Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Now I get Why all libs love Taylor Swift

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jan 31, 2024.

1. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    But there will be a song with hundreds of millions of views trashing Travis Kelce lol.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I'm kinda in the same boat you are in, I'm stuck on the 90's now. (Grunge / Seattle scene).

Taylor? I do find her to be talented in her genre although that music is not my thing.

Taylor was / is the "exemplar" and mouthpiece of every broken hearted female teenager
    that ever drove her parents Xmas gift BMW to High School.

Life is a bitch when you live in a 25 million dollar house, 4 car garage, bevy of servants, and an endless line of
    sycophants just waiting in line to kiss ur arse. Imagine getting jilted by someone twice your age in Hollywood.
    Makes death by firing squad seem merciful.

OK ok, I'm picking on her. But as a passive listner to her 'shtick" I just hear "men victimized me" over and over and over again.

She puts out good "schtick" music for the white girl, Beyonce, wannabee's, no doubt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Basement Dwellers VIP Member

I
    did not know this,I don't keep up with celebrities anymore. All the ones I grew up with are dying. I am OLD!

4. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I get if people think she's getting too much attention. I also get it if people don't like her politics. But she's probably quite literally the biggest star in the world right now. We've seen cameras focused on guys like Spike Lee and Jack Nicholson at basketball games. We've seen Trump and others get air time during UFC events. We've seen a guy like Matthew McConaughey get air time during college football. The intensity of Swift's exposure is definitely unlike what we've seen in a very long time, but our cultural fascination with celebrities obviously isn't new (I personally think we're too obsessed with celebrity generally).

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I love to see men/conservatives triggered this way. Touch some grass folks.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  6. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Hamas
    Woke
    FREE
    Kneeling
    Liberals

BINGO! Where do I cash in my Too Hot Bingo card?

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    44 seconds of screen time during the AFC Championship game. That's 0.39% of the broadcast. Can probably get it down closer to zero if you shut your eyes for 5 seconds after anytime Travis Kelce makes a catch.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    I'll agree with you on this. it was not PC and disappointing

9. GatorPrincess8

I don't want to see jerry Jones or spike Lee or anyone either it's not just Taylor swift and I really hate when they show roger Goodell.

10. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    He probably has a better singing voice than his girlfriend.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    But why? It's not like they're showing these people instead of showing plays. They have to fill the airtime somehow. There's only so much analysis and stats they can talk about as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I don't want to derail the thread, but if you'd like to have a friendly discussion about the kneeling and perhaps hear a different perspective, PM me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    We’d probably all be happier if we followed your post, trading out Taylor Swift for Matt Gaetz / Kamala Harris / etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    This thread is tied for dumbest conspiracy about Taylor Swift along with the lesbians convinced she's gay and her lyrics prove it

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Big facts. I see him get his 15-20 seconds at almost every UFC match, to include MAGA fighters giving him praise and shoutouts in the octagon after a win. Some of it is cringeworthy. I don't see liberals whining about it... at least not anywhere close to the extent of this Taylor Swift bellyaching.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Fair point. I would note that I don't think many fans blame celebrities for cameras following them around during sporting events - much less if they were in a relationship with one of the stars of the sport. In contrast, if you truly believe that Taylor Swift is faking her relationship for money and using her money to support a terrorist group like Hamas, that's obviously a very legitimate reason to dislike her and to object to her being promoted.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GatorPrincess8

Because I think they could use time to make plays and shorten the game so it's not 10 hours(I'm exaggerating )

19. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Id rather them cut to Taylor than some drunk fatass with his shirt off in 30 degree weather

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    From the article …

But here is the rub: The ever-resistant to self-reflection members of the press fail to see they are just as guilty of surrendering to this hype in the manner they are - dare I say it - “seizing” on the alleged hysteria. This is the social media reflex writ large when someone on the right makes a benign comment about something in the culture, and someone on the left retorts with, “Why are you conservatives freaking out about” accusations. Ask a question about something innocuous and you become “enraged” over it, and the like.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1