

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Spike Lee at Knicks games also comes to mind.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Her participation in the NFL this year has brought an additional $330M to the Chiefs/league.

My suggestion to anyone who doesn't like the Swift/Kelce crew is to flip through your phone any time Travis or the Chiefs do anything good. Use that 45 seconds of your life for different entertainment.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    upload_2024-1-31_12-58-3.jpeg

8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Here's a picture of Adam Sandler recently playing a pick-up game with the ball boys and managers in McKale before a University of Arizona Basketball game. Sandler's sister lives in Tucson, and he loves basketball. Showed him during the game a few times too. Nobody thought it was anything more than cool to have an acting/comedian celebrity at the game.

[​IMG]

9. GatorPrincess8

I have a life, but thanks for the insult. I am trying not to insult anyone here for God would not want me too. I can't work because I have a disability, but I do help babysit my great Niece and nephew and I count that as having a life and I serve the Lord as best I can. I will just go because I have no life. I hope you have a blessed day all of you. BYE

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I think part of it is people (certainly those who are hyper-focused on politics fall into this category) are very "online." The Republicans I personally know and have talked to don't seem to care. Many of them (and their kids) even like Swift and the story line with Kelce. MAGA Twitter has been full of anger and conspiracy theories in a way that is much more than asking an innocuous question. I'm not sure how representative those posters are in terms of the public at large, but that's part of how social media works where the most extreme or angry comments get a lot of views. For the record, I don't dispute that Democrats are hopeful Swift will help Democrats in 2024 and that they're going out of their way to promote her and talk about the worst attacks on her. That's happening, too.

11. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    I’ve seen this report before. I wonder how this $330million in brand value was determined….. and how long it will last before evaporating? Is there a plan for the NFL and KC Swifts to do something to keep the Swift-Kelce romance in the media after the superbowl?

12. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Colby Covington sure was trying hard to push himself as being a heel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Anyone get their panties in a wad when they show Jack Nicholson at Lakers games?

• Like Like x 1
  14. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Well, obviously, Sandler's outfit is sexier than TS' :eek:

Anyone who rails about TS has too much time on their hands. Sorry, she seems like a decent young woman who has been extraordinarily successful. Good for her.
    Personally, I would take TS and Lebron James as neighbors over Trump whom I voted for 2X. Aside from the issue of visitors/fans both TS and LJ seem to have lived decent lives - although I probably disagree w/ both of them politically.

I find NFL games great to watch about halfway through - via DVR. Just fast forward through all commercials, go 2X or 3X through the game and stop/replay when something interesting happens (about 20X per game). You can watch a full game in less than an hour, understand what is going on and usually time it so you see the last 5 minutes live if it's a close game and worth following.

15. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    FB_IMG_1705943420471.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Dumb ass conspiracy theories about Taylor Swift is the right's new "pizza gate" ...

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. mrhansduck

Nov 23, 2021
    Yeah, I obviously don't like Trump so I shake my head when I see that stuff. But I do like the UFC and also know that Trump and Dana White are supposedly close friends. Trump's coverage doesn't change my view of the sport or organization either way. I imagine they'd cover Obama if he showed up at a UFC event for that matter.

18. mrhansduck

Nov 23, 2021
    I've read enough of your posts on the other board to know you've been through a lot. I'm sure the vast majority of us care about you not only as a Gator but also as a person. But you're naturally going to get push back when you complain about the kneeling and accuse Swift of supporting terrorism. It's a political board after all. I, for one, hope you don't feel the need to leave. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. GatorPrincess8

I can handle a good debate; I just try not to make it personal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  20. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Let's review ... (1) you started a thread called "Now I get Why all libs love Taylor Swift" ... (2) you clarified that the reason "libs" love her is because you falsely believe that Taylor Swift supports terrorism ... (3) you try not to make it personal...

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1