Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Now I get Why all libs love Taylor Swift

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jan 31, 2024.

1. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA

They should go back to chugging beer. Chugging that haterade isn’t a good look. And it would probably do wonders for the quality of commentary.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Going by Twitter, random newscasts, and my non-sportsfan wife being unable to get enough of the story on a daily basis, this phenomenon is plainly penetrating the culture in a way I don't fully understand. But it seems like a force for good

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Hence why the Pubs are so against it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Yeah, it's interesting. I have a family member that has been really into the story despite (1) not being into music generally; (2) not knowing her music; (3) being mostly annoyed by politics; and (4) caring very little about the NFL. There's usually something for everyone in a big story, but there's an x factor here with some people that is particularly confusing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They weren't smart enough and/or lacked the self control to just shut their mouths and let it go. How in the world did these people think they were going to come out on top of this thing? With Ted Nugent and Scott Baio? All they have done is gotten Taylor and her Swifties even more cranked up to go register and vote....and it won't be for Orange Man.

@GatorPrincess8 I'm disappointed you haven't edited your title and original post after people have corrected your factually inaccurate underlying premise that Taylor Swift supports Hamas and your implication that's why liberals support her. I have never seen a pro-Homas post from any liberal on Too Hot and I think most find your assertion insulting. I had never given Taylor Swift a second thought except when one of her concerts destroyed my commute home, but I am a strong supporter of hers now that I have learned of her disdain for Trump. She is obviously an immensely talented, powerful and bright woman. I look forward to seeing and hearing a lot more from her in the coming months.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    So you think going after the biggest and most beloved female pop star of the generation over basically nothing was a tactical error by the right wing? Whoooooda thunk it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    It’s as if the right wing media will use anything to try to create anger. Remember this beauty.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Because it's playing out like a romcom in real life. The pop princess and the football star. After years of dating mostly British boys who look like they possibly have scurvy, she is now part of what feels like an American royal couple.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The closest analogy to the Swift-Kelce relationship was the relationship and (ultimately failed) marriage of Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe 70 years ago and that was decades before social media or even "Entertainment Tonight" or "Hollywood Access" type television shows. Although their relationship received a lot of coverage in print (see photo below) publications it was nothing like today.
    upload_2024-2-14_11-55-16.jpeg

11. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 9
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
  14. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Kelce gave $100k too to the family with 2 kids who were shot and lived.

• Like Like x 2
  15. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    This has the INCELS chirping on right wing sites. lol. Keeping you updated!

Taylor Swift 'BANS Travis Kelce from strip clubs' - after he wore a t-shirt from a Las Vegas adult bar at a Chiefs game this season - as the singer 'sets RULES for the Super Bowl winner to follow in their relationship' | Daily Mail Online

Taylor Swift has laid down the law in her relationship with Travis Kelce and the NFL star isn't too happy with some of them, according to a report.

The Kansas City Chiefs tight end has found himself thrust into the spotlight amid his relationship with the popstar and she is said to be cautious about his public image, particularly following his drunken display at the Super Bowl parade.

And now six months into their relationship, the songstress reportedly feels she's in a position to be able to establish some ground rules

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Not sure how anyone else spends their time, but....between my wife, my job, my dog, my outdoor hobbies, our investment in community work and my love of reading, podcasts and hard rock music, I can honestly say that I have never heard a Taylor Swift song that I know of (not a fan of country, pop or Christian music). I told my wife that I have never even heard her speak. I am aware of her, her fame and fortune and the relationship with Kelce. I even listened to an episode of the "Business Wars" podcast that talked about her rise and then her battle to gain control of her music. From everything I can tell (which is not much), she is a very likable super star.

Yet, I can easily go weeks without seeing her, hearing about her or knowing about what is going on. Surely, I am not alone in this. I truly do not care one way or the other, and as a result, find it real easy to avoid her, discussions of her and stories of her. I admit, that if I had younger children, especially girls this might not be possible, but it is for me.

So, not sure why all of the anger and hatred people feel towards her. If you don't care....just ignore her.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The Biden administration will do ANYTHING to manipulate the election. Alternatively, boy, now we see why that Taylor was such a gold digger, after his money

18. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    • Like Like x 2
  19. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
  20. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    This thread did not need to be resurrected. Ugh...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1