Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Note on Cormani

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, May 13, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Sounds like it. Which means I have something in common with him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Why are you adding in things that I never said? Now I'm having to defend myself against comments I didn't make?

3. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    You imagine wrongly. There was an eye witness who identified him. The witness recanted a decade later. Between 2007-2017, it was very much an open case with Hernandez implicated. Like I said earlier, I'm not saying he did it. We are talking about allegations and suspicions hanging around both Jameis and Hernandez.

4. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    He's playing Mod today. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    technically yes, but imo as with much of the English language, it Depends on how you say it and how it comes across and perceived by the other party. The English language is one of which you can have basically a different interpretation of the same word when said in a different tone of voice. It's not what you say but how you say it.

I've seen many posts on here that basically say the same thing as another, but the two posts draw completely different reactions from members because of how it was communicated.

Just to be clear I don't think you or whoevers post I responded to was hating. I was just basically typing just for conversation purposes lol.

6. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    You accused Gator fans of being hypocritical. The issue we have with FSU and even UGA is not necessarily that athletes have done things that are wrong or criminal. The critique here is how each university, local government, and state government handles accusations of criminality in relation to each university. The investigation surrounding JW was mishandled in a way that heavily benefited JW in court. The Georgia government changed freedom of information laws so that UGA players can finish the season before any FOI request can impact their ability to finish the season. It is not hypocritical to critique these things.

• Winner Winner x 4
  7. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Needs weight room and to put on some muscle/pounds. Does not look more than 160 in recent pics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

That’s why I studied engineering. No confusion over different meanings or different interpretations.

Except maybe differentiating between pounds force and pounds mass…..that can sometimes mess up your units …. but I’m probably getting dangerously close to receiving my 4th ‘off-topic’ of the day from @grant1 :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Well, I think you are being naive if you think everything is done above board at any institution. I would be happy to move this discussion to PM. I think that would be a better venue.

10. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Do you mean when somebody says "shut up!" or "shutuuup!"?

11. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Almost everyone wants you locked, bro

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It also shows that his brother’s accept him

• Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    We all know there is bs happening. Do you not feel UF runs a tighter ship than say …. Fsu

14. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    weighed in good bit heavier than that

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I honestly couldn't say.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 13, 2017
    Having lived in G-Ville and Tallahassee, I can say the things I learned about in Tally leave no doubt which is more corrupt. I’m familiar with families paid hush money in Tally to keep even the coaches out of jail. I cannot speak to Norvell’s time, but under Bowden and Fisher FSU was as dirty as a program can get. UF to my knowledge has never interfered with a law enforcement investigation, FSU has.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
  17. Pnick81

Pnick81 All American

Feb 1, 2015
    Bowden said in an on camera interview with Lynn Swan he had “different rules for different players”. Referring to stars running stadium steps and back ups missing games. Remember Julian Pittman? Bowden convinced authorities to hold off punishing him until spring. He was a sr at the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 13, 2017
    Bowden created a cancer in that program and it continued after his departure. He and Ann are deplorable people that hide behind the guise of good church goers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

^This

20. r0r080

r0r080 Senior

Jul 31, 2019
    • had a conversation last night with a gentleman that is more closely tied to the to the hs football scene than I am in as far as having access to inside info, while attending a spring game. Our conversation drifted to Cormani and he indicated Cormani his Junior and then really more so his senior year at Lakeland, got to where he really liked talking chit during games ...(players,coaches, and sometimes even fans), enough so that it had begun to negatively impact his play during his senior year at Lakeland, in that it had become a major distraction with his play. he mentioned a play that really emphasized that during the state title contest with Venice. It was ironic because I had just re-watched that contest this week and I specifically recalled the play has he described it. Cormani had been jawing it big time with one of Venice's smaller but extremely fast WR from the onset of the game. On the play in question the Venice QB scored a TD on a run, Cormani was clearly in position to make a tackle if not for being more preoccupied with the Venice WR in a needless back forth tussle during the play........my friend indicated that this was what became a main staple of Cormani and what his attitude was all about by his senior year. Basically to me it boils down to maturity issues.

• I've time stamped the play, Cormani is #7

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.